Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, so I've been reading and looking into the finding of giant skeletons all throughout history lately and I just wanted some opinions. Or if anyone else knows a lot about them I'd be down. Books to read, etc.

The eyes of that species of extinct giants whose bones
fill the mounds of America have gazed on Niagara, as
ours do now. - Abraham Lincoln 1848

This quote has spurred on an interest to look into them again.

Whether it was the hundreds of giant skeletons ranging between 7ft tall and taller being destroyed admittedly by the smithsonian institute after they took the findings from those who found them and that trusted the institute with their findings. Or the countless other occurrences and finds involving skeletons in the indian mounds, or in random places buried beneath the ground all throughout the globe, giants did exist, just as the bible tells us they did.

My question is again, not wanting to debate the existence of these finds, but just wanting more input on this topic. If anyone is well versed in these things, come at me. I'm down for all the evidence and books and sites and what have you that you've got. I just want to learn.

The book of enoch tells us what those weird giant "god" men that are depicted all throughout ancient civilizations that had no way to contact one another all coming down and teaching them how to smelt metals, use herbs for medicine, teaching them about the stars, etc. It even describes why they all have smilier histories involving these beings, how the people fed them, and served them until all the food ran out and the beings ended up eating the people. The book of enoch gives answers to these things, and I feel that the government is riding our history of the skeletons and our proof of the existence of giants so it becomes less obvious that the bible exists, and more likely that it's "aliens". Hogwash, aliens don't exist. Giants that came from the seed of fallen angels however...

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No giant skeletons have been found. There are a lot of "photos" on the internet which unscrupulous persons and websites promote as evidence of giant skeletons, but these are known fakes--photoshopped images, the majority of which originated from a photoshopping competition among a handful of digital artists from a website many years back.

There have never been "giants" living on our planet. The "giants" of the Bible were men like Goliath, who were massive by the standards of the time, and would still be quite tall by today's standards, but not unheard of. We watch people the same height as Goliath (and taller) all the time whenever we flip the station over to watch a professional basketball game. Goliath was only around 6'9 (~2 meters for those who do the whole metric system thing).

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No giant skeletons have been found. There are a lot of "photos" on the internet which unscrupulous persons and websites promote as evidence of giant skeletons, but these are known fakes--photoshopped images, the majority of which originated from a photoshopping competition among a handful of digital artists from a website many years back.

There have never been "giants" living on our planet. The "giants" of the Bible were men like Goliath, who were massive by the standards of the time, and would still be quite tall by today's standards, but not unheard of. We watch people the same height as Goliath (and taller) all the time whenever we flip the station over to watch a professional basketball game. Goliath was only around 6'9 (~2 meters for those who do the whole metric system thing).

-CryptoLutheran
Og of Bashan was 15-16 ft tall - biblical. The Anakim that inhabited the land were giant men 10-40 ft tall. Goliath was a giant, and had several brothers that were also giants.

The eyes of that species of extinct giants whose bones
fill the mounds of America have gazed on Niagara, as
ours do now. - Abraham Lincoln 1848

Debate Abraham Lincoln.

There's countless books regarding the findings of these all throughout history, there's countless articles written by various 1900-1800 books and magazines and papers.

Several I've found that are from New York Times regarding these findings. There's videos, books, town records recording their findings before their finds were destroyed or stolen, and you have there a direct quote from President Lincoln about their existence. I'm not here to debate the naysayers, if you don't want to believe, go for it. The bible directly tells us giants existed, debate with God if you want, but not me. I'm making this thread to talk with people who have researched this topic, and have some things to share as far as what books are good, what articles or movies are good, and what more evidence they've found.

Attachments

• published-may-4-1908-new-york-times-e28093-giant-skeletons-found.jpg
    published-may-4-1908-new-york-times-e28093-giant-skeletons-found.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 49
  • wisconsin_mound_kjempe_arti1.gif
    wisconsin_mound_kjempe_arti1.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Numbers 13:23 And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes, and they bare it between two upon a staff; and they brought of the pomegranates, and of the figs.

A cluster of grapes is normally about the size of an average person's head. If that. There are clusters that can get much bigger, but it (from the text) was normal for the land, but giant by their standards because it took two people to carry what would normally fit in one's hand.

