Fundamental Question: Is God Beyond time?

stevenfrancis

Disciple
Dec 28, 2012
United States
Visit site
✟40,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No fault on your part at all. :)

This thread had been started in a forum where it didn't really fit (we try to keep fairly clear lines of what belongs where, so that people can choose the sort of conversation they want to have), and I just moved it to somewhere that it fits better.

If in doubt, most forums have a "Statement of Purpose" that gives you a good idea of what does and doesn't fit there. For example, the Statement of Purpose for this forum is here: Statement of Purpose - Christian Scriptures Statement of Purpose

If in doubt, always check there and it should help! :)
Thank you,
Peace,
Steve

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We believe that God is all knowing, all powerful and beyond time. Christianity states that after people did not follow in God's ways and dismissed Jesus there had to come about a change. The new testament was given because of this.

My question is that if God is above time why couldn't he write a single book that would never need to be updated?

If your talking in the confines of the bible itself (covenant wise) ... it is one book ... its just our perception of it that divides it.

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No fault on your part at all. :)

This thread had been started in a forum where it didn't really fit (we try to keep fairly clear lines of what belongs where, so that people can choose the sort of conversation they want to have), and I just moved it to somewhere that it fits better.

If in doubt, most forums have a "Statement of Purpose" that gives you a good idea of what does and doesn't fit there. For example, the Statement of Purpose for this forum is here: Statement of Purpose - Christian Scriptures Statement of Purpose

If in doubt, always check there and it should help! :)
In the Statement of Purpose:
"All member's who participate in Christian Scriptures are self-identified Christians", and this is listed as a "Christians Only" section.

However, I don't see the OP as identifying as Christian in any of his posts. His profile just says "Other Religion". Shouldn't this thread be in Exploring Christianity or Christian Apologetics?

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We believe that God is all knowing, all powerful and beyond time. Christianity states that after people did not follow in God's ways and dismissed Jesus there had to come about a change. The new testament was given because of this.

My question is that if God is above time why couldn't he write a single book that would never need to be updated?
I have a question for you, if you are still pursuing this: for what purpose do you think He should do that? (Keep in mind, that the bible is written by human hand, and it takes time for humans to write things. It also takes time for the things to happen that the humans are writing about).

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christianity says he wrote the OT and the NT. Thats 2 books.
Actually it is 66 Books. 39 in the OT and 27 in the New, written by over 40 authors over 2000 years or so all inspired by God.
God revealed Himself progressively and then most fully in the Person of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0