North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by themeecer
I am glad scientists didn't believe that in years past.  What if scientists held to the belief that if we traveled over 30 mph that we would die.  What if they had held to the belief that to cure ailments a person should have copious amounts of blood drained from their body.  There are numerous situations that had scientists came to the conclusion that it is true because our ancestral scientists believed it was true, we would be in a world of hurt.

Huh? what are you talking about. You have to have evidence for something before the scientific community will acept something.

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
We have seen stars die but we have never seen them born.  According to evolutionist scientists Homo sapiens haven't been on Earth long enough to watch the process of a star being born.  Then how could one mortal individual say he has observed a star being born?

I will try to find the pic but I think that nasa has seen stars being born.

here it is well one of them.

http://oposite.stsci.edu/pubinfo/pr/1994/40.html

Here is another pic http://oposite.stsci.edu/pubinfo/pr/1999/42/index.html

Upvote 0
Originally posted by seesaw
Go back and read the link from nasa about the age of stars.

All the ancient astronomers from 2000 years ago recorded that Sirius was a red star—today it is a white dwarf star. Since today’s textbooks in astronomy state that one hundred thousand years are required for a star to "evolve" from a red giant to a white dwarf, obviously this view needs to be restudied.

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
All the ancient astronomers from 2000 years ago recorded that Sirius was a red star—today it is a white dwarf star. Since today’s textbooks in astronomy state that one hundred thousand years are required for a star to "evolve" from a red giant to a white dwarf, obviously this view needs to be restudied.

LOl it's funny that you don't believe nasa's dating methods.

And where did you get your info for the red star now being a red dwarf star.

Upvote 0
I will try to find the pic but I think that nasa has seen stars being born.

here it is well one of them.

http://oposite.stsci.edu/pubinfo/pr/1994/40.html

Here is another pic http://oposite.stsci.edu/pubinfo/pr/1999/42/index.html

Hehe ... this is a picture of a star.. a freeze frame picture .. a stoppage of time, if you will.  In order for us to observe a star being born we have to be there before it is born and then after it is born.  I can't go into a delivery room and see the baby in the mother's arms and say I saw a child being born .. I would have to see the whole process.  Well according to proponents of the religion of evolution it takes many many more years than the 70 we have allotted on this Earth for a star to be born.  It is impossible for us to watch a star be born.

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Hehe ... this is a picture of a star.. a freeze frame picture .. a stoppage of time, if you will.  In order for us to observe a star being born we have to be there before it is born and then after it is born.  I can't go into a delivery room and see the baby in the mother's arms and say I saw a child being born .. I would have to see the whole process.  Well according to proponents of the religion of evolution it takes many many more years than the 70 we have allotted on this Earth for a star to be born.  It is impossible for us to watch a star be born.

Heh you do know when we use hubble to look we are seeing into the past so we are really seeing the birth of a star.

Upvote 0
LOl it's funny that you don't believe nasa's dating methods.

And where did you get your info for the red star now being a red dwarf star.

I find it funny that you believe that all the matter in the universe existed in the space smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.  Then for no reason at all this little dot started to spin.  Then for no reason at all this dot decided to explode.  Then in .000000000000000000000000000000001 (I think that is 32 zeros) of a second the dot expanded to the current size of the universe.  I find that down right hilarious.

Where did I get my info?  Well, I know how to read.  I got it from books.

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I find it funny that you believe that all the matter in the universe existed in the space smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.  Then for no reason at all this little dot started to spin.  Then for no reason at all this dot decided to explode.  Then in .000000000000000000000000000000001 (I think that is 32 zeros) of a second the dot expanded to the current size of the universe.  I find that down wight hilarious.

Where did I get my info?  Well, I know how to read.  I got it from books.

Oh well some people will never believe anything unless it has a god next to it in some way. No disrespect at all.

opps never mind the last part I got off track. it's getting late.

Upvote 0
Heh you do know when we use hubble to look we are seeing into the past so we are really seeing the birth of a star.

That would be true if God hadn't created the light before the stars.  The reason scientists say that those are images from the past is that it would take millions of years for the light to get here from the star.  But God created the light before the stars.  We had the light from the stars and the sun prior to the making of the stars.

