giving reps.... blessings.... and other fun things....

Mar 2, 2012
✟16,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
i have been using the little yellow light bulb (add to this user's reputation) or what ever that little icon is that is next to the ! icon (report this post) button.... to give people whose posts i really liked a personal thank you message.... that i think ONLY they can see...

i was using this as a way to...

1. let them know how much i appreciated something they said/wrote....

2. add to their reputation ..... even though i don't really know what that means....

3. keep a list of all my favorite posts that you all have been posting....
as i give reps to you all / your posts.... it is creating an archive of all my favorite posts....

4. (you can't rep yourself though) so if you have a favorite post that you yourself wrote i'm not sure how you can put that into a keepsake list....

there is a lot on CF i still don't know about.... like giving blessings.... and that cross and heart icon..... etc..... but first off i was wondering... could someone explain reps to me?.... what happens when you give a person a rep?.... what does it do for them?.... other than the kind words you post in the rep box for them to read?....

i started this thread so we can all learn to use these awesome CF forum tools /options in the wof house.... cause we like to have fun in the wof house..... and giving reps sure has been fun for me.... that scripture that says it is more blessed to give than to receive sure is true.... i am getting really happy rep'ing people....

and actually i was wondering.... do you all know how to see the reps that you have received?.... i didn't for almost a year.... i just stumbled on it one day.... CLICK "USER CP" on the far left on the blue bar at the top of the page.... and look half way down the page on the right side under "NEW SUBSCRIBED THREADS".... you can expand (open) or minimize (close) it using the chevron on the far right..... and if you have more than 20 reps you can click on the words "VIEW ARCHIVE" to see pages of reps....

love you all.... you are awesome....

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
there is a lot on CF i still don't know about.... like giving blessings.... and that cross and heart icon..... etc..... but first off i was wondering... could someone explain reps to me?.... what happens when you give a person a rep?.... what does it do for them?.... other than the kind words you post in the rep box for them to read?....
Reps on CF are .... broken. :D

What reps are supposed to be is a view of how the community feels about your posts. Each rep adds one to your reputation, and a given user cannot rep you twice without "spreading reputation around." In other words, they have to rep a certain number of others before they can rep you again (avoids "rep clubs" from forming). So the higher the rep count the more "respected" you are in the community.

For instance, on the critics forum site that I visit, I have 35 reps. They don't like me. Some of the regulars over there have over 500. They get around. But like anyone who gets around in that manner they have contracted a disease: it's called orthodoxy.

Blessings are another thing. They are kinda like money. One way to get blessings is to go get a Job here. Then you collect Pay, or blessings, periodically (but you gotta go collect it or it will just sit there). You can also go to the Bank. Look in the upper right where it says "Welcome <yourName>...down to the bottom line of that section is your Blessings. Next to that is "Check." Click it and you are in the Bank. The blessings you have are "in your hand." You can deposit them in the bank. They will lower your blessings that show. But you will get 1% interest on your blessings every week.

So money you put in the Bank, you can't spend. Withdrawl it into your hand and you can spend it.

You can even give it away. You can ... you got it: Bless someone (the little heart and cross icon). 'tis cool.

BTW: you can even BUY blessings with REAL money. Go into the 'Purchase' link next to your blessings, and the top section allows you to donate to CF. That donation will get you blessings. You can pay through PayPal.

I'm sure there's even more to it, but that's a good start for you. Maybe pdudgeon can add to this a bit. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
✟16,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Reps on CF are .... broken. :D

I'm sure there's even more to it, but that's a good start for you. Maybe pdudgeon can add to this a bit. :)

are reps totally broken?.... maybe on the point of reflecting community reputation..... but somehow my reputation level keeps going up it seems as i rep others.... i'm not doing anything with blessings because i don't yet understand it.... but i am prolifically rep'ing others and i think it is causing their rep count and mine to increase?.... am i wrong in that?....

and the rep posts still show up in the other persons rep file/archive.... so they can go to the rep file found in USER CP and read all the nice things people say about them.... so that part seems to be working... i think...

i get encouraged reading the rep list of nice things people say to me.... it makes me rejoice in participating at CF wof...

and i get encouraged when i look at the list of nice things i said to others.... it helps me remember what they posted on the forum that so impacted me.... and if i forget their post.... i can click on the thread title on the left of my rep to them.... and it will take me back to the exact post they made that i originally loved.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Habakk
Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
are reps totally broken?.... maybe on the point of reflecting community reputation..... but somehow my reputation level keeps going up it seems as i rep others.... i'm not doing anything with blessings because i don't yet understand it.... but i am prolifically rep'ing others and i think it is causing their rep count and mine to increase?.... am i wrong in that?....
Well, unless they are adding exponentially, but you have 3,659,251,838,122,264 reps. NORMALLY in a forum, you get 1 rep when someone reps you. Somehow I doubt it here. So unless they are giving 1 trillion plus change reps per rep... hey that's cool: rep per rep per rep per rep per rep per rep per rep per rep ... ha ha!!

