United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Nick and Judy relationship was great--and it was a story where the guy and girl protagonists DON'T end up together at the end--THANK YOU, Disney...! (Like, they'd make a cute couple, but thanks differing from the mainstream.)

Unfortunately though, the Nick and Judy relationship is another one of those Furry things that people tried to sexualize--seriously, most fan art stories have some sort of "intimate" element in them, and it's why I refuse to watch them. Their choice, but people shouldn't assume that everyone who likes anthros must like that too--that's like saying every Star Wars fan must like the prequels (have fun with that...).
Yesss. Nothing better than a solid, wholesome, platonic relationship. It's weird how mainstream media is so obsessive over romance. It ends up undermining the value of friendship methinks.

Also good analogy with the prequels. I like them myself, but they were and still are pretty divisive among the Star Wars fans... but the release of the sequel trilogy has taken some heat off of them, I'd say.

PS: True about the dewclaw...! That is considered part of the foot and not the paw, though--so close... Didn't know you knew so much about animals--haven't really had someone to talk about them with in a long time.
I like researching animals when using them as a basis for characters, so I learned a few things 'bout them. .v.

Alright, I need y'alls opinion on something. Got a few color palettes for my fursona (and future anthros) here and I want to know which you like best, because I'm an indecisive guy and I don't want to choose something that looks good in the moment. I don't know if him being a wolf changes your mind about some of these choices, but in-case it does, he is a wolf. ;)
Ooo. I'd say 3 and 8 are my favorites.

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yesss. Nothing better than a solid, wholesome, platonic relationship. It's weird how mainstream media is so obsessive over romance. It ends up undermining the value of friendship methinks.

Also good analogy with the prequels. I like them myself, but they were and still are pretty divisive among the Star Wars fans... but the release of the sequel trilogy has taken some heat off of them, I'd say.

I like researching animals when using them as a basis for characters, so I learned a few things 'bout them. .v.

Ooo. I'd say 3 and 8 are my favorites.

Both you and the other person I asked liked #3, which is not what I expected because those are some stereotypical anthro colors and I'd prefer to make him different from most--however, once I finish making him, I'm probably gonna make him with all eight of those palettes and pick my favorite. [PS: The initial palette I envisioned when designing him was actually #2.]

Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Both you and the other person I asked liked #3, which is not what I expected because those are some stereotypical anthro colors and I'd prefer to make him different from most--however, once I finish making him, I'm probably gonna make him with all eight of those palettes and pick my favorite. [PS: The initial palette I envisioned when designing him was actually #2.]

That's a good idea, 'cause the actual implementation and context of the colors can drastically change how they look together.

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's a good idea, 'cause the actual implementation and context of the colors can drastically change how they look together.

True, true. By the way, I feel like I scared Axel away with all my off-topic things... :sweat:

I'ma keep the Furry questions rollin': Do you want to own a fur-suit, or "do" you own a fur-suit? If you don't but want one, partial or full-body? Standard animal or customized? :wolfface:

Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True, true. By the way, I feel like I scared Axel away with all my off-topic things... :sweat:

I'ma keep the Furry questions rollin': Do you want to own a fur-suit, or "do" you own a fur-suit? If you don't but want one, partial or full-body? Standard animal or customized? :wolfface:

Mmm, maybe, but who knows. He could just be busy.

There was a time I wanted a fursuit when I was more into the fandom-side of things. I think I wanted a full-body, but aside from that I didn't have a solid idea of what I wanted exactly. Nowadays I realize I wouldn't have much use for one. ^^"

Do you want a suit? What kind would it be if you did?

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mmm, maybe, but who knows. He could just be busy.

There was a time I wanted a fursuit when I was more into the fandom-side of things. I think I wanted a full-body, but aside from that I didn't have a solid idea of what I wanted exactly. Nowadays I realize I wouldn't have much use for one. ^^"

Do you want a suit? What kind would it be if you did?

I think I would--especially if whoever I was going to spend my life with is also in the fandom. What kind...? No idea. I don't know, it's just something that I think I'd like.
:ahem:

Don't know if I'd get one before I get married or after, but I'd figure that if the person I spend my life with was in the fandom, we'd get similar suits or something. I'd feel kinda weird if I had one and then the person who I would be living with felt uncomfortable about it... Would be a talking point for a day, but in no way is it some like "checkbox" for dating or anything (haven't dated someone yet anyways)... :confused2:

Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I would--especially if whoever I was going to spend my life with is also in the fandom. What kind...? No idea. I don't know, it's just something that I think I'd like.

