Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, but legs also need to keep warm.

I'm quite surprised at the negative attitude to tights. I think they are the greatest invention - easy, comfortable, slimming, warm. I started adolescent life with stockings and suspenders, and believe me, once I tried tights I never looked back. (And I agree - stay-ons cannot be trusted to stay on. They are OK for an evening when you want to be seductive and no dancing is involved - otherwise, forget them)

Besides, this is a Catholic forum and you American Catholic girls are soo darned modest with your clothing that you won't even sleeveless dresses in summer, so surely you cannot consider sexiness as a factor... and if you don't, WHAT can anyone possibly say in favour of stockings over tights?

Oh, yes, the savings factor. Get a run on one leg, you have to throw out both. Does anyone else use my trick? Just cut off the ruined leg with scissors, wait until you get a run in another (identical) pair of tights, and wear the two halves one over the other. Nice tummy-slimming effect too!

Upvote 0

faerieevaH

lucky wife
Dec 27, 2003
USA
✟28,950.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, Nomad, but here I have to differ with you!!
I prefer stockings and garterbelts as well. For some reason they just seem to fit better. My legs are not that long, and if I want tights to fit over my hips, they bag on my legs. I need to invest in a few good pairs of stockings again. I'm all out.

BTW, yes there are pregnancy tights. I bought a pair and was very happy with them.

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Agreed! Here's one of a chipmunk:

Chipmunk-Cheeks.jpg

Heyyyyy... SHE'S(?) CUTE!!

I have a thing for chubby cheeks(face cheeks that is).

Upvote 0

MissBabylon

hetaere
Nov 22, 2007
Rome
✟15,938.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Personally I don't wear any clothes when I'm working, or sometimes just the garter belt. Oh and boots. And a red ribbon in my hair.

But my good friend Rebekka, the prude, wears tights because she gets cold very easily. She does wear stockings and garter sometimes, but not outside the bedroom. She doesn't find them warm enough - and if it is warm enough for stockings, she doesn't wear anything on her legs.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
FaerieevaH
okay... this is what I don't get. What's the difference between garters and stockings and say... my socks?
oh I am a 22 year old male
socks, stockings, garters, as long a they have a girl attached to them I do not care... yea I get a little too worked up sometimes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BabyLutheran

God Chose Me
Dec 3, 2005
Virginia Beach
✟10,238.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
okay... this is what I don't get. What's the difference between garters and stockings and say... my socks?
For some reason, guys have a thing for girls in stockings. An example: think of the halloween costume for women that is an old fashioned Catholic school uniform, except the plaid skirt is very short, and you wear stockings with it.

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have never tried the garter and stocking thing, but with exception of warmth I HATE tights. They are uncomfortable, and I feel like I stuffed sausage even when going up sizes. So far those that wear garter belts and stockings where do you get them? What brand do you prefer? Do they provide the same amount of warmth as tights.

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, but legs also need to keep warm.

I'm quite surprised at the negative attitude to tights. I think they are the greatest invention - easy, comfortable, slimming, warm. I started adolescent life with stockings and suspenders, and believe me, once I tried tights I never looked back. (And I agree - stay-ons cannot be trusted to stay on. They are OK for an evening when you want to be seductive and no dancing is involved - otherwise, forget them)

Besides, this is a Catholic forum and you American Catholic girls are soo darned modest with your clothing that you won't even sleeveless dresses in summer, so surely you cannot consider sexiness as a factor... and if you don't, WHAT can anyone possibly say in favour of stockings over tights?

Oh, yes, the savings factor. Get a run on one leg, you have to throw out both. Does anyone else use my trick? Just cut off the ruined leg with scissors, wait until you get a run in another (identical) pair of tights, and wear the two halves one over the other. Nice tummy-slimming effect too!
No this wasn't meant to mean which is sexier, but I don't have a problem with women taking it there if they want to. For me it's about being able to wear skirts in winter, stay warm, and be comfortable as possible. Plus, the which is a sexier question is a no brainer for me. I've seen myself in just tights it's not attractive.

Upvote 0
S

_Shannon_

I have never tried the garter and stocking thing, but with exception of warmth I HATE tights. They are uncomfortable, and I feel like I stuffed sausage even when going up sizes. So far those that wear garter belts and stockings where do you get them? What brand do you prefer? Do they provide the same amount of warmth as tights.
LOL! I'll buy tights and cut them at the top of the thigh :) I'm sooo not classy....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.