Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
He certainly deserves that recognition. I'm glad for it. He was important to Georgia. Pleased he made it to the age of 86. Hope he's enjoying heaven.

Zell Miller eulogized by 3 ex-presidents

The motorcade carrying former Gov. and U.S. Sen. Zell Miller's flag-draped casket has arrived at the Georgia Capitol where he will lie in state until a state funeral Wednesday.

Republican and Democratic state lawmakers lined up in front of the Capitol to pay tribute as the casket arrived. Gov. Nathan Deal and his wife led the procession into the building as bagpipes played.

Miller was eulogized at an Atlanta church earlier Tuesday by three former presidents: Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton. All three counted Miller as a personal friend.

Miller served as governor from 1991 to 1999 and a U.S. senator from 2000 to 2005. He is an iconic figure in Georgia politics as author of the education lottery that finances HOPE college scholarships and pre-kindergarten programs in public schools.

He died Friday at his north Georgia home at the age of 86.

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RIP. I grew up during his reign as governor, and I was able to graduate from college debt free thanks to the HOPE scholarship. I also saw firsthand the benefits of the preschool program. The man was a visionary and a great help to the state; I'm so glad his reach is still ongoing.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
He certainly deserves that recognition. I'm glad for it. He was important to Georgia. Pleased he made it to the age of 86. Hope he's enjoying heaven.

Zell Miller eulogized by 3 ex-presidents
I worked in news media in Atlanta during his first term as Governor. My assignment was at the capitol, every day during that first legislative session. I learned a lot. I liked Zell, I didn't always agree with him but I think he tried to do what was good for the people of Georgia.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0