Don't know if I'd get one before I get married or after, but I'd figure that if the person I spend my life with was in the fandom, we'd get similar suits or something. I'd feel kinda weird if I had one and then the person who I would be living with felt uncomfortable about it... Would be a talking point for a day, but in no way is it some like "checkbox" for dating or anything (haven't dated someone yet anyways)... :confused2:

Makes sense. I haven't thought of that from that perspective, tho admittedly I don't think about dating or marriage in general. :p

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Makes sense. I haven't thought of that from that perspective, tho admittedly I don't think about dating or marriage in general. :p

I'm mean--it was only a month or so ago that I even started thinking about dating in a serious light... I don't feel like saying why because, well when people learn about who I really am, it's only a matter of time before they more-or-less abandon me--I haven't done anything wrong, they just don't like the reality. That's due to the Furry thing and the uh, reason I've been thinking about dating for once. :pensive:

I don't know--I'm still in high-school, I'm 16, people assume you've been in a relationship by this point--but if you haven't been attracted to someone then no need to start yet. I know engagement isn't right around the corner for me, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't connect with those who love me and who I love. I don't know your age, and that'd be kinda awkward to ask, so I can't talk dating with you on an age-related level, but don't know what I'd say anyways... :neutral:
[PS: If you want me to tell you why I've been thinking about dating for the first time, I will--just promise you won't judge... :sweat:]

Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm mean--it was only a month or so ago that I even started thinking about dating in a serious light... I don't feel like saying why because, well when people learn about who I really am, it's only a matter of time before they more-or-less abandon me--I haven't done anything wrong, they just don't like the reality. That's due to the Furry thing and the uh, reason I've been thinking about dating for once. :pensive:

I don't know--I'm still in high-school, I'm 16, people assume you've been in a relationship by this point--but if you haven't been attracted to someone then no need to start yet. I know engagement isn't right around the corner for me, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't connect with those who love me and who I love. I don't know your age, and that'd be kinda awkward to ask, so I can't talk dating with you on an age-related level, but don't know what I'd say anyways... :neutral:
[PS: If you want me to tell you why I've been thinking about dating for the first time, I will--just promise you won't judge... :sweat:]

Eh, I'm not the most comfortable with giving out my age, just 'cause personal information is something I'd rather not put out on the Internet, 'cause it's just too easily accessible that way. I wouldn't be the best person to talk 'bout dating with anywho. =P

You don't have to tell me anything that you aren't comfortable telling. If you want to tell me that's fine, but that's up to you.

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Eh, I'm not the most comfortable with giving out my age, just 'cause personal information is something I'd rather not put out on the Internet, 'cause it's just too easily accessible that way. I wouldn't be the best person to talk 'bout dating with anywho. =P

You don't have to tell me anything that you aren't comfortable telling. If you want to tell me that's fine, but that's up to you.

Exactly why I said it's be awkward to ask. Only reason I put mine out there was 1.) Context; and 2.) I'm safe with what I do and I can do my own cyber-security (I've actually competed in it for two years now).

I'm sure I'm going to receive an absolute ton of flak for saying this, but--I'd rather be honest with myself than hide from the person God made me... Earlier this fall I came out. Yes, the kind of "coming out" you're thinking about. No, it is not a sin--I did months and months of research and meeting and digging into God's word as I was questioning my attraction, willing to accept however He saw it--but, turns out He's indifferent about it... I am legitimately attracted to guys and not to girls, and I couldn't change that even if I wanted to (which I don't because, I "want" to be the person God made me.) It is natural, it is in His will, and it is me.

You don't know how much that little fact has hurt me these past two months--almost all the problems and pain I've talked about have been related to the hatred and harm I've received from living the life I was meant to live... People think I'm possessed, that I'm cursed, that I'm "not a real Christian"--but I promise you my faith is stronger than it ever has been. I live my life afraid of the very people who are called to love and who are under the words of the same God I faithfully follow, because when they see me

(I'm stopping myself there. Life has been a train-wreck ever since I discovered who I was, but what am I to do...? You and me--we are of the same flesh and blood, knit in the womb by the same holy creator--but the lives we live, they are not equal. If you don't want to hear from me after this, okay--but I cannot hide from who I am and I should not be ashamed of the way God made me...)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly why I said it's be awkward to ask. Only reason I put mine out there was 1.) Context; and 2.) I'm safe with what I do and I can do my own cyber-security (I've actually competed in it for two years now).

I'm sure I'm going to receive an absolute ton of flak for saying this, but--I'd rather be honest with myself than hide from the person God made me... Earlier this fall I came out. Yes, the kind of "coming out" you're thinking about. No, it is not a sin--I did months and months of research and meeting and digging into God's word as I was questioning my attraction, willing to accept however He saw it--but, turns out He's indifferent about it... I am legitimately attracted to guys and not to girls, and I couldn't change that even if I wanted to (which I don't because, I "want" to be the person God made me.) It is natural, it is in His will, and it is me.

