Visit site
✟15,215.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What is some peoples problems? Why are Christians getting so riled up about the evoltion debate? Beats me. Does evolution disprove the Bible? No.... Does it replace God? No... It seems that many Christians can't believe anything science says, because of course science and Christianity are complete opposits. WRONG! Science is one of the greatest gifts God has give humanity, right up there with the Arts, and I would even go so far as to say that science and religion should go hand in hand. Of course, science, like anything, including the Bible can be misinterpreted, or misused, and they both have. But do we disregard the Bible just because it has been used to justify murder? Of course not. Wake up yon people, wake up.

kingzjewel

coheir to the kingdom ... purchased by God
Jun 25, 2003
south jersey
✟15,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
lightencandle said:
What is some peoples problems? Why are Christians getting so riled up about the evoltion debate? Beats me. Does evolution disprove the Bible? No.... Does it replace God? No... It seems that many Christians can't believe anything science says, because of course science and Christianity are complete opposits. WRONG! Science is one of the greatest gifts God has give humanity, right up there with the Arts, and I would even go so far as to say that science and religion should go hand in hand. Of course, science, like anything, including the Bible can be misinterpreted, or misused, and they both have. But do we disregard the Bible just because it has been used to justify murder? Of course not. Wake up yon people, wake up.
but dont you think that science is only leading us to another tower of babel? scientists are going way too far in trying to create and control life. next thing you know they will reactivate dinosaurs and we will end up in jurassic park getting eaten by tyrannosaurs and such! as far as the bible, i never thought that it disproved the bible. everything is science is a THEORY not a fact. not threatening me at all ;) Theories forever change. The Word of God does not.

Upvote 0

lightencandle

Apr 9, 2006
New York
Visit site
✟15,215.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
kingzjewel said:
but dont you think that science is only leading us to another tower of babel? scientists are going way too far in trying to create and control life. next thing you know they will reactivate dinosaurs and we will end up in jurassic park getting eaten by tyrannosaurs and such! as far as the bible, i never thought that it disproved the bible. everything is science is a THEORY not a fact. not threatening me at all ;) Theories forever change. The Word of God does not.
Yes darling, some things do not change. However, things grow, and humans interpretations of the Bible (yes.. the Bible) have changed. People are always using certain passages in different ways, it can be applied on many different levels. The same with science.

A tower of Babel? No... Not if science, or the art of knowledge if you will, is a gift from God. Of course there are limits. But this arguement is not about whether science can be used for ill, because i think we all know the answer to that.

Upvote 0

kingzjewel

Jun 25, 2003
south jersey
✟15,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
but you agree that knowledge is a gift from God? with that knowledge the tower of babel was built and God had to step in. they got too wise for their own good. I can see that happening again through science and trying to know how things came about...trying to recreate creation...

Upvote 0

lightencandle

Apr 9, 2006
New York
Visit site
✟15,215.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
kingzjewel said:
but you agree that knowledge is a gift from God? with that knowledge the tower of babel was built and God had to step in. they got too wise for their own good. I can see that happening again through science and trying to know how things came about...trying to recreate creation...and excuse me but I AM on topic. :p
But the same can happen with anything, no?

This is not a science debate, and whether you can use it for good or bad, this is an evolution debate.

Upvote 0

kingzjewel

Jun 25, 2003
south jersey
✟15,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
lightencandle said:
But the same can happen with anything, no?

This is not a science debate, and whether you can use it for good or bad, this is an evolution debate.
How on Earth do you ever expect to talk about evolution WITHOUT talking about science??? Maybe you should rethink the origins of your topic....

Upvote 0

lightencandle

Apr 9, 2006
New York
Visit site
✟15,215.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
kingzjewel said:
How on Earth do you ever expect to talk about evolution WITHOUT talking about science??? Maybe you should rethink the origins of your topic....

:p
But you are talking about whether science can be used for good or bad. We all know the answer to that. THis forum/thread is discussing whether or not evolution has any validity in the minds of Chistians, why or why not. Is it because theyt can't stand having outside information that isn't in the Bible?

Upvote 0

kingzjewel

Jun 25, 2003
south jersey
✟15,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you look around you will see that there are more sources than just the Bible. There are the so-called "lost" books. There are the geological finds in Africa...many many sources outside of the bible..but the central point is that they all reinforce what the bible already says. So does science, in many ways. My point is that science is being used for the sole purpose of trying to devalue christianity or make itself bigger than the Creator. There is no problem with "outside sources". The problem is with discerning what those sources are saying.

Upvote 0

lightencandle

Apr 9, 2006
New York
Visit site
✟15,215.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
kingzjewel said:
If you look around you will see that there are more sources than just the Bible. There are the so-called "lost" books. There are the geological finds in Africa...many many sources outside of the bible..but the central point is that they all reinforce what the bible already says. So does science, in many ways. My point is that science is being used for the sole purpose of trying to devalue christianity or make itself bigger than the Creator. There is no problem with "outside sources". The problem is with discerning what those sources are saying.

