Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dying because you have a weak immune system does not make you a victim of "genocide". Everyone, please stop saying that. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What does kill you, kills you.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I thought your link was going to take me to the Babylon Bee. I can't stand assertions made in the name of science that have nothing to do with the scientific method.

I am a little puzzled --- are you dissing the BB or the article I cited?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dying because you have a weak immune system does not make you a victim of "genocide". Everyone, please stop saying that. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What does kill you, kills you.

You are quite right that European diseases inadvertently introduced accounted for most of the 50 million plus deaths in a sort of passive genocide but the genocide was also active in the form of slavery and wholesale slaughter all in a mad scramble for wealth and power in lands that did not belong to them. But that is a side issue to the assertion in the scientific study that anthropogenic climate change is not just a recent issue.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
From the article:
"
The study, conducted by researchers at the University College London (UCL), found that the arrival of European settlers killed nearly 56 million indigenous people over the course of roughly 100 years, causing large areas of farmland to go abandoned and reforested.

The study said the new swath of vegetated land, which CNN reported was roughly the size of France at the time, caused a massive decrease in carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere."

I found this interesting, that a decrease in carbon in the atmosphere causes a cooling of the planet, while (today) an increase in carbon causes a warming in the planet.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I found this interesting, that a decrease in carbon in the atmosphere causes a cooling of the planed, while (today) an increase in carbon causes a warming in the planet

It is obvious that the two are linked.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is obvious that the two are linked.
Obviously! So by this assertion, if we have a large reduction in world population, we could experience another planetary cooling,possibly another ice age.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Obviously! So by this assertion, if we have a large reduction in world population, we could experience another planetary cooling,possibly another ice age.

That seems like a real possibility. A linked possibility is that if such a population reduction were carefully managed it might be possible to achieve a climate balance with a stable population.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

But, killing people because you want, or think you are owed their land is genocide.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
But, killing people because you want, or think you are owed their land is genocide.

There is also evidence of Europeans deliberately trying to introduce smallpox in an effort to get rid of unwanted tribes.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

I see what you did.

Increasing the (partial) pressure of a gas like CO2 can increase the temperature, but that ignores about 1000+ other potentials, circulations, and dynamic transformations that either absorb or exhaust the energy before it has time to build to a substantial amount.

The fact that climate change is man made is the lie; the change itself is a consequence of a change of an age. This has happened several times before.

Let's not forget during the alleged dark ages, Europe was the one without light. The rest of the world was "o.k.," and progressing. These changes occur because of spiritual reasons that are connected to the physical - like everything else.

But a cull of humans won't stop what is happening; however, looking through history they must have told people the same androgenic story concerning their LOCAL climate change, since during these times people went to war and had serious psychological paradigm shifts right before.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
There is also evidence of Europeans deliberately trying to introduce smallpox in an effort to get rid of unwanted tribes.

I'm glad academia got the funding to convince themselves (and others) of what most already knew.

Late, I suppose, is better than never.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Increasing the (partial) pressure of a gas like CO2 can increase the temperature, but that ignores about 1000+ other potentials, circulations, and dynamic transformations that either absorb or exhaust the energy before it has time to build to a substantial amount.
Right. If only we had scientific researchers who studied how this complex, interrelated climate system is reacting and will react to increased CO2. We could call them "climatologists", and they could tell us what's likely to happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I wonder if the genocide of the Black Death had any effect on the snow base on Everest?

Black death (plague) wasn't genocide, but plague usually loses most of its veracity under 10 degrees C.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Right. If only we had scientific researchers who studied how this complex, interrelated climate system is reacting and will react to increased CO2. We could call them "climatologists", and they could tell us what's likely to happen.

Oh please. The problem with academia (and, perhaps your post) is that one assumes the scientific method is the best and only method. Anything that doesn't fit the academic model is considered misguided at best.

Why would I (if I knew the "secrets") tell you anything by the tone of your post? Academia is for whomever needs it to explain the world around them. Some people don't need academics to tell them about the world in which they live. Some people are academics that subscribe to something else.

The folly of academia lies in the people that trust in it as their master - with or without knowing it. We have discussed academia before; when there is an empass, you focus on the psychology instead of the academics if someone disagrees with you. That gets really tired and boring; extrapolate that attitude over the world, and it should be clear why the world is so lost despite the funding for academia. Moreover, the secrets that academia has barely realized are never given to the world because you can't fill a full cup.

• Agree
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I hope we don't see climate change induced genocide, due to scarce water or food in some area.

How strong is your hope? You know what happens next, I would say.

And, we know the order in which the undesirables will be culled should it get too environmentally extreme.

Upvote 0