You don't know how much that little fact has hurt me these past two months--almost all the problems and pain I've talked about have been related to the hatred and harm I've received from living the life I was meant to live... People think I'm possessed, that I'm cursed, that I'm "not a real Christian"--but I promise you my faith is stronger than it ever has been. I live my life afraid of the very people who are called to love and who are under the words of the same God I faithfully follow, because when they see me

(I'm stopping myself there. Life has been a train-wreck ever since I discovered who I was, but what am I to do...? You and me--we are of the same flesh and blood, knit in the womb by the same holy creator--but the lives we live, they are not equal. If you don't want to hear from me after this, okay--but I cannot hide from who I am and I should not be ashamed of the way God made me...)

Ohh, y'know I kinda figured as much from the way you were talking in your last two posts, but I didn't want to make any assumptions. Thanks for being honest though.

Anyway, I disagree with your viewpoint, and I have my own myriad of experiences, mistakes and consequences that go behind what I believe... but I'm not going to just say "never speak to me again" because what would that achieve?

But this path you're walking down? I've walked down a similar one myself. Sit tight if you want to read, 'cause it's a fair amount of paragraphs.

I had a group of friends who were very pro-LGBT, and that aspect of them created a lot of inner struggle for me. So I asked God for the truth, whether or not it was right or wrong... but I didn't listen, because I was afraid of what He'd say. Sooooo I did research, and I eventually found a viewpoint that reconciled homosexuality and Christianity. I asked God for guidance in whether this was on-the-level or not, and He gave me such guidance... but I disregarded it. I then convinced myself that God must have led me to this information, that this was His will, and that I could chill out with my friends with no moral qualms whatsoever.

In other words, I went into denial and stopped listening to God. I only became more dishonest after that, towards others and myself, and whatever integrity I had left quickly went down the drain. I spent at least a few months doing this, maybe more.

Then one day some divine intervention happened (I'm not being specific 'cause it involves some really personal stuff), and the lie I had built around myself for months crumbled within an hour. Funny thing about lies is that they can take a lot of time and effort to build, but truth? That thing is a freaking wrecking-ball. The only reason the truth was ever uncertain for me was that I unwilling to accept it.

Anyway, so I had to finally accept the truth... but by that time, I had dug myself into a metaphorical hole, so that accepting the truth and doing what's right would turn everything upside down for me. If I were to be true to myself, I'd have to leave the friend group. I just didn't have the spiritual integrity to stick around. I had failed them as a friend, and thinking about that still stings.
Soooo... I left, and that hurt. A lot. It still hurts honestly. But I was finally honest with myself and God, and that was very liberating. I was finally free from the lies I told myself, and I was finally myself again. It was like waking up from a nightmare.

Annnd that's about the gist of the story. I had been apart of that group for about five years. One of the friends I had known for 7 years, and another friend had became my very best friend. I didn't leave because they were "doing wrong" per se, or because they "weren't good enough." It was more 'cause spiritually speaking I hadn't been good enough, wasn't good enough, and quite frankly, I probably should've left that group before things went as far as they did, 'cause that would've greatly minimized the damage I caused by leaving. And as for another clarification, God didn't shame me for anything. He just told me the truth, and then I knew what I had to do. All these self-criticisms are from me, but I believe they're justified.

Look, just because we're born with an inclination doesn't make the actions resulting from that inclination correct. There needs to be more justification than just that. The only justification I've found was just highly specific interpretation of Scripture stitched together with slick rhetoric.

God makes us, yes, but there's a difference between our souls and our bodies. Our bodies are pretty dang temporary, and frankly aren't guaranteed to come without hiccups. Different people have different inclinations to do different things, but y'know, the inclinations don't really matter. What matters is how we act on said inclinations. I am no exception to this.

God, indifferent? That's a weird descriptor. Saying He doesn't care seems like a red flag, because He cares about everything. When would He ever be indifferent?

Sorry if I came off really adamant. I've just got a history with this kind of thing, and frankly I'd rather you not have to go through that. But whatever you choose, you can still talk to me, 'cause frankly I don't think pushing you away is going to help anything.

Just don't be so quick to tread this path you're going down. Re-evaluate this, and be willing to hear whatever God tells you, especially the stuff you don't want to hear. Denial is surprisingly easy to get into, and it's one heck of a drug.

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ohh, y'know I kinda figured as much from the way you were talking in your last two posts, but I didn't want to make any assumptions. Thanks for being honest though.

Anyway, I disagree with your viewpoint, and I have my own myriad of experiences, mistakes and consequences that go behind what I believe... but I'm not going to just say "never speak to me again" because what would that achieve?

