Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Thanks, I removed the link, I didn't think about the video when I posted it. :doh:

Not even the video. The way the words are dashed out would be considered a violation. :puff:

He certainly didn't handle himself professionally, but I agree with those who suggest that these customers were not singled out for their religion, but for particular political beliefs for which they are notorious in the area. Political beliefs are not a protected class.

By that same logic, people who think gay marriage shouldn't be legal should be scott free too?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
By that same logic, people who think gay marriage shouldn't be legal should be scott free too?

That really doesn't follow. The customers in the OP are not protected (I deem, courts may disagree) because they are being discriminated against because of their political stance, which is not a protected class. That doesn't mean that the vendor in your suggested case is somehow protected because of their political stance on gay marriage. Reversing the polarity twice doesn't make it the same situation at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I saw the video. The clincher is when he screamed at the patrons what he would do to Jesus Christ's body parts.

He cursed himself and his business.

His reviews are abominable, and it seems he has stopped answering his business phone.

I saw the video as well. Very graphic, disturbing language from the coffee shop owner! :eek:

I should have said this sooner. Although I may bicker about how people are angling this politically, what he said was reprehensible and inexcusable. Anyone who boycotts his place for being that offensive is absolutely justified.

Upvote 0

Gerlinde24

Oct 7, 2017
Reinickendorf
✟1,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
The rainbow in the pamphlet is meant to represent its original meaning before it was hijacked by the homosexual community. God chose not to abort all of mankind with the Flood, yet mankind chooses to abort unborn babies by the millions each year. I don't see where this pamphlet even mentions homosexuality specifically. This pamphlet does call out the typical leftist and their constant "plight" against issues like the mythical "gender pay gap", BLM, and fascist anti-fascist movement going on. These Christians probably picked this spot because they knew they could hit up a lot of ill-informed leftists all at once, while they order their $18 coffees in the morning.

The rainbow flag partly has different colors than the natural rainbow, because the colors of the flag stand for certain things. The rainbow flag and the rainbow are two different things.
Regarding abortion:
My mother wanted to drive my sister and me. My sister was the result of a rape, and my father never supported my mother, so she was overwhelmed (he wanted abortion).
She did not abort us because the then German law prohibited abortions. Today I sometimes think it would have been better for us, she'd have driven us off!
Why?
Because of the lack of love, sexual abuse and the violence of her future husband, we had to suffer a lot. A suffering that determined our whole life.
Today, I think that women alone should decide whether they are capable and able to get a child, feed and educate them. For men usually keep out of the relationship with a child, demand selfishly a pregnancy break, or that the mother neglects her children in his favor.

That was pure evil from his heart behind his words. Especially what he said about Jesus Christ!

When one is angry, one often says in anger things that one regrets with a cool head.
On the other hand, I understand his reaction to these Christians as a provocation to anger the Christians.
I've learned a lot about the discrepancy of transsexual and homosexual people, especially fundamentalist Christians, Jews and Muslims, since my ex-husband outed himself as a transsexual. And that is why I can understand his anger, even if I do not agree with his reaction.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That really doesn't follow. The customers in the OP are not protected (I deem, courts may disagree) because they are being discriminated against because of their political stance, which is not a protected class. That doesn't mean that the vendor in your suggested case is somehow protected because of their political stance on gay marriage. Reversing the polarity twice doesn't make it the same situation at all.

Both groups are political positions influenced in the same manner via religion. It really is the same situation. I don't care for the group in question, nor do a lot of conservative Christian people I listen to. In my opinion, it should be legal for the guy to kick them out, just as it is the baker's right to refuse to bake someone a cake. However, if we're going to restrict this right to refuse service, it needs to be applied equally. Otherwise, you are creating a protected class and an unprotected class of citizenry. This is not Animal Farm, and we don't follow the idea that everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.

Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rainbow flag partly has different colors than the natural rainbow, because the colors of the flag stand for certain things. The rainbow flag and the rainbow are two different things.
Regarding abortion:
My mother wanted to drive my sister and me. My sister was the result of a rape, and my father never supported my mother, so she was overwhelmed (he wanted abortion).
She did not abort us because the then German law prohibited abortions. Today I sometimes think it would have been better for us, she'd have driven us off!
Why?
Because of the lack of love, sexual abuse and the violence of her future husband, we had to suffer a lot. A suffering that determined our whole life.
Today, I think that women alone should decide whether they are capable and able to get a child, feed and educate them. For men usually keep out of the relationship with a child, demand selfishly a pregnancy break, or that the mother neglects her children in his favor.

When one is angry, one often says in anger things that one regrets with a cool head.
On the other hand, I understand his reaction to these Christians as a provocation to anger the Christians.
I've learned a lot about the discrepancy of transsexual and homosexual people, especially fundamentalist Christians, Jews and Muslims, since my ex-husband outed himself as a transsexual. And that is why I can understand his anger, even if I do not agree with his reaction.

God knew you before you were born. No one has the right to take a life except Him alone, regardless of what man's law says.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He won't sell any product to, what, two or three specific people. Some Christian bakers won't sell wedding cakes to any homosexuals. Big difference.
Is it? If he refuses service based on their beliefs?

IMO he has every right to deny service to anyone for his own reasons.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Both groups are political positions influenced in the same manner via religion. It really is the same situation.

No, it isn't. The cake-bakers are the public accommodation. The flier distributors are the customers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Is it? If he refuses service based on their beliefs?
If it was over their religious beliefs, no. I don't see a reason to think it was for anything more than the offensiveness of their flier though. I don't think it's about belief, it's about actions. It's not as though he has stated that his shop has a policy against serving a group based on any sort of criteria. We have a video of him screaming about "Is this your flier?" and then going on a tirade. And that flier was pretty disgusting. Like I said to someone else already, it would be like refusing service to someone who was just outside screaming profanities on the sidewalk.
IMO he has every right to deny service to anyone for his own reasons.
Getting rid of anti discrimination laws is a whole other can of worms I'm not going to get into here.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Passing out those banners at a business would get them thrown out of most businesses. Choosing this particular coffee shop was sending a message as well as the place to send out these flyers. They have a legal right to ban them for being disruptive or refuse them service.

• Agree
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Passing out those banners at a business would get them thrown out of most businesses. Choosing this particular coffee shop was sending a message as well as the place to send out these flyers. They have a legal right to ban them for being disruptive or refuse them service.

The group that was thrown out of the coffee shop were not doing anything of the sort in the coffee shop. They had left their fliers outside, gone inside, ordered coffee, taken the coffee upstairs, and were sitting quietly, drinking the product, as patrons, in the chairs provided for patrons. The barista, then the owner, after selling them the product, and after they had seated themselves, came raging into where they were seated. Expletives were screamed by the owner at the patrons, including the owner screaming what he would do to Jesus Christ's body part.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
imo if you reject your customers you already suffer and pay the price. the market can solve some problems without the need to make yet more restrictive, oppressive and nonsensical laws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
imo if you reject your customers you already suffer and pay the price. the market can solve some problems without the need to make yet more restrictive, oppressive and nonsensical laws.

We decided some time ago that, in certain situations, the lack of those laws was more oppressive.

0909001r.jpg

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We decided some time ago that, in certain situations, the lack of those laws was more oppressive.

0909001r.jpg

meh, a better solution would be to solve the heart of the issue rather than to attempt to cover peoples evils over with a multitude of laws.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why is it "funny" GeorgeJ? It is the truth, pure and simple!

I really don't get the whole "try to control what people say" thing. it's very oppressive in 99% of the cases. get rid of free speech and then you get rid of dialogue which means that you have less ability to learn and grow and think and that has to be replaced by something... which will probably be something like attempting to dominate and control others with violence of one form or another.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
meh, a better solution would be to solve the heart of the issue rather than to attempt to cover peoples evils over with a multitude of laws.

Let's hear your solution.

Upvote 0