Glacier National Park Removes ‘Glaciers Gone by 2020’ Signs

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
But not good for human life.
Sure it is. In the end it's okay. We humans have a way of adapting. We are part of this biodiversity. And we have amazing ways of adapting as the planet changes around us. We live in some very inhospitable places around this globe. We've found ways to farm lands that very difficult to farm. We will be just fine until the God decided it's time to judge humanity.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Sure it is. In the end it's okay. We humans have a way of adapting. We are part of this biodiversity. And we have amazing ways of adapting as the planet changes around us. We live in some very inhospitable places around this globe. We've found ways to farm lands that very difficult to farm. We will be just fine until the God decided it's time to judge humanity.
Yeah... not good for humanity because they are not the conditions under which human beings evolved and developed. The ability of the human species to prosper also involved other species that are now disappearing, like bees, who pollinate crops. The irony of you mentioning farmland while ignoring the major factors that have helped human agriculture.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The glaciers in the Rocky Mountains and othe ranges accumulate snow that compacts into ice during the winter and melt during the summer feeding streams and rivers. What happens when the glaciers are gone? Well, we will still get the usual spring melt of the snow pack but those streams and rivers will dry up to a trickle during the summer. This will seriously affect the water supplies of all those downstream towns and cities. The same goes for the crops that depend on irrigation. There will be interesting times ahead for sure.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The glaciers in the Rocky Mountains and othe ranges accumulate snow that compacts into ice during the winter and melt during the summer feeding streams and rivers. What happens when the glaciers are gone? Well, we will still get the usual spring melt of the snow pack but those streams and rivers will dry up to a trickle during the summer. This will seriously affect the water supplies of all those downstream towns and cities. The same goes for the crops that depend on irrigation. There will be interesting times ahead for sure.

Yeah, the climate is changing. But we will be okay. We are all not going to die and life won't be too harsh. Our ability to adapt and create, technology will help us. I mean we have the ability to exist and produce in some pretty harsh environments. Also the climate is not changing that much that fast. All the warming people were so concerned about has slowed considerably and is certainly within the he realm of normalcy.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, the climate is changing. But we will be okay. We are all not going to die and life won't be too harsh. Our ability to adapt and create, technology will help us. I mean we have the ability to exist and produce in some pretty harsh environments. Also the climate is not changing that much that fast. All the warming people were so concerned about has slowed considerably and is certainly within the he realm of normalcy.

No, it is not normal at all. Part of our ability to adapt is to act to mitigate our past mistakes because we are the major cause of global warming.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yeah... not good for humanity because they are not the conditions under which human beings evolved and developed. The ability of the human species to prosper also involved other species that are now disappearing, like bees, who pollinate crops. The irony of you mentioning farmland while ignoring the major factors that have helped human agriculture.

Yes I know that is a concern and from everything I've read we don't really know for sure what's causing it. There are theories but nothing that has been verified. There is a natural die off of a lot of insects and this could be a mostly natural process. Just like climate change is a natural process. If we were smart, we would be more focused on finding ways to cope with it rather than trying to stop the climate from changing. Like some of the things we are doing now to give the bees different places to prosper.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
No, it is not normal at all. Part of our ability to adapt is to act to mitigate our past mistakes because we are the major cause of global warming.

No we are not. The warming has slowed to nearly nothing now. What we are dealing with is a natural process. The planet had been changing since the last ice age. It was really cold then and it's been warming ever since. I'm fact this planet has seen some major leaps in climate throughout vits history.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
No we are not.

Yes, we are.

[quote[The warming has slowed to nearly nothing now.[/quote]

No, it has not.

What we are dealing with is a natural process.

Anthropogenic warming is actually piggybacking on top of some natural cycles and making things happen far more rapidly than ever seen before.

The planet had been changing since the last ice age. It was really cold then and it's been warming ever since. I'm fact this planet has seen some major leaps in climate throughout its history.

See above.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There is no solid proof that we are the main cause of warming. Especially since it's been going on for 12000 years. And don't throw the 97% Consensus Hoax at us. That was debunked years ago.

On top of that, when you look at the graphs, the increase in CO2 follows the increase in temperature.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No we are not. The warming has slowed to nearly nothing now. What we are dealing with is a natural process. The planet had been changing since the last ice age. It was really cold then and it's been warming ever since. I'm fact this planet has seen some major leaps in climate throughout vits history.

Slowed to nearly nothing? 40 years is an extremely small time slice for the rate of temperature rise observed...it's more than natural process...

According to NOAA, global warming has sped up over the past 40 years compared to earlier in the 20th century. The annual global average surface temperature is now increasing at an average rate of about 0.18 degrees Celsius (0.32 Fahrenheit) per decade.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...01/15/2010s-hottest-decade-world/?arc404=true

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes, we are.

[quote[The warming has slowed to nearly nothing now.

No, it has not.

Anthropogenic warming is actually piggybacking on top of some natural cycles and making things happen far more rapidly than ever seen before.

See above.[/QUOTE]

Yes it has slowed to nearly nothing. Especially when you look at what the claims were. It's not concerning. There's a lot of information out there that shows that.

You can worry if you want to, but the evidence is there.

And it's natural.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
There's a lot of information out there that shows that.
With statements like this, I can tell you don't read scientific papers, there is not a lot of information out there showing a natural cycle, it is caused by humans. But just from a logical standpoint, carbon that was previously in the ground is being released into the atmosphere at a high rate not because of volcanoes or forest fires, but because of human activity. Carbon dioxide is a warming agent, that is simple fact (e.g., look at Venus). Arguing that turning fossil fuel underground into gas released into the atmosphere means nothing fundamentally ignores feedback loops.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
With statements like this, I can tell you don't read scientific papers, there is not a lot of information out there showing a natural cycle, it is caused by humans. But just from a logical standpoint, carbon that was previously in the ground is being released into the atmosphere at a high rate not because of volcanoes or forest fires, but because of human activity. Carbon dioxide is a warming agent, that is simple fact (e.g., look at Venus). Arguing that turning fossil fuel underground into gas released into the atmosphere means nothing fundamentally ignores feedback loops.