But this path you're walking down? I've walked down a similar one myself. Sit tight if you want to read, 'cause it's a fair amount of paragraphs.

I had a group of friends who were very pro-LGBT, and that aspect of them created a lot of inner struggle for me. So I asked God for the truth, whether or not it was right or wrong... but I didn't listen, because I was afraid of what He'd say. Sooooo I did research, and I eventually found a viewpoint that reconciled homosexuality and Christianity. I asked God for guidance in whether this was on-the-level or not, and He gave me such guidance... but I disregarded it. I then convinced myself that God must have led me to this information, that this was His will, and that I could chill out with my friends with no moral qualms whatsoever.

In other words, I went into denial and stopped listening to God. I only became more dishonest after that, towards others and myself, and whatever integrity I had left quickly went down the drain. I spent at least a few months doing this, maybe more.

Then one day some divine intervention happened (I'm not being specific 'cause it involves some really personal stuff), and the lie I had built around myself for months crumbled within an hour. Funny thing about lies is that they can take a lot of time and effort to build, but truth? That thing is a freaking wrecking-ball. The only reason the truth was ever uncertain for me was that I unwilling to accept it.

Anyway, so I had to finally accept the truth... but by that time, I had dug myself into a metaphorical hole, so that accepting the truth and doing what's right would turn everything upside down for me. If I were to be true to myself, I'd have to leave the friend group. I just didn't have the spiritual integrity to stick around. I had failed them as a friend, and thinking about that still stings.
Soooo... I left, and that hurt. A lot. It still hurts honestly. But I was finally honest with myself and God, and that was very liberating. I was finally free from the lies I told myself, and I was finally myself again. It was like waking up from a nightmare.

Annnd that's about the gist of the story. I had been apart of that group for about five years. One of the friends I had known for 7 years, and another friend had became my very best friend. I didn't leave because they were "doing wrong" per se, or because they "weren't good enough." It was more 'cause spiritually speaking I hadn't been good enough, wasn't good enough, and quite frankly, I probably should've left that group before things went as far as they did, 'cause that would've greatly minimized the damage I caused by leaving. And as for another clarification, God didn't shame me for anything. He just told me the truth, and then I knew what I had to do. All these self-criticisms are from me, but I believe they're justified.

Look, just because we're born with an inclination doesn't make the actions resulting from that inclination correct. There needs to be more justification than just that. The only justification I've found was just highly specific interpretation of Scripture stitched together with slick rhetoric.

God makes us, yes, but there's a difference between our souls and our bodies. Our bodies are pretty dang temporary, and frankly aren't guaranteed to come without hiccups. Different people have different inclinations to do different things, but y'know, the inclinations don't really matter. What matters is how we act on said inclinations. I am no exception to this.

God, indifferent? That's a weird descriptor. Saying He doesn't care seems like a red flag, because He cares about everything. When would He ever be indifferent?

Sorry if I came off really adamant. I've just got a history with this kind of thing, and frankly I'd rather you not have to go through that. But whatever you choose, you can still talk to me, 'cause frankly I don't think pushing you away is going to help anything.

Just don't be so quick to tread this path you're going down. Re-evaluate this, and be willing to hear whatever God tells you, especially the stuff you don't want to hear. Denial is surprisingly easy to get into, and it's one heck of a drug.

In context, "indifferent" means unbiased--seeing as equal, with no "special treatment." If God designed us all perfect in His image and loves us all the same--sounds "indifferent" to me. Not "indifferent" as in "not caring," "indifferent" as in "equitable."

This is nothing to do with "pro-LGBT," and I don't get political over it because in all honesty things like that "shouldn't" be political. God made everything the way he did for a reason--humanity wouldn't be alive otherwise; so, if he doesn't condemn homosexuality in His words to humanity, and this is something that is how I am no matter if I tried not to--then, I can't see how it's not in God's design.

If I tried to have a relationship with a girl at the same level I could with a guy, it wouldn't work out--the attraction wouldn't be there, the close love wouldn't be there, and I refuse to get married into something I know would fail. There would be no "falling in love," it'd be pretending and I'm not okay with that. Your mother was attracted to your father and that was in God's plan, so why is it that a guy being attracted to a guy with that same or even stronger love is just "invalid" to Christians when the Word we follow doesn't say so...?

And no, this isn't some "fad" thing--I've never been a "popular" kid in the least, and I've felt the absolute opposite about this--I feel terrified. I feel terrified that just because I'm different from you, that people like you then feel as if they have some ethical excuse to throw me to the floor and leave me there to rot--and they use this Gospel of love to try and justify it when they don't understand what it really says. Some days I've just wanted to be straight so I didn't have to live in fear and in pain the next day--but that's out of my control, and I've given that to God, and unless some indescribable thing happens, this is who I am whether I like it or not.

