✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes...

"And about these also Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, "Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones" (Jude 14).

Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Mat. 26:24) Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born. (Enoch 38:2 {38:2})

In my Father's house are many mansions (John 14:2) In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. (Enoch 45:3 {45:3})

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Mat 5:5) The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 {6:9})

Most of those are not quotes at all, just slightly similar wording.

Even for the Jude passage, we can't say it's a quote because (1) the Enoch manuscripts we have are more recent than Jude, and (2) the complete Greek versions of Enoch have been lost, so we can't compare exact wording. The passages in Jude and Enoch might simply have a common origin.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The average height of men in the ancient near east was about 5' tall. There is a textual explanation that the Nephilim/Giants were appropriately 6'6", which would be like giants to a 5 foot tall man
Deut. 3:11 Og king of Bashan was the last of the Rephaites. His bed was decorated with iron and was more than nine cubits long and four cubits wide. It is still in Rabbah of the Ammonites.

A "cubit" will be different for every man as it wasn't an exact measurement. It was the length between the elbow and fingertips. Generally accepted as 1.5", we then look at Og's bed and see that it was 13 1/2' X 6'. Basically his bed was as long as the floor is to the top of a basketball backboard, and essentially what you are claiming to be a Nephilim's height wide.

Where did you get the 6.5' size from?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, they can't, because they're not human.
Gen 18:2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground

Gen 18:20 And YHWH said, "Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave

Gen 18:22 Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before YHWH.

Gen 19:1 Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground.

Three men show up to Abraham. One is called YHWH and speaks as YHWH (i.e. "YHWH said...") and the other two "men" go to Sodom where we learn they were angels. The men of Sodom want to have sex with them, which appears to be what was happening in Genesis 6. Like earlier in Genesis, this mixing causes destruction from God. I would add that after the flood we see Joshua leading armies to destroy city after city and this bothered me for a long time until I learned that EVERY ONE OF THOSE CITIES had giants which means the mixing began again after the flood.

Point being... apparently angels can take human form and function like humans... which might be why we were warned of Paul wrote in Heb 13:2, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." None of this sits well with my own bias and understanding, but this is what the Word is saying and we have to let it say whatever it says.

Reactions: Dirk1540
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me rephrase to pour water on your fire ken. Sons of God is taken to signify, godly men.

That isn't the case in the OT.

Look Keith... Christian teaching (which I don't even agree with this but it is how it is taught and believed) is that when Adam fell we died "spiritually" and were no longer in the family of God. Instead, we needed Yeshua to bridge the gap so that we could, again, be called "sons of God." If that is the mainstream Christian teaching, then "sons of God" can't be speaking of humans before Christ because until he bridged the gap between us and the Father, nobody was a son of God!

We have two uses of that phrase in the OT, just two. The first is in Gen 6 where the sons of God take human women as wives. That is what it is saying, "the sons of God took daughters OF MEN as wives." Who the heck else would they have taken unless the notion of human women here is noteworthy? :) And then we see the phrase again in Job... where, as I already stated, the sons of God and satan stand BEFORE GOD and petition Him for the life of Job. They are allowed to do anything to him but kill him... and since Job got physical ailments (open sores), lost his wealth, family (save for a nagging wife) and so forth. They could do anything they wanted but take his life because his life belonged to the Lord. I don't see men here... I see beings with the ability to do things we can't. But, that is how I see it... you don't have to accept this.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But they are not humans. They haven't got human DNA (no DNA at all, actually).
So you say... you don't know that, you didn't test them. It says they came AS MEN... Paul wrote that we need to make sure when it comes to our dealings with strangers (people we don't know) because they might be angels that we aren't aware of. So the bible is saying they look, sound and feel like MEN (if they apparently choose to or are are directed to by God) and you are saying they are not humans. I have to go with the bible here bro... if it says they can take the form of men then they can take the form of men.

Question... why would the Sodomites desire angels? Where did THAT idea get into their heads unless this had been something that was happening before? And why would Paul write that a woman's head should be covered because of the angels?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you say... you don't know that, you didn't test them. It says they came AS MEN...

That means that they can look like men, not that they reproduce with human women.

And angels don't have DNA because they're not physical beings.

Question... why would the Sodomites desire angels?

The Sodomites didn't know they were angels (they called them "men"). And the Sodomites were not, of course, interested in reproduction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That means that they look like men, not that they reproduce with human women.

Could you answer my questions? There were just two of them, thanks.

And as far as "looking like them," it says they appeared as men. You don't know what DNA they had, you don't know... you are imposing your view into this. Unless you can test one, you don't know.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There is an old saying that: "Everybody is entitled to their own opinion."