Numbers 13:32-33 - 32And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. 33And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Reactions: John now
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No giant skeletons have been found. There are a lot of "photos" on the internet which unscrupulous persons and websites promote as evidence of giant skeletons, but these are known fakes--photoshopped images

True.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See the articles from the NYT that I shared above. There's been books, articles, and actual accounts of people finding these skeletons all throughout history. They all have something in common - theft, or destruction.

The bible, and many other biblical books that were taken out of canon attest to them, and if their existence is hidden, that makes the evidence of what the bible says go *poof*

Leaving children, men and women to justify the goings on in ancient times as aliens, and unbiblical. Above is a legitimate quote about Abraham Lincoln referring to the skeletons of giants being discovered in the Indian mounds all throughout the US - which are actual events.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The smithsonian did have some at some point in time, but I tend not to mention them most of the time because of recent events online. There have been in the past people who have sold, and who later refused to sell their finds to them because of accounts of them losing their finds. There is even a case of a man outright refusing to give his find to the museum because of their history regarding these finds, but generally I don't mention them because of the online hoax that happened a few years ago. Unless however, I'm talking to people that have looked into it enough to not let things like a hoax deter them from researching deeper into a topic (obviously apart from the hoax, but concerning other things that actually happened).

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's a few articles written by the NYT of some finds. There's tons of these, and a few books written on the topic, as well as town records all throughout the US where they found similar sized skeletons, and one by one all of their finds were either destroyed, or stolen. All were covered up mostly, but there are things like the NYT articles, non-publicized books, and the records from the small towns that weren't erased that still remain. I've not really seen any legit photos. There's a few that may be, but eh. I'm naturally going to be more likely to believe in these finds, one because the bible says that they exist, and two, because you'd have to be crazy to believe that our government wouldn't hide something like this from us, especially since the verification of such a thing would spike the amount of bible believers in this world. Atheists everywhere are just yearning for a reason to believe. Take away this one, solid find, and all of a sudden, evolution is possible, aliens are possible, anything is possible, just not the bible.

Attachments

• published-may-4-1908-new-york-times-e28093-giant-skeletons-found.jpg
    published-may-4-1908-new-york-times-e28093-giant-skeletons-found.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 38
  • wisconsin_mound_kjempe_arti1.gif
    wisconsin_mound_kjempe_arti1.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Numbers 13:23 And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes, and they bare it between two upon a staff; and they brought of the pomegranates, and of the figs.

A cluster of grapes is normally about the size of an average person's head. If that. There are clusters that can get much bigger, but it (from the text) was normal for the land, but giant by their standards because it took two people to carry what would normally fit in one's hand.

Numbers 13:32-33 - 32And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. 33And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
The scripture in question clearly states that the spies lied.

The spirits of the giants in the book of enoch were 3,000 ells which is 20 miles. The word translated as giants has also been in debate among scholars for a very long time.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The scripture in question clearly states that the spies lied.
It definitely doesn't, they were giants. They were punished by being unable to enter the land because they lacked faith in God being able to deliver the land to them despite the giants residing there, not because they lied about them being giants. Otherwise the two that knew they could overcome the giants would've disputed their giant claims, when they didn't. They only exuded faith by saying that it could be done.
The spirits of the giants in the book of enoch were 3,000 ells which is 20 miles. The word translated as giants has also been in debate among scholars for a very long time.
There are many spirits, and watchers mentioned. There are many that fit the bill of the men in the verse above, between 10-40 ft tall. Some much taller, but I digress. I'm not sure why you'd completely ignore them when commenting here - it is what it is I guess.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The book of enoch tells us what those weird giant "god" men that are depicted all throughout ancient civilizations that had no way to contact one another all coming down and teaching them how to smelt metals, use herbs for medicine, teaching them about the stars, etc. It even describes why they all have smilier histories involving these beings, how the people fed them, and served them until all the food ran out and the beings ended up eating the people. The book of enoch gives answers to these things, and I feel that the government is riding our history of the skeletons and our proof of the existence of giants so it becomes less obvious that the bible exists, and more likely that it's "aliens". Hogwash, aliens don't exist. Giants that came from the seed of fallen angels however...