Look, bud... I knew we wouldn't see eye-to-eye, and that's okay--it really is. Just, don't like, harass me or exclude me or hate me for my beliefs and life, and we can live like normal--okay...? Treat me like I'm still human, treat me like a brother in Christ, and please, don't hurt me...

Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In context, "indifferent" means unbiased--seeing as equal, with no "special treatment." If God designed us all perfect in His image and loves us all the same--sounds "indifferent" to me. Not "indifferent" as in "not caring," "indifferent" as in "equitable."

This is nothing to do with "pro-LGBT," and I don't get political over it because in all honesty things like that "shouldn't" be political. God made everything the way he did for a reason--humanity wouldn't be alive otherwise; so, if he doesn't condemn homosexuality in His words to humanity, and this is something that is how I am no matter if I tried not to--then, I can't see how it's not in God's design.

If I tried to have a relationship with a girl at the same level I could with a guy, it wouldn't work out--the attraction wouldn't be there, the close love wouldn't be there, and I refuse to get married into something I know would fail. There would be no "falling in love," it'd be pretending and I'm not okay with that. Your mother was attracted to your father and that was in God's plan, so why is it that a guy being attracted to a guy with that same or even stronger love is just "invalid" to Christians when the Word we follow doesn't say so...?

And no, this isn't some "fad" thing--I've never been a "popular" kid in the least, and I've felt the absolute opposite about this--I feel terrified. I feel terrified that just because I'm different from you, that people like you then feel as if they have some ethical excuse to throw me to the floor and leave me there to rot--and they use this Gospel of love to try and justify it when they don't understand what it really says. Some days I've just wanted to be straight so I didn't have to live in fear and in pain the next day--but that's out of my control, and I've given that to God, and unless some indescribable thing happens, this is who I am whether I like it or not.

Look, bud... I knew we wouldn't see eye-to-eye, and that's okay--it really is. Just, don't like, harass me or exclude me or hate me for my beliefs and life, and we can live like normal--okay...? Treat me like I'm still human, treat me like a brother in Christ, and please, don't hurt me...
Aight, thanks for clarifying that. Just a case of semantics.

Nothing I said was with the intention to harass or exclude you, and it didn't come from a place of hate. If I came off that way, then I'm sorry. I just figured I'd give you a heads up of "hey, maybe you should rethink this."

When I said "pro-LGBT", I wasn't talking about the politics side of things, but more the beliefs side of things. It was just a means of summing up the nature of the situation I was in.

And on the topic of Scripture, there's literally these verses of Leviticus that address it directly: Leviticus 18:22–30 NASB95 - ‘You shall not… | Biblia
I've heard it argued that "the old laws don't apply anymore thanks to Jesus fulfilling the law", and that's partially true... except that there are laws in Leviticus that are moral laws that still apply because they deal with morality, and the one concerning homosexuality is part of the moral laws.
Also, Jesus himself stated that marriage is between a man and a woman. If sex is only lawful under marriage, and marriage is explicitly between a single man and a single woman, then that leaves little room for anything else.
I'm not saying this to be rude, but I think you're choosing to see things where they don't exist, or refusing to see things where they do exist. That's exactly what I did when I had your viewpoint.

I understand that you wouldn't be able to have a fulfilling relationship with a girl, and I'm not suggesting that you try either. I'm not the kind of person that thinks you can just change attraction. Your attraction is a part of you, yes, but it's still a choice whether you indulge in it or not. Once again, natural inclination =/= justification.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't lump me in with the people that you've described. As confrontational as I may seem, I'm not here to throw you to the metaphorical floor, and if I wanted to leave you to rot I would've left by now. I'm not trying to put you down or treat you lesser. I'm trying to get you to see things from a different perspective.

If you'd rather we not talk about these things, that's fine with me too. I imagine that this is a rather stressful conversation, especially with all you've been dealing with lately.

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Aight, thanks for clarifying that. Just a case of semantics.

Nothing I said was with the intention to harass or exclude you, and it didn't come from a place of hate. If I came off that way, then I'm sorry. I just figured I'd give you a heads up of "hey, maybe you should rethink this."

When I said "pro-LGBT", I wasn't talking about the politics side of things, but more the beliefs side of things. It was just a means of summing up the nature of the situation I was in.