Same thing with the Bible...

I do agree though. Science should be used without opinion sometimes.And then of course, you have the fundementalists at the opposite end who go to lengths, even to make up facts and claim them to be "scientific fact" to disprove evolution. Both the extreemist, antigod/religion/creation scientists and the fundementalist/creationist christians should be ashamed of theirselves.

Upvote 0

truth above all else

Apr 22, 2005
melbourne
✟15,775.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
lightencandle said:
What is some peoples problems? Why are Christians getting so riled up about the evoltion debate? Beats me. Crazy people. Does evolution disprove the Bible? No.... Does it replace God? No... It seems that many Christians can't believe anything science says, because of course science and Christianity are complete opposits. WRONG! Science is one of the greatest gifts God has give humanity, right up there with the Arts, and I would even go so far as to say that science and religion should go hand in hand. Of course, science, like anything, including the Bible can be misinterpreted, or misused, and they both have. But do we disregard the Bible just because it has been used to justify murder? Of course not. Wake up yon people, wake up.

good morning thanks for the wake up call,of course evolution doesnt disprove scripture nor can it replace the Divine.Of course science is a divine gift but evolutionary philosophy is not, it is in conflict with Christianity on many levels in fact it teaches the exact opposite of Christian truth.....ie) up from the beasts , in place of, fall from paradise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lightencandle

Apr 9, 2006
New York
Visit site
✟15,215.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
truth above all else said:
good morning thanks for the wake up call,of course evolution doesnt disprove scripture nor can it replace the Divine.Of course science is a divine gift but evolutionary philosophy is not, it is in conflict with Christianity on many levels in fact it teaches the exact opposite of Christian truth.....ie) up from the beasts , in place of, fall from paradise.

Not really dear. Evolution does not explain the origion of life. The scientific explanation is the change of a species over a period of time. Evolution is not in conflict with Christianity, it is adamant atheistic scientists and fundemental christians who are in conflict.

Upvote 0

truth above all else

Apr 22, 2005
melbourne
✟15,775.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
lightencandle said:
Not really dear. Evolution does not explain the origion of life. The scientific explanation is the change of a species over a period of time. Evolution is not in conflict with Christianity, it is adamant atheistic scientists and fundemental christians who are in conflict.

Yes dearest, the scientific explanation preaches descent with modification, such as our alleged neanderthal forefathers. Divine scripture and Holy fathers teach the fall from paradise.These beliefs are mutually exclusive

Upvote 0

Valkhorn

the Antifloccinaucinihilipili ficationist
Jun 15, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟11,624.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes dearest, the scientific explanation preaches descent with modification, such as our alleged neanderthal forefathers. Divine scripture and Holy fathers teach the fall from paradise.These beliefs are mutually exclusive

A) Neandrethals did not evolve into humans, it was a dead branch

B) Are you trying to say that scientific fact and factual evidence and faith must be mutually exclusive? That's what it sounds like to me.

Upvote 0

truth above all else

Apr 22, 2005
melbourne
✟15,775.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Valkhorn said:
A) Neandrethals did not evolve into humans, it was a dead branch

B) Are you trying to say that scientific fact and factual evidence and faith must be mutually exclusive? That's what it sounds like to me.

irrespective of what it was that evolved to become human, evolutionary philosophy demands that such a transfiguration occurred, hence the conflict between Christian truth and naturally selected thinking

furthermore factual evidence (sic) cannot be in conflict with divine revelation, it is sufficient for you to know that secular knowledge can teach us nothing about Gods revelation that is not contained in that revelation itself

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
truth above all else said:
irrespective of what it was that evolved to become human, evolutionary philosophy demands that such a transfiguration occurred, hence the conflict between Christian truth and naturally selected thinking

furthermore factual evidence (sic) cannot be in conflict with divine revelation, it is sufficient for you to know that secular knowledge can teach us nothing about Gods revelation that is not contained in that revelation itself

Do you accept Creation itself as a divine, authoritative and truthful revelation of God?

Upvote 0

BananaSlug

Life is an experiment, experience it!
Aug 26, 2005
In a House
✟10,782.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
kingzjewel said:
but you agree that knowledge is a gift from God? with that knowledge the tower of babel was built and God had to step in. they got too wise for their own good. I can see that happening again through science and trying to know how things came about...trying to recreate creation...

Nope, knowledge is a gift from the serpent.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
kingzjewel said:
KNOWLEDGE of the difference between good and evil is from the serpent. KNOWLEDGE of only the good is from God...and snippy comments arent necessary.

Nitpick: Knowledge of Good and Evil is from God, He did put the tree there afterall.

That Adam and Eve acted at the behest of the serpent to pursue this knowledge for themselves, against God's will, is the essense of the Fall.

Upvote 0