I can tell you only read one side of the argument. There is another side to this. And plenty of infoatiom out there that contradicts what you believe. But you are entitled to believe what you want. There is quite a bit of information that says the warming trend has slowed a lot. Scientific models were all wrong. That happens. No big deal. It just shows that beliefs when it comes to the climate cannot be taken as gospel. In fact there were a lot of lies also propogated about this and misinformation. Many of the alarmists completely ignored evidence or tossed out evidence that was contrary to their beliefs. I'm not going to guess what their motives were, it may be just the fact that humans are prone to do that. There is enough evidence that the increase in warming was natural and not man caused.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I can tell you only read one side of the argument. There is another side to this. And plenty of infoatiom out there that contradicts what you believe. But you are entitled to believe what you want. There is quite a bit of information that says the warming trend has slowed a lot. Scientific models were all wrong. That happens. No big deal. It just shows that beliefs when it comes to the climate cannot be taken as gospel. In fact there were a lot of lies also propogated about this and misinformation. Many of the alarmists completely ignored evidence or tossed out evidence that was contrary to their beliefs. I'm not going to guess what their motives were, it may be just the fact that humans are prone to do that. There is enough evidence that the increase in warming was natural and not man caused.
Yes, I read peer-reviewed articles as opposed to online articles pretending there is "another side." That is just clap trap propagated by those with a financial interest in maintaining the status quo.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the "2020 is Now", files: Glacier National Park Removes ‘Glaciers Gone by 2020’ Signs

Sharp-eyed visitors have noticed that far from disappearing by 2020, some of them have actually increased in size, and 29 of the glaciers in the Montana park remain stubbornly unmelted, despite “climate change.”
As recently as September 2018 the diorama displayed a sign saying GNP’s glaciers were expected to disappear completely by 2020.

But at some point during this past winter (as the visitor center was closed to the public), workers replaced the diorama’s “gone by 2020” engraving with a new sign indicating the glaciers will disappear in “future generations.”
A common trick used by the National Park Service at GNP is to display old black-and-white photos of glaciers from bygone years (say, “1922”) next to photos of the same glaciers taken in more recent years showing the glaciers much diminished (say, “2006”). Anyone familiar with glaciers in the northern Rockies knows that glaciers tend to grow for nine months each winter and melt for three months each summer. Thus, such photo displays without precise calendar dates may be highly deceptive.
According to Roots ... some of the most famous glaciers in the park have actually grown in the last decade:
That reminds me of the scare tactic video of the lone polar bear desperately searching for food, who typically has ice to travel on _ but now is faced with starvation BECAUSE THE ICE IS DISAPPEARING _ OH NO! So the Left Wing Clan overlooks the norm thay ice melts seasonally and some polar bears starve (the ones they find out of the bunch to make there case). Their compassionate cry goes out: "He'll probably die ... maybe we should tell the world of this threat to wildlife ... and the rest of us."

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The other thing that MUST be addressed is pollutants. Many of the alarmists want to portray that those of us who are not want dirty air and water. That's simply extremist rhetoric. And utter hogwash.

We believe it is a good thing when we can have clean air and water. Even if CO2 is not the cause of climate change. So, I'm glad when we have regulations for manufacturers to follow when putting chemicals into our air and water. There is common sense to that. But there also must be common sense to the regulation as well. When studies show that a certain amount is safe then that's okay. We don't need the restrictions to be more and so onerous that a company cannot operate. Would it be good to have cars that don't pollute at all? Of course it would. But do we have that capability now to do that and still be able to haul ourselves, our campers, our goods across the country? No we don't. Are we working on it? Yes we are. I just heard about the initiative passes by the government for more research into that. Are we all going to die if we don't get it done right now? No we are not. But we are moving in the right direction.

Many times if we rush things it just causes other problems. Just like the power issues we are facing. If we suddenly all went to electric cars, we would place a huge strain on our power supply which is already struggling in parts of the country. And as we all know it takes years and years to build things. There's a lot of people out there who are against dams. There are a lot of people out there who are against nuclear power. Many people don't want windpower anywhere near them. It's a challenge over all. We will get there, but there is no rush to do so.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes, I read peer-reviewed articles as opposed to online articles pretending there is "another side." That is just clap trap propagated by those with a financial interest in maintaining the status quo.

Well the whole peer review thing has already been debunked. So there is that. Like I said. You are entitled to believe what you want. And you are entitled to try and convince people that your opinion is the right one. Just don't belittle those that don't believe that way. Because they have science on their side too.

Because there is clap trap and financial asoects at stake on the catastrophic warming side as well.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Yeah there are scientific articles from the other side. There is an awful lot of claptrap coming from the human caused catastrophic change side. We all have seen what the "peer review" process is for these things. And there is enough peer reviewed research out there to show that man caused catastrophic change isn't accurate.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I await your source: The warming has slowed to nearly nothing now.

...such as?

You know I believe this has been discussed ad nauseum in MANY other climate chang threads. At some point we have to just say, folks like you don't believe it so what's the point of just doing it over and over again.

I'm not going to convince you that there is no man caused catastrophic global warming and your not going to convince me if the opposite. It just seems a bit silly to keep trying.

But just to give it a shot anyway.

The Climate change money machine | CFACT

Upvote 0