JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then they need not be in school or in public. The idea that cameras aren’t everywhere is silly. Every kid in high school and probably middle school has a camera.

The point of the thread is that none of the kids is safe in this setting re: COVID.

But that is why the rule exists about school pictures being posted on social media.
Parental consent to pics.

And I agree with you that the kids in school aren't safe.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But that is why the rule exists about school pictures being posted on social media.

Had the kid not taken video, the danger to all would have been covered up. Can’t have everything.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Foster children are not usually in sports...
I didn't say they were in sports. Are you saying that foster kids aren't allowed to attend sporting events such as football games, basketball games, etc.?

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say they were in sports. Are you saying that foster kids aren't allowed to attend sporting events such as football games, basketball games, etc.?
Generally speaking "no"...but often they don't want to go either. Plus foster parents usually don't take them if they even wanted to go.

Just saying... you really need to get involved with the foster care system to understand why. They are in desperate need of big brothers and big sisters.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Generally speaking "no"...but often they don't want to go either. Plus foster parents usually don't take them if they even wanted to go.

Just saying... you really need to get involved with the foster care system to understand why. They are in desperate need of big brothers and big sisters.
I’ve worked with foster kids and they are kids. I’d like to see so-called Pro-life folks give half a flip about kids after they are born.

Foster kids are shuffled around a lot, which makes it hard to be involved in extracurricular activity.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve worked with foster kids and they are kids. I’d like to see so-called Pro-life folks give half a flip about kids after they are born.

Foster kids are shuffled around a lot, which makes it hard to be involved in extracurricular activity.
Not since the Brian A settlement...
They get a max of three homes unless adopted and then they get a fourth but the last one is permanent.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

We have two families in our town that have foster kids. One of them has been able to adopt one of theirs. The other family has four foster kids. They have had them since they were all pre-school age I think. Now they are all in school and they are in sports and do all the things most kids are allowed to do. Both of these families are Christian families. We've known this last couple since they were in school with our kids. They couldn't have kids of their own but they had a lot of love to give.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
LINK

At least two students say they have been suspended at North Paulding High School in Georgia for posting photos of crowded hallways that went viral on Twitter.

One of the teens who posted photos, 15-year-old Hannah Watters, told BuzzFeed News she received a five-day, out-of-school suspension for posting one photo and one video on Twitter.

Watters said she was pulled into the school's office around noon on Wednesday and was told she had violated the student code of conduct.

"The policies I broke stated that I used my phone in the hallway without permission, used my phone for social media, and posting pictures of minors without consent," she said.

On Wednesday, an intercom announcement at the school from principal Gabe Carmona said any student found criticizing the school on social media could face discipline.

5 day suspension for taking a picture of students (almost entirely from the back) at a school? Discipline for criticizing the school? This is baloney.

Great... Let's suspend more students until they're all safe at home.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Great... Let's suspend more students until they're all safe at home.

They have to die like everyone else.

Update, Aug. 7, 2020, at 11:35 a.m.: Hannah Watters tweeted Friday morning that the school had notified her that they had “deleted” her suspension.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Update, Aug. 7, 2020, at 11:35 a.m.: Hannah Watters tweeted Friday morning that the school had notified her that they had “deleted” her suspension.

I wonder if her parents deleted her attendance at the school... home school is looking better and better all the time.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That was after a replay review of the footage..

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Cobain.jpeg
Get ready for cases to rise in these communities.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

One might imagine that the district's lawyers had a long chat with school administrators about the whole "how not to get sued" thing.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Kids cannot post pictures of each other without asking everyone's parents first? Really?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What magical transformation happens to them when the leave school where allasudden parents consent evaporates?
A point of where parents are the ones responsible and the school is no longer responsible for the conduct of the children.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A point of where parents are the ones responsible and the school is no longer responsible for the conduct of the children.
But you said the issue for in school pics is parental consent. Why would that be the case if they arent responsible in that setting?

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you said the issue for in school pics is parental consent. Why would that be the case if they arent responsible in that setting?

Ok...so instead of teaching reading, writing, 'rithmatic, and history you now want them to handle the parental permissions for who is and who is not allowed to be photographed with cell phones and by whom and when and where and which pictures can be published on social media?

The lawyers simply won't allow this.
Cyber bullying is unfortunately a common thing...and cell phone cameras are in the middle of it all. So where the children in this school are actually allowed to possess a cell phone on school property (most don't) the children are forbidden to take pictures and post them on social media inside of school property.

• Informative
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0