United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-
No, because it is the faith in Jesus, it is not just a random faith. The object of a person faith that gives a person God's free gift of Eternal Life in a moment of time, is the faith that is placed in Jesus. As which Paul is contrasting (in Galatians) faith in the works of the law for Justification.
No it is the Faith of Christ. It is the heart seated Faith one gets by His spirit residing in them not some random faith we can muster but one that is and of God through Christ.

Reactions: Gary K
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Could you remind me what verses I was speaking of? It's been a long time since that conversation took place, at least for my old memory.
Someone asked if the Galatians were still saved and my reply was that some of them were not because of what Paul said to them in Galatians 5:4.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No it is the Faith of Christ. It is the heart seated Faith one gets by His spirit residing in them not some random faith we can muster but one that is and of God through Christ.

The faith a person uses to believe in Jesus is not a special God given faith, that God only gives to certain people so they can believe in Jesus. That is calvinist nonsense.

Jesus praises several people for their faith.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The faith a person uses to believe in Jesus is not a special God given faith, that God only gives to certain people so they can believe in Jesus. That is calvinist nonsense.
God avails himself to all. It is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure.
And yes Calvinism is nonsense.

Upvote 0