Los Angeles Area
✟829,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
they simply have to have moral standards. it's not hard.

No society on earth has managed to achieve that uniformly. So I think we'll have to leave your unworkable solution behind and rely on other means.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No society on earth has managed to achieve that uniformly. So I think we'll have to leave your unworkable solution behind and rely on other means.

nonsense. my way is completely doable and far less evil than forcing a bigger burden on a multitude of innocent people.

i'm not a fan of making governments to be the moral agents because that means morality is replaced with authority and might makes right. when you are always scared into doing or not doing things you might never develop a real moral compass. that is why things like nazi germany and communist china and russia happen... too many evil people who never develop a proper moral compass. it's easy to control people who don't think for themselves and who have a heart of stone.

not everyone has to conform and that is good because then we can see the terrible people for what they are. many would change if only due to looking bad in other peoples eyes

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
not everyone has to conform and that is good because then we can see the terrible people for what they are.

That's the problem we are trying to fix. Glad you agree that your solution doesn't work.

Upvote 0