✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MosNews

Georgian opposition Labor Party Leader Shalva Natelashvili claims the Hungarian-born U.S. billionaire George Soros is the real president of the country, while Mikhail Saakashvili is only an appointed governor, Interfax news agency reported . . .

. . .The statement against Georgia’s president was made by Natelashvili ahead of Soros’ visit to Tbilisi, which is due to take place before the end of May. He also said that Georgian Laborites have prepared a “surprise” for Soros . . .

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/05/24/sorosgeorgia.shtml

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I'm not sure how seriously one should take Natelashvili. Half of his oppostion to Saakashvili seems to be that Saakashvili is of Armenian descent, and that ergo Saakashvili must be trying, with his chornii breathern, to take over the world!! Mwahaha!

I'm not terribly fond of Saakashvili, but one ought at least attempt to make legitimate criticisms of his policies and actions. Instead it's all hyperbolic smokescreen with Natelashvili..."he's a front for Soros!" "He's trying to destroy Orthodoxy!" Blah blah blah.

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Hm. Upon re-reading my above post, I don't think I explained very well why Natelashvili's complaints about Soros are not credible. I will try to give the Georgian Politics in Five Second version of the story. In short, Natelashvili does not actually seem to object to foreign meddling in Georgian affairs. He is pleasantly disposed toward the Russian Federation and seems okay with their participation in Georgia. His complaint with Soros seems to be not that Soros is foreign, nor that he is skewing democracy with money, but that Soros is Jewish. There are plenty of good criticisms of Soros' participation in Soviet bloc politics. But Natelashvili does not make these, he complains about Jews and Armenian.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hamid Karzai is the "elected" leader of Afghanistan, but everybody there knows who owns Hamid Karzai!

(Hint: it's us.)

Of course, we could also say the same thing about... ...Texas.

Rick Perry is the "elected" governor of Texas, but everybody in Texas knows that Rick Perry is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tom DeLay!

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Georgia, the former Soviet republic, is now a “great example of a peaceful democracy” and its experience will “help transform the greater Middle East,” U.S. President George W. Bush was quoted by CNN as saying at a press conference after the talks with the President Mikhail Saakashvili in Tbilisi.

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/05/10/bushgeorgia.shtml

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
notto said:
Georgia, the former Soviet republic, is now a “great example of a peaceful democracy” and its experience will “help transform the greater Middle East,” U.S. President George W. Bush was quoted by CNN as saying at a press conference after the talks with the President Mikhail Saakashvili in Tbilisi.

Ha! I thought Condi was supposed to be an expert on eastern Europe? ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Voegelin said:
Natelashvili's comment is surely rhetorical.

Hee. I think you are perhaps not very familiar with Natelashvili. He's a loopy one...he could be speaking rhetorically. He could also believe that George Soros and the Illuminati Jews from the Center of the Earth are in charge of everything from Georgia's defence policy to the menus in the state hospitals (where they are, of course, using flouridation as a means of mind control). It's quite hard to tell with him.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who knows? I don't. Fact is a lot of people are sick of Soros' meddling. He's persona non grata in even peaceful Buddhist Thailand.

False flag operations (such as his funding of "Catholics for a Free Choice" in the USA) and disinformation are his stock in trade.

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Voegelin said:
Who knows? I don't. Fact is a lot of people are sick of Soros' meddling. He's persona non grata in even peaceful Buddhist Thailand.

Yes. But Natelashvili wants him to stop meddling because Soros is Jewish. He's never given any other reason. Just because you and Natelashvili have come to the same conclusion (i.e. Soros shouldn't meddle) doesn't make Natelashvili a reasonable person to defend your stance; his reasons aren't reasonable.

Upvote 0