For how many years have people been saying there is a "Bigfoot" and/or the "Yeti"? There have also been pictures, camera footage supplied to support their evidence.

Stories of the "Bigfoot" in America extend back to a hundred years before the settlers came to America.

Stories of the Yeti in Mongolia, Siberia, etc., go back as far as well.

Yet in all these years, in all these expeditions, not shred of evidence has been produced to show for a fact, they exist!

Even now, with all the expeditions being formed, I have seen the documentaries, there is still no evidence other than "legends", "folklore", stories handed down from generation to generation to support it.

There are over 4000 satellites in orbit around the earth. They can see through water to find a car in a lake that's been there over 10 years. They can zoom in on a person sitting on a park bench in "Anytown, U.S.A." and see that they are reading a newspaper. Satellites that have "infra-red" capabilities, that can see a deer running through a forest. Satellites that can detect a missile being fueled underground, preparing for launch.

Now your going to tell me that for the last 180years, the Smithsonian Institution has gone world wide, destroyed, or hidden evidence of 40 foot tall "men"?

Nope.....

But they did go around the US and were lead by a man who was a staunch Darwinian.....

Just be patient..... as more of this comes forward, it will escalate...

I'm waiting for an interview with a man who claims his dad was a deck hand on barges that took these artifacts that contradict Darwinian fables and dumped them in the ocean.

Supposedly, his father kept some of the artifacts.....should be interesting.

All things are moving slowly right now as careers and even lives are at stake.... the more that is found and revealed the more it will expedite the process.

The Darwinian evolutionary camp is large and strong. It dominates academia and the media. Nobody, with any foresight wants to present evidence that contradicts it as they will lose their credibility and career.... wrongfully of course.

Satan tells truth and lies..... you never know what to believe.... So... he has given the world lots of hoaxes to do with giant bones and pictures... so people write ALL of them off as fake...
Very intelligent way to corrupt the truth.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That means that they can look like men, not that they reproduce with human women.

The Sodomites didn't know they were angels (they called them "men"). And the Sodomites were not, of course, interested in reproduction.
Sounds like you are an expert in angelic physiology......

Remember, we have entertained angels... unaware of it.

The angels that fell and then agreed with Satan's plan to corrupt the human bloodline, lost their first estate...gave up their spiritual form.

Please show your proof as to angels not being physical beings, or able to assume the physical form necessary to reproduce with human women... as the bible states that they did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And that applies how?

God Bless

Till all are one.
Well, two children, born from the same mother, with different fathers, can be amazingly different in size and stature.....

Now, imagine a woman giving birth to the child of an angel. Especially when these angels had knowledge that mankind didn't have then and doesn't possess now.

Later on, these nephilim corrupted all flesh with their ability to manipulate DNA.

This was a plan to corrupt the human DNA line so that there would be no pure human line which would be necessary for God's Son Jesus to be in order to save the human race.

This technology must have been what Nimrod figured out. He was a giant hunter and then became a Giant himself.... they worshiped him and he was the one who built the tower of Babel.....

Just FYI the word Cannibal is derived from Canaan and Babel due to their practice of eating humans.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Again, the Apostle Paul quote from and use Greek poetry in his letters. Should we include these in the canon?

And here again, show me where Jude actually quotes from Enoch.

OK.....

Jude 14

"And about these also Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, "Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones" (Jude 14).

It's OK if you don't believe that the Book of Enoch is a great reference book.... but... you'll have to throw out a bunch of other books then too.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There's also the problem that we have no idea what the original book of Enoch said. Apart from a few fragments, all we have is the Ethiopian translation.

With no Greek text for the book of Enoch, it's impossible to say whether even the famous passage from Jude 1:14-15 is a direct quote from the book of Enoch (as opposed to being parallel passages with a common source).

And there's no reason to believe that even the original book of Enoch was inspired.

Was there not text from the Dead sea scrolls that was word for word from the book of Enoch?

Is the book not still here in existance? Probably the oldest written record by man?

If it's here, it's quoted in the Bible, it's copied in the dead sea scrolls..... then.... I have good reason to believe that, since all things happen for the good of the Lord.... that God wanted it here and to be read.

It may not be Canon but it is a wealth of knowledge and insight into this time of history....

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Here is another problem with Enoch.

"Who will hereafter tread upon Mount Sinai; appear with his hosts; and be manifested in the strength of his power from heaven." -1 Enoch 1:5

Enoch was taken by God about 700 years before the flood. Did Mt. Sinai exist prior to the flood?

If so, show in scripture. The world as we know it now, rather, over the last 6 millennia, came about because of the flood.