We have been through this before.

Since you and others want to include Enoch in the canon, I suggest you read what Enoch said about these "god", "giants", these offspring of the nephillim.

450' tall men. That is what Enoch teaches.

If you can show anywhere else in scripture where men were said to be this tall, I'll back you up.

Until then...

God Bless

Till all are one.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Its also funny that depending on which "translated" version you have, the height of these "Watchers" varies greatly:

"7:3 became pregnant and brought forth great giants whose stature was three thousand ells."

Source

In this version, the height is given until verse 12:

"Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;"

Source

If the first quote from Enoch 7:3 is the correct one, it says these people were 3000 ells tall.

An "ell" in biblical measurements could have been as much as 3.75 feet.

(Ells to Feet converter)

Do the math folks, 3000 x 3.75. 11,250 feet tall?!?

That's a little bit over 2 miles tall!

If its is roughly the same as a cubit, do the math.

An "ell" equals 1.5 feet. 3000 x 1.5' equals 4500' tall.

That's just 780 feet short of being a mile tall.

If the second variation is correct, then we know:

A cubit equals 1.5 feet. Do the math: 300 x 1.5 equals 450' tall.

That makes these "giants" as tall as the ark was long.

So, according to Enoch, which is correct:

"Giants" taller than 2 miles?

"Giants" almost a mile tall?

"Giants" 450" tall?

Which version of Enoch is correct?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Link to the document this 'quote' is recorded. All I see thus far is hearsay.

You know, it also strange that between the time Adam was driven out of the Garden, until the flood is relatively short. Yet by the time Noah is ready to build the ark, we have the antediluvians.

How is it possible, that even though with the "breeding" of the "Watchers" with the daughters of man, that women were able to give birth to children that would grow to 40' tall or higher?

How come man over the last 5000 years, has not evolved enough to have children over, in rare cases, 9' tall?

Look at nature. The largest mammal to give "live birth, produce milk" for their children to drink, is the blue whale. A newborn "blue whale" weighs around 30 tons! And look at its mother, how big is she?

In all honesty, how big of a uterus would a woman have to have to give birth to a baby that would grow 40 feet, or 450 feet, or even 4500 feet tall?

The biggest "natural born" baby in the world was born in 1878 to Anna Bates in Ohio, she herself, stood 7'11". The baby weighed 23 lbs, 12 oz, he was 28" long, but sadly, only lived 11 hours after birth. (See Guinness Book of World Records)

40 feet tall. That's almost as tall as a Semi-Truck and trailer. (53 feet)

I wonder how big a baby would have to be when born, to grow to the size of a semi-truck?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Its also funny that depending on which "translated" version you have, the height of these "Watchers" varies greatly:

"7:3 became pregnant and brought forth great giants whose stature was three thousand ells."

Source

In this version, the height is given until verse 12:

"Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;"

Source

If the first quote from Enoch 7:3 is the correct one, it says these people were 3000 ells tall.

An "ell" in biblical measurements could have been as much as 3.75 feet.

(Ells to Feet converter)

Do the math folks, 3000 x 3.75. 11,250 feet tall?!?

That's a little bit over 2 miles tall!

If its is roughly the same as a cubit, do the math.

An "ell" equals 1.5 feet. 3000 x 1.5' equals 4500' tall.

That's just 780 feet short of being a mile tall.

If the second variation is correct, then we know:

A cubit equals 1.5 feet. Do the math: 300 x 1.5 equals 450' tall.

That makes these "giants" as tall as the ark was long.

So, according to Enoch, which is correct:

"Giants" taller than 2 miles?

"Giants" almost a mile tall?

"Giants" 450" tall?

Which version of Enoch is correct?

God Bless

Till all are one.

This is 9000 feet high:

iu

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is 9000 feet high:

I showed you where it said 300 cubits.

Lo and behold, another translation says 3000 ells.

At 3000 ells, that's higher than 2 miles! (5380 feet equals 1 mile, that's 11,250 feet @ 3000 ells)

God Bless

Till all are one.

• Winner
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,179,025.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is 9000 feet high:
I'm guessing the reason we don't have any fossil evidence of these guys is they jumped into the air and got caught by the sun's gravity.

Upvote 0