German far right picks EU lead candidate, wants European anti-migrant ‘fortress’

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Shoul we be nervous about the European Right-Wing growing in popularity. The "right" in the USA usually means "Republican" but what about the European "right?" Last century it went as far a "Nazism/Fascist-ism" What the article pointed out was the speed in which it took over. Now it seems they are trying to place a more extreme right leader of the EU hoping he/she will come from Germany.

From the article:
“We are now the most exciting right-wing party in all of Europe,” Krah said in his speech in Magdeburg. He argued that the AfD — which advocates anti-migration, climate change-denying, Russia-friendly and deeply Euroskeptic positions — would not “adapt” to less radical stances in order to attract more voters or form alliances, as other right-wing parties would allegedly do."

Can anyone strp us through this more radical stance coming from Germany? How reliable is "Politico?" Admittedly, I am not a big proponent of internet news coming from any side of the political spectrum. Also since childhood have have had a degree of paranoia concerning the return of extreme race and nationalist politics becoming mainstream again.

Is anyone willing to post about what the politics of Europe is really (I mean like actual reality and not entertainment or propaganda news) trending toward?

Link to the article I happened upon:

Any feedback would be helpful

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
In the European context, any political party that advocates strict immigration laws and is hostile toward the EU is called “far right” regardless of its position on any other issue.
I see, that would be similar to the government of the USA.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,595.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shoul we be nervous about the European Right-Wing growing in popularity. The "right" in the USA usually means "Republican" but what about the European "right?" Last century it went as far a "Nazism/Fascist-ism" What the article pointed out was the speed in which it took over. Now it seems they are trying to place a more extreme right leader of the EU hoping he/she will come from Germany.

From the article:
“We are now the most exciting right-wing party in all of Europe,” Krah said in his speech in Magdeburg. He argued that the AfD — which advocates anti-migration, climate change-denying, Russia-friendly and deeply Euroskeptic positions — would not “adapt” to less radical stances in order to attract more voters or form alliances, as other right-wing parties would allegedly do."

Can anyone strp us through this more radical stance coming from Germany? How reliable is "Politico?" Admittedly, I am not a big proponent of internet news coming from any side of the political spectrum. Also since childhood have have had a degree of paranoia concerning the return of extreme race and nationalist politics becoming mainstream again.

Is anyone willing to post about what the politics of Europe is really (I mean like actual reality and not entertainment or propaganda news) trending toward?

Link to the article I happened upon:

Any feedback would be helpful

The AFD is a collection of conspiracy nuts and people unhinged from the mainstream establishment. LGBTQ, Abortion and moral relativism are mainstream and there is a reaction to that. These people are disturbed out of the comfortable certainties of the political status quo by pandemics, war, mass immigration and inflation. Many things are changing too fast.

The far right is actually not that far to the right by American standards. It is opposed to the status quo on two main issues the EU and immigration. Both of these are actually good for Germany because it is a sterile society that does not have enough babies and because the outward European focus is a better political focus for Germans given their history.

The problem of the AFD is that it bleeds right-wing votes away from right-of-center parties like the CDU which are a better fit for the country. This allows the possibility of left-wing coalitions that are not that helpful to the German economy, irresponsible on national defense and morally relativistic.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,484.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Both of these are actually good for Germany because it is a sterile society that does not have enough babies
Its better to have babies than to bring in millions of foreign people who are culturally incompatible in hope they will work for you when you will be old.

Immigration from poorer, but still European countries, like from Ukraine for example, is one thing. A mass immigration from other continents with totally different cultural, religious and historical background, is another.

Poland is quite smart in this and I think they will become one of the most successful countries of the EU in a generation or two.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Both of these are actually good for Germany because it is a sterile society that does not have enough babies
Not enough German babies...

The problem of the AFD is that it bleeds right-wing votes away from right-of-center parties like the CDU which are a better fit for the country.
I don't see that there is any doubt that Adenauer would support the AfD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In the European context, any political party that advocates strict immigration laws and is hostile toward the EU is called “far right” regardless of its position on any other issue.
So it seems

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,595.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its better to have babies than to bring in millions of foreign people who are culturally incompatible in hope they will work for you when you will be old.

Immigration from poorer, but still European countries, like from Ukraine for example, is one thing. A mass immigration from other continents with totally different cultural, religious and historical background, is another.

Poland is quite smart in this and I think they will become one of the most successful countries of the EU in a generation or two.

The biggest source of immigrants right now in Germany is Ukraine and other Eastern European countries. It has been brown-skinned people from Africa and Muslim countries for most years this decade. I actually think people from poorer backgrounds are good for Germany, because they challenge the me-first sterility of comfortable German lifestyles and these people actually want families and because they force a conversation on religion which most Germans avoid like the plague. Freedom is nothing if it is not tested and refined in peaceful discussion with alternatives. Also the implicit racism in the view that people who do not look like us must be inferior needs to be overthrown.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,595.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not enough German babies...

I don't see that there is any doubt that Adenauer would support the AfD.
There is no doubt that Adenauer would have opposed the AFD. He took the federal republic into the EEC (EU) in the first place and he was the one who signed the German-Turkish recruitment agreement on October 30, 1961, which started the flow of Turks into the country and helped fuel the economic boom of the sixties.

But Adenauer, a Catholic family man who had eight children, would have been appalled at the selfishness of modern Germany regarding raising children.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,484.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The biggest source of immigrants right now in Germany is Ukraine and other Eastern European countries. It has been brown-skinned people from Africa and Muslim countries for most years this decade. I actually think people from poorer backgrounds are good for Germany, because they challenge the me-first sterility of comfortable German lifestyles and these people actually want families and because they force a conversation on religion which most Germans avoid like the plague. Freedom is nothing if it is not tested and refined in peaceful discussion with alternatives. Also the implicit racism in the view that people who do not look like us must be inferior needs to be overthrown.
Freedom is not nothing if not tested. Conversation on religion must not be forced. Racism "they do not look like us, therefore they are inferior" basically does not exist anywhere among adults, its always caused by something else.

The problem of individualism and with children can be solved by cancellation of state pension insurance. People, not state, need to take care of their own future, again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I doubt that AdF is going to gain much more ground. Being skeptical of the war in Ukraine doesn't seem to be in line with the European public at large, who now see the consequences of appeasing Putin first hand.

Upvote 0