itoldyounoalready

Sep 21, 2005
✟8,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
you mean reading into the bible as opposed to reading out of the bible,

reading your own views into the bible, or only finding those verses the advocate YOUR point of view,rather than seeing what Christ wants you to see.because that has always been one of my things, when I come to God's word I have to be open to discipline, and discipline myself to see the things which i need to see, and correct myself, as opposedto seeing only things which I want to see.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
you mean reading into the bible as opposed to reading out of the bible,

reading your own views into the bible, or only finding those verses the advocate YOUR point of view,rather than seeing what Christ wants you to see.because that has always been one of my things, when I come to God's word I have to be open to discipline, and discipline myself to see the things which i need to see, and correct myself, as opposedto seeing only things which I want to see.
But would your take on what Christ wants you to see lead to to believe in things like a global flood? Such a belief, if firmly held, would be considered brainwashed belief.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
if you can't prove this with scripture, don't approach me with it, and i'm not talking about having to twist scripture to advoacate this.
What in particular are you talking about here?
on this specific topic, God has only flooded the earth once, and it was promised that he would never do it again.
Again, if you hold belief in a global flood, it certainly falls under the category of brainwashed belief that could be attributed to some parts of Christianity.

Upvote 0

itoldyounoalready

Sep 21, 2005
✟8,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What in particular are you talking about here?

Again, if you hold belief in a global flood, it certainly falls under the category of brainwashed belief that could be attributed to some parts of Christianity.
i'm talking about just about anything

b.) i don't believe that believing in truth is brainwashed, if that's what your getting at

if i said the sky was blue and you believed it to be pink
would you say i was brainwashed, for telling you the truth

Upvote 0

UBERROGO

May 1, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Girl Crush?

Has anyone else ever heard of this?
Apparently it's this thing where straight girls are allowed to have a small crush on another girl, and thing she's hot etc., but they say it's okay because it doesn't develop into anything more.

Has anybody heard of this before, is this something new or what?

I have heard of this before. But in the context of a guy saying that another guy is attractive. They said that Brad Pitt was their man crush. They meant that he was attractive, but he definitly did not want to 'do' him. Same cases with the girls I know who have Girl Crushes.

Upvote 0

UBERROGO

May 1, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
So, following that train of logic, why should non-Autistics speak for Autistics? Why should pro-lifers speak for the fetus? ...

As a former fetus, I feel I have enough experience with being a fetus to know that I would like to live if at all possible.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As a former fetus, I feel I have enough experience with being a fetus to know that I would like to live if at all possible.
Can you actually remember being a fetus, though? I really, really doubt it. So why should you be able to speak for the fetus when you don't even have a conscious memory of being one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Has anyone else ever heard of this?
Apparently it's this thing where straight girls are allowed to have a small crush on another girl, and thing she's hot etc., but they say it's okay because it doesn't develop into anything more.

Has anybody heard of this before, is this something new or what?

Not new at all. I did a semester-long project on attraction for an Experimental Psychology class during my senior year. Among other things, I read a paper written by a school-teacher in the 1800's, noting the tendency of girls to "fall desperately in love" with their friends. She called them "smashes."

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
i think this is a pathway into far deeper and dangerous things
What exactly is so "dangerous" about homosexuality, besides the fact that it's a sin? Put aside your Bible for a second (even though it's difficult for you), and give me a straight, non-religious answer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.