Genesis 1 Again

J

Jazer

if you believe that the original languages are to be valued above an English translation, it is your duty, as an obedient child of God, to learn those languages so that you may read God's word.
You are right, there is no question we should read the Bible in the origional language. That is why I use the Strongs Bible. I click on the words to study them in the Hebrew. Also I look up every passage that uses the word I am doing a study on, to see the context. I am very much into expository theology and have been for a long time. This is not so much an issue with the Greek because the Greek is so close to the English. At one time I use to go by the name ExpoTheo.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why? Will my answer somehow negate the fact that in this thread alone there are three separate answers by three different creationists?
Not at all.

Nothing you say, show or prove will change my beliefs one iota.

My beliefs are based on faith in creatio ex nihilo; which means that I believe it, even if science says otherwise.

Upvote 0

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But the morality is way better, whereas the scientific method is null and void.
Nobody gets life in prison for praying. In theory anyway.

Non-sequitur. Getting morals from science is a bit like asking a rock for spare change.

I am atheist, so I consider my morals to be higher than those of ancient mythical texts, however.

Nobody might get life in prison for praying, but you might get beheaded for not praying to the right god.

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

If God wanted us to value the originals above any other form of the Bible, why did He allow them to disappear into the dust of history?
All we can do is go by the "original" that we had in the early 1500's. We have the dead sea scrolls to verify that what we have is accurate. Bibles tend to get read and they tend to wear out. I mostly read on the internet now. So I do not have to always be spending money to buy new Bibles. Most likely the dead sea scrolls were old Bibles that were just to wore out to read anymore. Better to retire a Bible then to have the Bible start to fall apart in your hands.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is why I use the Strongs Bible.
I won't tell you what I did to a Strong's Concordance that was given to me.

Let's just say I don't have it anymore and let it go at that.

I even took a knife to the Zodhiates' bible.

James Strong, author of the Strong’s Concordance, has been elevated to the fourth member of the Trinity by many. His corrupt Greek and Hebrew definitions pepper today’s preaching, as if his Concordance was the final and 67th book of the Bible. His liberal definitions are used as quick and weak patches to fill a void in sermons. The space would better be filled by a laborious looking up of all the Bible’s usages of a word.” G. A. Riplinger
SOURCE

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your 'very simple' question implies a demand for a 'very simple' answer.

Perhaps you need to work on your question.
Sorry you can't come up with one.

If you're an evolutionist, like you'd probably like me to think you are, you should at least have 1 idea out of 6.

The more I converse with you guys, the weaker you guys come across to me as being some kind of strong evolutionist.

I personally think most of you guys are evolutionist in name only.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Not at all.

Nothing you say, show or prove will change my beliefs one iota.

My beliefs are based on faith in creatio ex nihilo; which means that I believe it, even if science says otherwise.

I didn't figure it would change your beliefs. You have admitted that if Jesus came down and told you something different you would believe him the devil in disguise. No AV, I was simply showing that your claim of all the different creationist agreeing on how we got our moon is rather easily shown to be incorrect.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No AV, I was simply showing that your claim of all the different creationist agreeing on how we got our moon is rather easily shown to be incorrect.
At least they have one.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you can't come up with one.

If you're an evolutionist, like you'd probably like me to think you are, you should at least have 1 idea out of 6.

The more I converse with you guys, the weaker you guys come across to me as being some kind of strong evolutionist.

I personally think most of you guys are evolutionist in name only.

Really. Why must an "evolutionist" have an opinion on a cosmological question? Would a Taoist have an opinion on the trinity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Really. Why must an "evolutionist" have an opinion on a cosmological question? Would a Taoist have an opinion on the trinity?
WOW -- QED

Can you name six types of evolution?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
WOW -- QED

Can you name six types of evolution?

Off the top of my head? No. I'm only aware of three. Divergent, convergent, and parallel.

Can you name six things that everyone who claims to be christian agrees upon?

Upvote 0