And on the topic of Scripture, there's literally these verses of Leviticus that address it directly: Leviticus 18:22–30 NASB95 - ‘You shall not… | Biblia
I've heard it argued that "the old laws don't apply anymore thanks to Jesus fulfilling the law", and that's partially true... except that there are laws in Leviticus that are moral laws that still apply because they deal with morality, and the one concerning homosexuality is part of the moral laws.
Also, Jesus himself stated that marriage is between a man and a woman. If sex is only lawful under marriage, and marriage is explicitly between a single man and a single woman, then that leaves little room for anything else.
I'm not saying this to be rude, but I think you're choosing to see things where they don't exist, or refusing to see things where they do exist. That's exactly what I did when I had your viewpoint.

I understand that you wouldn't be able to have a fulfilling relationship with a girl, and I'm not suggesting that you try either. I'm not the kind of person that thinks you can just change attraction. Your attraction is a part of you, yes, but it's still a choice whether you indulge in it or not. Once again, natural inclination =/= justification.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't lump me in with the people that you've described. As confrontational as I may seem, I'm not here to throw you to the metaphorical floor, and if I wanted to leave you to rot I would've left by now. I'm not trying to put you down or treat you lesser. I'm trying to get you to see things from a different perspective.

If you'd rather we not talk about these things, that's fine with me too. I imagine that this is a rather stressful conversation, especially with all you've been dealing with lately.

I'm confused what you mean when you say that the "moral" laws are still valid because they deal with "morality"--that's saying "it is 'cause it is" and you're not explaining "why." I've heard that twice from people now, but I don't understand where they're coming with that from. I also don't see where Jesus mentions that marriage is "only" to be between a guy and girl, so if you could please point me to where that's said. If you could tell me something that I haven't seen, then I would dig into it with all the mental strength I have--but everything that you're saying, it's not new to me--I just have not seen in the Bible where Jesus stood up and said "Homosexuality is not of my Father, it is a sin." You can't take the words of man as the word of God--we wouldn't "have" a New Testament if that were the case. I'm trying to get the full picture--I'm trying to figure out what's "True" and "False" rather than what "X" person said and "Y" person said.

Wayfaring--I've been thinking for months and months about this, and I'm not "neglecting" to look at it from another perspective. This topic hasn't left my mind for more days and weeks than I could count, and I can assure you that I've done a lot of research and thinking for both sides and this has caused me so much agony that I almost wish it "were" a curse so I could have "some" justification for my crying. No--natural inclination itself is not justification, and I'm not saying it is--but I don't see how God could say "You, the majority (straight people), are allowed to have as close of connections as these--but you, no you have to go without that kind of love."

I did not mean to come off as lumping you in with that group--I meant that many people "in your place" have done that--I couldn't even dream of someone like you doing that, you're too nice to... I wasn't saying you were doing those things, it's just, when I mention this stuff to people, they change--it's like the word "gay" causes them to go into this primal instinct and they snap on me like an owner yelling at his dog... You're probably too loving of a person to comprehend just how Christians could do that, but I swear that it happens all too often. My quest for knowledge about what God says about homosexuality won't end when we stop talking about it to each other--it could trouble me for the rest of my life for all I know, for either side--but, Wayfaring, could you let me continue my talks with pastors and scholars and counselors, and let us resume talking about why we came here in the first place...? I promise, I'm not just "pushing this aside"--I don't know if I'll "ever" be at-peace about this dilemma, because it's just so complicated...

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And, yes--I have been a bit stressed, especially recently... My parents have been fighting, my friends are all disappearing, my only brother's getting ready to leave soon, I have a pretty detailed puzzle of what the Bible says about homosexuality but there's still pieces missing and its driving me insane, and I haven't had anyone to talk to about any of this... I'm sorry if I've been venting and up-tight. I have no excuse, and you deserve better. I apologize...
Can we try to start this over...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm confused what you mean when you say that the "moral" laws are still valid because they deal with "morality"--that's saying "it is 'cause it is" and you're not explaining "why." I've heard that twice from people now, but I don't understand where they're coming with that from. I also don't see where Jesus mentions that marriage is "only" to be between a guy and girl, so if you could please point me to where that's said. If you could tell me something that I haven't seen, then I would dig into it with all the mental strength I have--but everything that you're saying, it's not new to me--I just have not seen in the Bible where Jesus stood up and said "Homosexuality is not of my Father, it is a sin." You can't take the words of man as the word of God--we wouldn't "have" a New Testament if that were the case. I'm trying to get the full picture--I'm trying to figure out what's "True" and "False" rather than what "X" person said and "Y" person said.

Wayfaring--I've been thinking for months and months about this, and I'm not "neglecting" to look at it from another perspective. This topic hasn't left my mind for more days and weeks than I could count, and I can assure you that I've done a lot of research and thinking for both sides and this has caused me so much agony that I almost wish it "were" a curse so I could have "some" justification for my crying. No--natural inclination itself is not justification, and I'm not saying it is--but I don't see how God could say "You, the majority (straight people), are allowed to have as close of connections as these--but you, no you have to go without that kind of love."