Even if this was images from millions of years ago, we still can not observe the birth of a star.  We would have to start watching now and our great, great, great, great, great..... (You get the idea) grandchildren would have to travel back in time and tell us they saw the end of the birth.

Upvote 0
Oh well some people will never believe anything unless it has a god next to it in some way. No disrespect at all.

Well dang it .. go to bed so I can!!!!   Hehe

Deal?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

And I still love ya man.  :)

Hey .... if you want some entertainment.  (Even if you want to make fun of us creationists)  Go to www.drdino.com and check out their online seminar sessions.  I am not saying I agree with 100% of what he has on there, but I think you may enjoy it.

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
That would be true if God hadn't created the light before the stars.  The reason scientists say that those are images from the past is that it would take millions of years for the light to get here from the star.  But God created the light before the stars.  We had the light from the stars and the sun prior to the making of the stars.

Even if this was images from millions of years ago, we still can not observe the birth of a star.  We would have to start watching now and our great, great, great, great, great..... (You get the idea) grandchildren would have to travel back in time and tell us they saw the end of the birth.

Whatever I am tired of this nonsence I am stopping right now the fact is that there is people that make this there life work and they find evidence and facts backing everything and then there is people that say well the bible say something so it's wrong.

Oh well I am out I might not even come back to this science forum. I will goto a real science forum. No offense to anyone here it is just getting boring hearing the same thing over and over.

Really no disrespect to anyone I just don't feel like hearing the same thing anymore.

p.s. I probably will come back. lol

Upvote 0
Oh well I am out I might not even come back to this science forum. I will goto a real science forum. No offense to anyone here it is just getting boring hearing the same thing over and over.

p.s. I probably will come back. lol

Ahh .. you know you will be back.  You won't be able to stay away.  G'night friend. :wave:

Upvote 0
You have many interesting ideas but one Iwould question is about the evolution of ideas in science. YOU mentioned the dangerous ideas and ridiculous that man went through but they have always eventually moved forward. The bible especially to fundementalists has remaind static. I would prefer to move forward

Upvote 0
Originally posted by sulphur
You have many interesting ideas but one Iwould question is about the evolution of ideas in science. YOU mentioned the dangerous ideas and ridiculous that man went through but they have always eventually moved forward. The bible especially to fundementalists has remaind static. I would prefer to move forward

Well the truth will remain to be static.  If the truth is the truth it will remain so forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
the fact is that there is people that make this there life work and they find evidence and facts backing everything and then there is people that say well the bible say something so it's wrong.

Be patient, this is not mcdonalds, there is not always going to be instant gratification.

Actually, I was going to come on here and say the same thing. To many people showed up, but when it comes to getting the job done it is a no kwan do.

Nothing personal, but I see people come and go who have a thousand and one smoke screens all to cover up the fact that they can not get the job done. Not the least of which those who can not get the job done are the quickest to attack those who are working to get the job done.

Oh well, there always has been those who plunder and those who produce.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by sulphur
The bible especially to fundementalists has remaind static. I would prefer to move forward

That is a problem today. To many people think that those who give us scripture are so great that we could never accomplish what they accomplished. When actually we are to take up where they left off and we are to go beyond them.

Today is our day, and this is our time, and we need to carry on the work that they began.

Everyone is going to have to give an account, and when that day comes for to many people they are going to find that there excuses do not hold up and their fig leaf religion does not work. Their glass alibi's are going to shatter into a 1000 peices.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You have to have evidence for something before the scientific community will acept something.

Even with evidence the "scientific community" can be a little slow to catch on. The guy who came up with the idea that doctors had to wash their hands so they did not spread disease from one patient to another lost his job for being a trouble maker. Even though there was lots of evidence that his position was true.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How do you know jesus was god just cause he said so, and if he came once why doesn't he come all the time.

Why should He come again, it is a whole lot better where He is at, compared to where we are. He got His job done, now it is up to you and me to get our job done, so we can go onto our reward.

To many people now a days want a pay check, without doing the work that needs to be done, in order to earn a pay check.

Upvote 0