and the rep posts still show up in the other persons rep file/archive.... so they can go to the rep file found in USER CP and read all the nice things people say about them.... so that part seems to be working... i think...
Sure, all the gooey stuff about it works. But the number is supposed to be an indicator of community acceptance. Numbers in the gazzillions just don't do that.

i get encouraged reading the rep list of nice things people say to me.... it makes me rejoice in participating at CF wof...

and i get encouraged when i look at the list of nice things i said to others.... it helps me remember what they posted on the forum that so impacted me.... and if i forget their post.... i can click on the thread title on the left of my rep to them.... and it will take me back to the exact post they made that i originally loved.....
Yes, for that it works and I agree is quite nice to see the individual support that you get. I have to admit I've been lax in giving reps, but I am going to work on being better.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
✟16,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Blessings are another thing. They are kinda like money. One way to get blessings is to go get a Job here. Then you collect Pay, or blessings, periodically (but you gotta go collect it or it will just sit there). You can also go to the Bank. Look in the upper right where it says "Welcome <yourName>...down to the bottom line of that section is your Blessings. Next to that is "Check." Click it and you are in the Bank. The blessings you have are "in your hand." You can deposit them in the bank. They will lower your blessings that show. But you will get 1% interest on your blessings every week.

So money you put in the Bank, you can't spend. Withdrawl it into your hand and you can spend it.

You can even give it away. You can ... you got it: Bless someone (the little heart and cross icon). 'tis cool.

BTW: you can even BUY blessings with REAL money. Go into the 'Purchase' link next to your blessings, and the top section allows you to donate to CF. That donation will get you blessings. You can pay through PayPal.

wow....thanks sooo much for this.... i never understood blessings either.... so you use the cross and heart icon to bless someone?..... with the blessings that you withdraw from the bank and put into your hand (blessings that show on your count)?..... this is awesome.....

and i like that earn 1% interest when you put your money in the bank....

and get a job to earn money?..... wow... this i really fun stuff...

Reactions: Habakk
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
hey that's cool: rep per rep per rep per rep per rep per rep per rep per rep ... ha ha!!
Yeah that is really cool, and this phrase looks like one of mine.

Do I get any reps or blessings for picking on you with this? You guys thought I learned a little about formatting to pick apart your teachings. Not so, it's to grab phrases like this one. I will be watching!

As far as all the teaching goes, I/we are listening and learning.

Blessings to you all on this "beautiful" Saturday morning.

Harry

Ps: Kidding aside, I won't be making a "habit" of picking these type of phrases for comment. Just couldn't resist this one.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
yep, blessings, reps, and getting a Cf job are all part of the fun here.:thumbsup:

i use reps to encourage others-just like a pat on the back in real life. When a person posts in a forum, the only feedback they will receive is either comments from others or reps. so especially when someone is just learning their way around here, or just learning something new about Christ I like to encourage them.:hug:

the CF jobs are based upon how many posts you make here. When a member has made 100 posts they are elligable for a CF job. their 'pay' is collected every week in added blessings.

one thing blessings still work for is to create an avitar and buy clothes for them or accessories, and also to get a pet and buy food and housing for it. sometimes members here will also use their blessings to help take care of and feed other member's pets when they are away or ill. the CF volunters in the pet forum can help you out if you would like to do that.

as for reps, there is a whole forum made for exchanging and building your reps! Some people here really got into that, calling themselves the 'repaholics'. they help others to build reps, they trade reps, etc. it's a fun thing.^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
✟16,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey All,

I would like to give away some blessings. What is the best way to find the people who would need them, or really like them?
checking the blessing count of people might help to see who needs blessings.....

someone with a low blessing count probably NEEDS blessings more than someone with a high blessing count....

you can find each person's BLESSING count in their post on the right side.... under their JOIN DATE and POST count..... some people have 1,000 or less.... the richest on CF have billions..... 25,000,000,000.....

i'm not sure how to find someone who would really LIKE them..... that is a good question..... but i think someone with a low blessing count would probably APPRECIATE them.... and feel loved and honored to RECEIVE blessings....

GOD BLESS YOU in your desire to give away blessings..... that is very generous and loving of you.... love.... prayers.... blessings..... :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

ps.... to GIVE BLESSINGS to someone..... CLICK BLESS beside their blessing count on the right side of their post.... or..... CLICK on the red heart/black cross icon under their name on the left side of their post.... make sure that their name is showing in the recipient box.... a list of the RICHEST CF'ers will show under all of the white boxes that need to be filled in..... recipient name.... blessings amount you wish to donate.... etc....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 2, 2012
✟16,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
just a reminder that there is a little yellow light bulb in the upper right hand side of each persons' post.... you can use this to make a short comment on the posts that you like... (add to this user's reputation)

if you want to SEE if you have received any reps from anyone on your posts you can right click on "user CP".... it is in the left corner of the top blue band....

then look at the center of the page for "latest reputations received".... people could have been saying nice things about your post and you never knew....
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
i was using reps as a way to...

1. let them know how much i appreciated something they said/wrote....

2. keep a list of all my favorite posts that you all have been posting....
as i give reps to your posts it is creating an archive of all my favorite posts....

Upvote 0