"They see that every work of God is invariable in the period of its appearance. They behold summer and winter: perceiving that the whole earth is full of water; and that the cloud, the dew, and the rain refresh it." -1 Enoch 3:3

Two things:
  1. Here Enoch mentions "summer and winter", seasons are not mentioned until after the flood. (cf. Gen. 8:22)
  2. Rain, scripture also says there was no rain, get that "NO RAIN" until the flood. (cf. Gen. 2:6)
"They consider and behold every tree, how it appears to wither, and every leaf to fall off, except of fourteen trees, which are not deciduous; which wait from the old, to the appearance of the new leaf, for two or three winters." -1 Enoch 4:1

Again, mention of a season (2 or 3 to be exact) prior to the flood.

Can this be shown from scripture?

"That mountain therefore was called Armon, because they had sworn upon it, (5) and bound themselves by mutual execrations.

(5) Mt. Armon, or Mt. Hermon, derives its name from the Hebrew word herem, a curse (Charles, p. 63).

For the same reason as Mt. Sinai, did it exist in Enoch's time? If so, show me scripture.

"To Gabriel also the Lord said,...Purify the earth from all oppression, from all injustice, from all crime, from all impiety, and from all the pollution which is committed upon it. Exterminate them from the earth. Then shall all the children of men be righteous, and all nations shall pay me divine honours, and bless me; and all shall adore me. The earth shall be cleansed from all corruption, from every crime, from all punishment, and from all suffering; neither will I again send a deluge upon it from generation to generation for ever." -1 Enoch 10: 13, 25-27

Where to start on these verses. Where in scripture, are we told that Gabriel "purified the earth from all oppression and pollution? How can purification by Gabriel bring about righteousness? Are we not told that righteousness comes from God through faith? And if Gabriel did what God said, why did God need to send a flood?

"Proceeding on, I continued over the waters of Danbadan, (16) which is on the right to the west of Armon, reading the memorial of their prayer, until I fell asleep." -1 Enoch 13:8

(16) Danbadan. Dan in Dan (Knibb, p. 94).

In this passage, Enoch makes a reference to the land of Dan. (see footnote)

At the time of Enoch's "supposedly" writing this, the city of Dan, in the northernmost part of Israel, did not exist. Neither did Israel.

I can go on if you like.

God Bless

Till all are one.
If you go to the equator... they have four seasons...

Four seasons do not have to be freezing cold..... warm spring.... hot summer and stormy fall...

Trees lose their leaves in all areas of the globe.... it is a dying and refreshing...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, they can't, because they're not human.
Funny... who then mated with human women? And, somehow, produced giants?

As someone said, it states... human women for a reason.

Please show proof that angels cannot lose their spiritual attributes and become creatures that can mate with women.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Most of those are not quotes at all, just slightly similar wording.

Even for the Jude passage, we can't say it's a quote because (1) the Enoch manuscripts we have are more recent than Jude, and (2) the complete Greek versions of Enoch have been lost, so we can't compare exact wording. The passages in Jude and Enoch might simply have a common origin.
The Ethiopians have manuscripts of Enoch that match parchments from the dead sea scrolls.

I find it even more amazing that Enoch wrote text that is so close to the Canonized scripture written thousands of years later.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, two children, born from the same mother, with different fathers, can be amazingly different in size and stature.....

Now, imagine a woman giving birth to the child of an angel. Especially when these angels had knowledge that mankind didn't have then and doesn't possess now.

Later on, these nephilim corrupted all flesh with their ability to manipulate DNA.

This was a plan to corrupt the human DNA line so that there would be no pure human line which would be necessary for God's Son Jesus to be in order to save the human race.

This technology must have been what Nimrod figured out. He was a giant hunter and then became a Giant himself.... they worshiped him and he was the one who built the tower of Babel.....

Just FYI the word Cannibal is derived from Canaan and Babel due to their practice of eating humans.

"He was a giant hunter and then became a Giant himself." What is that supposed to mean---he BECAME a giant?? Just how does one go about becoming a giant?
Has anyone encountered someone with other than human DNA??
This is all the bible has to say about Nimrod:

Gen_10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
Gen_10:9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
1Ch_1:10 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be mighty upon the earth.
Mic_5:6 And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.

Gen_10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
Gen_10:7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
Gen_5:32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Gen_6:10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Nimrod was the son of Cush (not a fallen angel)--Cush was the son of Ham (again, not a fallen angel) and Ham was the Son of Noah--definitely not a fallen angel.

Gen_10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
In Hebrew:"and Kush had brought forth Nimrod, he began to exist as a courageous one in the land,"
MTT: Genesis 10

Nimrod did not "become a giant"

Upvote 0