Generational Curses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit teaches us what we need to do to be wholly submitted to God if we remain open and teachable. gg

Hi GG, we use this statement in a way that we only have to do "one thing", now please read James James 4:7-10.

Remember that God resists the proud, but gives grace to the "humble".

Also besides submitting to our Lord Jesus Christ, we have to draw near to HIM, we also need to resist Satan and his forces, we also need to keep cleansing our hands and purifying our hearts; and when we humble ourselves before HIM, then and ONLY then will HE lift us up.

Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Those things are implied in my statement I didn't realize I had to specifically name each and every way wer draw near and submit to God. Howerver I think the operative term there is "teachable". We are open to what the Holy spirit is teaching us in any given moment. We may even be somewhere other than the book of James. :) gg

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Those things are implied in my statement I didn't realize I had to specifically name each and every way wer draw near and submit to God. Howerver I think the operative term there is "teachable". We are open to what the Holy spirit is teaching us in any given moment. We may even be somewhere other than the book of James. :) gg

Hi Gg,

I've found James to be more in touch with spiritual reality, and is very challenging and confronting in regards to our walk.

Many use the words "submit or Lord Jesus Christ" like giving out lollies, when in fact there is a lot of hard work to get to those positions and understandings that are in the Book of James.

The other point I was trying to make, that many struggling believers get on the merry-go-round as good intentional believers speak those words "just submit to HIM", as if it's a magical word, and all is hunky-dory. When in fact those believers are in bondage, and they continually call out to HIM, but they are being devoured all the time by the "roaring lion".

But, when we draw near to HIM and resist Satan and his forces through their temptations, and cleanse our hand and purify our hearts of sin through confession, repentance, and forgiveness, then when all that is done we are really submitting to HIM, and our house is filled, cleansed, walking in obedience.

Blessings!:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well of course I agree 100% with the above statements I just don't think that worrying about generational curses is one of the things James listed and I still do not accept the fact that when we (as you have shown that James states) that we are in any position to be under a curese of any kind. Yes there is work to be done as a christian. It is called walking in the Spirit. When you say we must not tell new Chrisitians just to submit to God like it is some kind of magic formula, I feel telling them they are under generational curses has much of the same effect. Tell them who they are in Christ what God has accomplished for them. They don't have to pray to be free THEY ARE ALREADY FREE. The word tells us to walk in freedom not pray for freedom from your ancestors curse so you can REALLY be free.

Rom 6:4Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 6:5For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be [in the likeness] of [His] resurrection,

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 6:6knowing this, that our old man was crucified with [Him], that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Rom 6:7For he who has died has been freed from sin.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 6:8Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,

Rom 6:9knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.

Rom 6:10For [the death] that He died, He died to sin once for all; but [the life] that He lives, He lives to God.

Rom 6:11Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 6:12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. (this kind of sounds like an order to me, we have the power to accomplish this it is done by the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit.)

Rom 6:13And do not present your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness to God.
Rom 6:14For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Paul goes on to say in Romans 12 one that we are to present ourselves to God as a living sacrifice Holy and Acceptable to Him

Rom 12:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

ELSHADDAI

Aug 18, 2004
DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA
✟200.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I gotta agree with B on this one. They have no power over believers.

the christian shoud look at denons as undesirable trespassers, the devil has not legal right over a christian, as we are bought by the blood of jesus, however it is up to the christian to defend his rights, james 4v7 says if we resist the devil he has to flee. some christians do not want to get rid of the demons, this may seem unreasonable, and this due to them feeling embarrassed in the fact that they may have them.

satan uses tactics against us, in our emotions, and physical bodies. we need to put on the armour daily as per the word of God in order to walk in freedom, demons can enter in many ways

through sin
life circumstances and lastly
through inheritance.

the old testament talks clearly about generational curses that are passed down, we as christians need to break them off us and our children and their children to bring the passing down of the curses to an end.

there is a very severe curse on a illigimate child, where it says they cannot enter a church , Deut 23.2 for 7 generations. but this can be broken off through the blood of the Lamb:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ElShaddai not all of us agree that the Old Testament scriptures concerning generational curses applies to the Born again spirit filled believer. We are free in Christ through His blood bought sacrifice. However I agree that we resist the devil's influence In our lives by staying totally connected as a branch to the vine. (John 15) I also agree that we need to read and appropriate God's word daily about resisting the devil in our lives and applying the armor of God as Paul describes in Ephesians. I think this is separate from any generational curse theology which I find no where in the New Testament and is simply part and parcel with walking in the Spirit.

Rom 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the christian shoud look at denons as undesirable trespassers, the devil has not legal right over a christian, as we are bought by the blood of jesus, however it is up to the christian to defend his rights, james 4v7 says if we resist the devil he has to flee. some christians do not want to get rid of the demons, this may seem unreasonable, and this due to them feeling embarrassed in the fact that they may have them.

satan uses tactics against us, in our emotions, and physical bodies. we need to put on the armour daily as per the word of God in order to walk in freedom, demons can enter in many ways

through sin
life circumstances and lastly
through inheritance.

the old testament talks clearly about generational curses that are passed down, we as christians need to break them off us and our children and their children to bring the passing down of the curses to an end.

there is a very severe curse on a illigimate child, where it says they cannot enter a church , Deut 23.2 for 7 generations. but this can be broken off through the blood of the Lamb:amen:

Such a post last year would have terrified me but I know different now When Christ died on the Cross all curses against us were broken Alleuia and we just need to appropriate this truth in our lives.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ElShaddai not all of us agree that the Old Testament scriptures concerning generational curses applies to the Born again spirit filled believer. We are free in Christ through His blood bought sacrifice. However I agree that we resist the devil's influence In our lives by staying totally connected as a branch to the vine. (John 15) I also agree that we need to read and appropriate God's word daily about resisting the devil in our lives and applying the armor of God as Paul describes in Ephesians. I think this is separate from any generational curse theology which I find no where in the New Testament and is simply part and parcel with walking in the Spirit.

Rom 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

I agree with this:amen:

Reactions: gratefulgrace
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That Old Testament judgement of punishing a child for their parents' sins was removed by God.

Both Jeremiah and Ezekiel prophesy a new covenant to come, where each individual is responsible for his own sin and not his father's sin.

That covenant has come in Christ, it is for us, now.

Jeremiah 31
29 In those days people will no longer say, 'The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge.'

30Instead, everyone will die for his own sin; whoever eats sour grapes— his own teeth will be set on edge.

Ezekiel 18

1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel:
'The fathers eat sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge'?

3As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel.

4 For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son— both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Where do these verses leave room for anyone to refer back to the Penteteuch to re-impose those judgements on us?

Reactions: gratefulgrace
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.