Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Coup definition: a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

Does this mean Trump supporters are now in power?
Failed Attempt definition: A losing effort. Does this mean Trump supporters should be prosecuted?

Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Uh huh. A horrible past which makes for a horrible present. Let's all be ashamed of who we are. Maybe even emigrate to Iran and chant, "Death to America!"

Own it all you want. I'm not interested in taking the credit or the blame for what people here did 100 years before my ancestors ever stepped foot in America.

Keep that one in mind.

Off course you are not interested to admit past mistake, because if you admit that then you can’t support current republican politician who wants to continue same systemic racism in today.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Coup definition: a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

Does this mean Trump supporters are now in power?

They seized the power (suddenly, violently, and illegally, fulfilling all three of your dictionary's requirements) to stop the government from counting the electoral ballots -- for about six hours.

Fortunately for our democracy, they lacked the manpower, firepower, and brainpower to hold on to what they had seized.

• Agree
Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟655,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Off course you are not interested to admit past mistake, because if you admit that then you can’t support current republican politician who wants to continue same systemic racism in today.

Systemic racism! :tantrum:
When will you guys get over that old fallacy?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟655,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They seized the power (suddenly, violently, and illegally, fulfilling all three of your dictionary's requirements) to stop the government from counting the electoral ballots -- for about six hours.

Fortunately for our democracy, they lacked the manpower, firepower, and brainpower to hold on to what they had seized.

They seized the power of the United States government with flagpoles and cans of mace. Sounds like quite a feat! ^_^

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They seized the power of the United States government with flagpoles and cans of mace. Sounds like quite a feat! ^_^

Indeed it was. But hey, 2,000 years ago, the Romans killed the Son of God with three nails and a big piece of wood. But much like the insurrection, it didn't last very long.

And in 2001, all it took was 19 guys with nothing but boxcutters and some piloting skills to throw this country into chaos...

The moral of the story is that you don't need big tools to accomplish terrible deeds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Systemic racism! :tantrum:
When will you guys get over that old fallacy?

In order to figure out what they mean by "systemic racism", why don't we look it up in a Woke reference guide so that everyone can understand.

Here we go:

"A key point to register here is that, while the usual definition of racism is partially recognized within Critical Social Justice, under its purview, “racism” means something different, or at least something more—and more vague. Racism has been re-defined as a system. It’s not an action or a disposition. It’s a mysterious system that is immanent (ubiquitous, ordinary, permanent, but just beneath the surface – see also, mask). Further, being racist is a property sometimes explicitly connected to white people (see also, whiteness) and, in some renderings, one that white people cannot possibly escape. Even being actively antiracist begins with recognizing and engaging one’s own inherent complicity in racist systems, following Theorists Robin DiAngelo and Barbara Applebaum, for instance. For DiAngelo, the goal isn’t to cease being racist, which is impossible; it is to “be less white.”

“Racism,” then, is a Trojan-Horse term because it is a powerfully morally salient term—one of the most morally salient in contemporary society—and yet it doesn’t mean what most people think it means. It is very different to be associated with some vague system of power than it is to intentionally engage in bigoted attitudes and actions against someone based upon facts about their racial, ethnic, or national origin. The Critical Social Justice meaning of “racism,” and what mandates follow from it, are thus able to be institutionalized in many cases because people are allowed to believe that “racism” means the common-parlance definition and, perhaps, something a bit more complicated to do with “systems of racism.” This is to all appearances a deliberate trick being played by advocates of Critical Social Justice on a good-intentioned populace, given the phrasing “systems of racism” (when racism is defined to mean a system in the first place)."

Racism (Systemic)

• Informative
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In order to figure out what they mean by "systemic racism", why don't we look it up in a Woke reference guide so that everyone can understand.

Here we go:

"A key point to register here is that, while the usual definition of racism is partially recognized within Critical Social Justice, under its purview, “racism” means something different, or at least something more—and more vague. Racism has been re-defined as a system. It’s not an action or a disposition. It’s a mysterious system that is immanent (ubiquitous, ordinary, permanent, but just beneath the surface – see also, mask). Further, being racist is a property sometimes explicitly connected to white people (see also, whiteness) and, in some renderings, one that white people cannot possibly escape. Even being actively antiracist begins with recognizing and engaging one’s own inherent complicity in racist systems, following Theorists Robin DiAngelo and Barbara Applebaum, for instance. For DiAngelo, the goal isn’t to cease being racist, which is impossible; it is to “be less white.”

“Racism,” then, is a Trojan-Horse term because it is a powerfully morally salient term—one of the most morally salient in contemporary society—and yet it doesn’t mean what most people think it means. It is very different to be associated with some vague system of power than it is to intentionally engage in bigoted attitudes and actions against someone based upon facts about their racial, ethnic, or national origin. The Critical Social Justice meaning of “racism,” and what mandates follow from it, are thus able to be institutionalized in many cases because people are allowed to believe that “racism” means the common-parlance definition and, perhaps, something a bit more complicated to do with “systems of racism.” This is to all appearances a deliberate trick being played by advocates of Critical Social Justice on a good-intentioned populace, given the phrasing “systems of racism” (when racism is defined to mean a system in the first place)."

Racism (Systemic)

Well, it's a good thing this is covered under Critical Social Justice theory, which is still legal to acknowledge, and not Critical Race Theory, the discussion of which is being banned in red state after red state.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,652.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Whatever. All politicians say things like that. Biden, H. Clinton and Obama have said these things as well.
Which one of them said to to a large mob of agitated supporters right before telling them to march on the US Capitol? Times and dates, please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I haven't had time to go through the entire thread: has anyone posted the obligatory Bill Paxton gif yet?

aliens-game-over-man.gif

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,432,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is lame- duck and his legislative agenda is now dead.

He worked with a highly polarized Congress to pass a massive infrastructure bill--investments which were long overdue.

Three years remain in his term. It's a bit early to declare lame duck...unless of course, you believe the Republicans in Congress will obstruct every one of Biden's legislative initiatives going forward.

• Agree
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which one of them said to to a large mob of agitated supporters right before telling them to march on the US Capitol? Times and dates, please.
I laid out my case with evidence. Trump said March peaceably. He also said what he wanted as I stated. Provide evidence that he wanted an unlawful violent takeover and we can discuss. If you just want to make unevidenced claims then I am not interested.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Three years remain in his term. It's a bit early to declare lame duck...unless of course, you believe the Republicans in Congress will obstruct every one of Biden's legislative initiatives going forward.

I though it was a foregone conclusion that they will?
Clearly they have no ideas of their own except seize power... By any means necessary.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,652.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I laid out my case with evidence.

Perhaps, but that doesn't answer my question.

Trump said March peaceably. He also said what he wanted as I stated. Provide evidence that he wanted an unlawful violent takeover and we can discuss.
I did. Remember this quote :

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

He said it just before telling his mob to march to the Capitol.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟655,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have a hard time believing this is meant to be a serious comparison. Would anyone really fall for such an attempt?

The same reason somebody would write this....
And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

....and expect people to believe it prove anything.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟655,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All the evidence points to a coup attempt by Trump and the rest of the GOP.

It would be the first coup done entirely by civilians who were armed with nothing but flagpoles and mace.
And they say Americans have gotten too soft! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0