Not open for further replies.

JJB

Dec 28, 2004
✟4,433.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If you were in Washington, D.C., standing at the gate which leads into the White House, which approach would get you in:

1. Standing at the gate saying, "I know George W. Bush. Let me in."

or,

2. Geroge W. Bush coming to the gate, saying, "I know this person. Let him in."

:scratch:

The most important thing on the face of the earth is NOT the statement that "I know Jesus", rather it is "Does Jesus know me?"

"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

In your Christian walk, do you look/act/do the same things as your unbelieving co-workers/friends/family? Are you practicing lawlessness? As this message convicted me, I pray it will convict you, brothers and sisters. :prayer:

Matthew 7:22-24

KellyLeigh

Legend
Aug 13, 2005
✟22,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This just makes me more confused. I suppose it is because I look WAY too much into everything and second guess myself all the time.

How do I know if Jesus knows me? I know that I know Jesus, I know that I pray to God daily, I know I talk about Him to others. But still, there is that doubt that I will get to that gate and God will be like "uhhh.... who is Kelly?? No I dont know her"

lol yes I am a worrywart about everything, so it's not surprising that I constantly worry about having reached salvation. :doh:

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Princess --- will you please read my posts on another thread (please click here)? I think what I said was written for you too. I will be honored if you tell me what you think.

John said "you can KNOW that you have eternal life" --- there is no reason for doubt. Scripture can remove all that worry in your heart, and replace it with His confidence and peace and joy.

:)

Upvote 0
G

GustheMule

SparklnQTPrncess said:
This just makes me more confused. I suppose it is because I look WAY too much into everything and second guess myself all the time.

How do I know if Jesus knows me? I know that I know Jesus, I know that I pray to God daily, I know I talk about Him to others. But still, there is that doubt that I will get to that gate and God will be like "uhhh.... who is Kelly?? No I dont know her"

lol yes I am a worrywart about everything, so it's not surprising that I constantly worry about having reached salvation. :doh:
Dear princess, I have had similar struggles to yours in the last two years. I went into full blown depression at one point. Even now I am not completely delivered. I still don't have a sense of the fulness of the Holy Spirit. However, let me point out a couple of things about Jesus Christ that will help you to trust him. My main advice is to tak e your eyes off yourself and put them on Jesus. This is how Martin Luther was finally delvered from his inner turmoil.

1. He is God. Just as true: God is Jesus. He's in charge. He's all knowing and all powerful. He knows your worries fears and hopes right now. He is able to deliver you right now. And He will eventually deliver you. Because that is his character. He is a real man who is still alive. He is a real God who is in charge of it all.

2. He is Love for those who repent and believe in Him. That means he loves you. He loves everyone who follows Him. He watched you post your post about being worried and was happy that you care so much about His disposition towards you. Trust Christ. No one who has ever hoped in Him and banked their life on Him has ever been turned aside.

My advice is do like Charles Spurgeon. Look at Jesus until your eyes fall out. Surely you can percieve a loving saviour who is the very essence of the heart of God. Look at the cross where he died.Remeber this: God is Jesus and him crucified. He knows you inside and out. He is too loving to drive you away. I encourage you to read Matthew 11:28-29 and know this: that's our God talking.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.