Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can some smart person here tell me the degree of the obtuse angle formed by the intersection of these two streets? I have a protractor somewhere here but can't find it.

ETA: I posted a screen shot from Google Maps, it disappeared won't let me post it again for some reason. Anyway, if anyone would be so kind as to copy and paste the below info into a maps site to see if they can answer my question, it would be very much appreciated. You will be rewarded with riches beyond your wildest dreams, or a Winner rating, one of the two. Thanks. :)

Fredericksburg Rd. & Crossroads Blvd., Balcones Heights, TX

Last edited:

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Using a compass on my cell phone, the smaller tighter angle is about 60 and the larger is about 120. Is this for a car accident investigation?
Are you sure? Just to my eyeball I would have thought the large one closer to 140. But I'd kind of like an exact number if possible.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Can some smart person here tell me the degree of the obtuse angle formed by the intersection of these two streets? I have a protractor somewhere here but can't find it.

ETA: I posted a screen shot from Google Maps, it disappeared won't let me post it again for some reason. Anyway, if anyone would be so kind as to copy and paste the below info into a maps site to see if they can answer my question, it would be very much appreciated. You will be rewarded with riches beyond your wildest dreams, or a Winner rating, one of the two. Thanks. :)

Fredericksburg Rd. & Crossroads Blvd., Balcones Heights, TX
57 degrees per google maps, based on straight lines on the road centerlines.

• Winner
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Here it is....

temp.png

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think the more important question, that must be on many minds, is, what's the Lunch Special at Garibaldi's Mexican Restaurant?
Yeah, I'm curious about that, too. Sounds like an Italian guy opened a Mexican joint?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chris V++

Associate Member
Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟667,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok if you don't want to tell my why you need to know the angle, i"m going to start making stuff up, like if you are in a situation where you are driving a city bus and the bus is rigged to explode if you drop below 50 MPH can you make that turn the bus onto Crossroads without tipping over or crossing the double yellow into oncoming traffic?

• Haha
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why do you need to know the angle?
I got a petty traffic ticket, and the only reason I was driving there at that time was because I was doing a good deed for someone, so it made me mad and I want to fight it. It was one of those camera-enforced tickets they* send in the mail for making a right turn on red without completely stopping. I mean, that's what I did, but that's not what the video/computer actually cited me for. The citation has language about "entering an intersection". My state law has a legal definition for what an intersection is, which includes that it's where "two roadways intersect at an approximately 90 degree angle." It uses the word "approximately", which is bad law writing because it shouldn't be that vague. The angle looked bigger to me than the accurate info you've given me, so I was considering arguing that that place is not an intersection. :) If that sounds like a weak point, it is. It's my weakest point, but I have three other stronger points. I just thought I'd throw everything but the kitchen sink at them. There are actual stakes involved, unlike arguing on CF. :)

* Interestingly, the "they" that tickets you with these video ticket schemes is a private company, not the police. I never knew that.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟667,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I got a petty traffic ticket, and the only reason I was driving there at that time was because I was doing a good deed for someone, so it made me mad and I want to fight it. It was one of those camera-enforced tickets they* send in the mail for making a right turn on red without completely stopping. I mean, that's what I did, but that's not what the video/computer actually cited me for. The citation has language about "entering an intersection". My state law has a legal definition for what an intersection is, which includes that it's where "two roadways intersect at an approximately 90 degree angle." It uses the word "approximately", which is bad law writing because it shouldn't be that vague. The angle looked bigger to me than the accurate info you've given me, so I was considering arguing that that place is not an intersection. :) If that sounds like a weak point, it is. It's my weakest point, but I have three other stronger points. I just thought I'd throw everything but the kitchen sink at them. There are actual stakes involved, unlike arguing on CF. :)

* Interestingly, the "they" that tickets you with these video ticket schemes is a private company, not the police. I never knew that.

If you just waive it and pay it can they ding your driving record since they don't actually know who was driving? I'm wondering if you fight it and lose in court they will add points on your license. If that 's the case then your insurance company will found out when they run your MVR (motor vehicle report) and potentially surcharge your police for 3 years. Something to consider before going before a judge.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you just waive it and pay it can they ding your driving record since they don't actually know who was driving? I'm wondering if you fight it and lose in court they will add points on your license. If that 's the case then your insurance company will found out when they run your MVR (motor vehicle report) and potentially surcharge your police for 3 years. Something to consider before going before a judge.
I've learned interesting stuff researching this. As I said, this is a private company doing this. It's not actually a legal citation. Whether I pay or don't pay, it won't affect my driving record or my insurance. If I completely ignore it, they won't put out an arrest warrant. What they threaten to do is, they may notify the county agency which registers my car each year, and they in turn might deny my next registration renewal. It's weird.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟667,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What a scam. How does a private company get that authority, and how do I get a franchise? Wonder how many perps do what you did every day? For the cost of a postage stamp they are billing, how much? I bet that Mexican restaurant is behind all of this. It sounds like a front for Italian traffic racketeering.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I see. Well good luck. Its an intersection tho. Just look at it.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I see there's a Whataburger near that intersection. I so miss Whataburger.
Right now for a limited time they're offering the Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strip sandwich. :yum:

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I see. Well good luck. Its an intersection tho. Just look at it.
According to the definition of geometry, yes of course. According to the legal definition here, it's arguable.

If I looked at that, and someone said "here we have an approximately 90 degree angle", I'd be thinking, "um, doesn't look like it to me".

What does approximate mean? When does it stop being approximate? When it's 92 degrees? 95? 99? 122? I'm sure the Greek philosopher Zeno must have addressed this somewhere.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 271681

I couldnt get the compass layer to rotate with my paupers version of Photoshop, but yeah 57 is probably right on.

Select the protractor layer, then press CTRL-T (I think it's Command T if you use a Mac). Then put your cursor just outside one of the corner handles and you should see it change to a double headed curved arrow. Click and drag and it should rotate.

• Informative
Upvote 0