I did not mean to come off as lumping you in with that group--I meant that many people "in your place" have done that--I couldn't even dream of someone like you doing that, you're too nice to... I wasn't saying you were doing those things, it's just, when I mention this stuff to people, they change--it's like the word "gay" causes them to go into this primal instinct and they snap on me like an owner yelling at his dog... You're probably too loving of a person to comprehend just how Christians could do that, but I swear that it happens all too often. My quest for knowledge about what God says about homosexuality won't end when we stop talking about it to each other--it could trouble me for the rest of my life for all I know, for either side--but, Wayfaring, could you let me continue my talks with pastors and scholars and counselors, and let us resume talking about why we came here in the first place...? I promise, I'm not just "pushing this aside"--I don't know if I'll "ever" be at-peace about this dilemma, because it's just so complicated...
And, yes--I have been a bit stressed, especially recently... My parents have been fighting, my friends are all disappearing, my only brother's getting ready to leave soon, I have a pretty detailed puzzle of what the Bible says about homosexuality but there's still pieces missing and its driving me insane, and I haven't had anyone to talk to about any of this... I'm sorry if I've been venting and up-tight. I have no excuse, and you deserve better. I apologize...
Can we try to start this over...?

Yo, it's chill. There's no need to apologize. Despite our disagreement, you've assumed the best about me, and I really appreciate that.

I'll admit, this kind of conversation makes me anxious, so changing the subject here sounds pretty good actually.

Now, as for starting over, or maybe rather continuing where we left off... how's that fursona drawing going? :idea1:

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yo, it's chill. There's no need to apologize. Despite our disagreement, you've assumed the best about me, and I really appreciate that.

I'll admit, this kind of conversation makes me anxious, so changing the subject here sounds pretty good actually.

Now, as for starting over, or maybe rather continuing where we left off... how's that fursona drawing going? :idea1:

No, thank you--thanks for being so kind and considerate, even when that got kinda tense... :pensive:
Also--when I've told you that "I love you," I don't mean it in a romantic sense--but, I don't use the word lightly and I really mean it. I wish I could like, hug you or something, show you how much you mean to me... Love you, bud. :greenheart:

Anywho--back to fur-stuff.
He's going alright--I've been a bit busy with school so haven't gotten to finish his last limb.

I will say this real quick, since it's on the topic of Furries: When I'm in a group or around people or such, I feel kinda uptight and such--I don't feel uncomfortable around them, I'm comfortable around people, but I just feel like I have to stand a certain way or, speak in a certain tone--you get the gist... I feel like if I ever wore a fur-suit, especially full-body, that it'd kinda be a relief to me--like, I could just be the laid-back, kid-like, touchy self that I can't be outside of it because that'd be "weird coming from 'me'." Don't know--just could see that as kinda liberating for me, getting to be a way I'm not normally outside of a suit--it'd be a relieving change-of-pace from JROTC where I'm ordered to act like a robot all the time, to where in a suit I could kinda just, let go.
:relax:

(PS: By "touchy," I mean like--my love language is "Physical Touch," so I like to give hugs and give people a reassuring hand on the back and give thoughtful touches on the arm--you get it, I like people to feel loved. :blush:)

Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, thank you--thanks for being so kind and considerate, even when that got kinda tense... :pensive:
Also--when I've told you that "I love you," I don't mean it in a romantic sense--but, I don't use the word lightly and I really mean it. I wish I could like, hug you or something, show you how much you mean to me... Love you, bud. :greenheart:

Anywho--back to fur-stuff.
He's going alright--I've been a bit busy with school so haven't gotten to finish his last limb.

I will say this real quick, since it's on the topic of Furries: When I'm in a group or around people or such, I feel kinda uptight and such--I don't feel uncomfortable around them, I'm comfortable around people, but I just feel like I have to stand a certain way or, speak in a certain tone--you get the gist... I feel like if I ever wore a fur-suit, especially full-body, that it'd kinda be a relief to me--like, I could just be the laid-back, kid-like, touchy self that I can't be outside of it because that'd be "weird coming from 'me'." Don't know--just could see that as kinda liberating for me, getting to be a way I'm not normally outside of a suit--it'd be a relieving change-of-pace from JROTC where I'm ordered to act like a robot all the time, to where in a suit I could kinda just, let go.
:relax:

(PS: By "touchy," I mean like--my love language is "Physical Touch," so I like to give hugs and give people a reassuring hand on the back and give thoughtful touches on the arm--you get it, I like people to feel loved. :blush:)
No need to clarify, I get what you mean. I love you too. .v.

Guess you could say that your fursona is... on his last leg? Badumtssssss (unless his last limb is an arm, then the joke doesn't work .3.)

Oh yeah, I've heard that a lot, that the fursuit aspect can help people be more outgoing and comfortable in social situations. 'tis pretty neat.

Love languages are an interesting thing. Everyone seems to have their own particular way of giving and receiving affection. But yeah, I got what you meant by touchy. Though I see why you clarified, 'cause the other definition for touchy is the exact opposite of what you meant. :p

Upvote 0

AnonymousForNow

Loving Servant
Sep 15, 2020
Tampa
✟11,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No need to clarify, I get what you mean. I love you too. .v.

Guess you could say that your fursona is... on his last leg? Badumtssssss (unless his last limb is an arm, then the joke doesn't work .3.)

Oh yeah, I've heard that a lot, that the fursuit aspect can help people be more outgoing and comfortable in social situations. 'tis pretty neat.

Love languages are an interesting thing. Everyone seems to have their own particular way of giving and receiving affection. But yeah, I got what you meant by touchy. Though I see why you clarified, 'cause the other definition for touchy is the exact opposite of what you meant. :p

HAHA--okay, his left leg's the only thing left, so that was good... You'll be a good father someday with that witty humor. :laughing:

I'm already a talkative and outgoing kind of guy--I just feel like it'd help me be a better person "in" those interactions--strip away the uniforms and stiffness, and give people fluffy, warm hugs while being as carefree as a kid. Sounds like a dream for an extroverted guy like me who needs to be around people, but who can be a little stuck-up sometimes to be honest...

I'm not the kind of guy most people think would be a "Physical Touch" person, but the more people get to know me, the more they think I'm a teddy bear rather than an angry bear like how people see me when I'm in-uniform. If I'm raising my voice, something is seriously wrong--yes, I'm a naturally loud and talkative person, but I also stay very quiet when someone's opening up to me or venting to me--I know 'cause I've been there. For awhile I was two-faced, either soft or rock hard, but nowadays I'm just blending into more of a soft person and that's how I know something like the actual military isn't something for me. :yum:

Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
HAHA--okay, his left leg's the only thing left, so that was good... You'll be a good father someday with that witty humor. :laughing:

I'm already a talkative and outgoing kind of guy--I just feel like it'd help me be a better person "in" those interactions--strip away the uniforms and stiffness, and give people fluffy, warm hugs while being as carefree as a kid. Sounds like a dream for an extroverted guy like me who needs to be around people, but who can be a little stuck-up sometimes to be honest...

I'm not the kind of guy most people think would be a "Physical Touch" person, but the more people get to know me, the more they think I'm a teddy bear rather than an angry bear like how people see me when I'm in-uniform. If I'm raising my voice, something is seriously wrong--yes, I'm a naturally loud and talkative person, but I also stay very quiet when someone's opening up to me or venting to me--I know 'cause I've been there. For awhile I was two-faced, either soft or rock hard, but nowadays I'm just blending into more of a soft person and that's how I know something like the actual military isn't something for me. :yum:
And that's a rather witty way of calling my pun a dad joke. A tip of the hat to you, good sir.

... I wish I didn't have to interrupt this conversation, but something kind of came up. I think continuing on as we were is putting me in a bad place, spiritually speaking. This isn't really to do with you, but it's due to my own spiritual weakness. I'll explain.

When it comes to socializing, I struggle with dishonesty, 'specially over the internet. Whatever fears and internal turmoils I have pressure me into being dishonest with both myself and others. I wasn't really comfortable continuing on as if everything was fine, 'cause internally it wasn't. There's just a lot of personal weight I'm carrying, and if I continue on as if everything's fine despite that weight, then I'm being dishonest. My dishonesty has caused a lot of damage in the past, and I worry about that, and my worries add onto the weight I already carry. I just don't know if I can keep going like this.

It's gotten to the point where I'd want to stop talking, because it feels like too much... which I didn't want to do because I said I wouldn't stop talking, but if I keep talking despite not wanting to, that's also being dishonest.

Idk, I think our underlying disagreements and our chatting despite it are too familiar for me and are bringing back some painful feelings. I wanted to put those feelings aside because I wanted to be of some help to you, 'cause you were going through some tough times and you're my brother in Christ. But as Christ said, take out the log in your own eye before removing the splinter in your brother's eye. I can't be of any help to anyone with these feelings churning within me.

Sorry if this kind of exploded out of nowhere. I tend to internalize things to the point of it boiling over. :purple: The last thing I wanted to do was to dump my problems on you.

Upvote 0