Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fascinating interview by Tucker with Jason Whitlock. Check it out below. He touted Kanye's tweet as one of the greatest of all time.

KANYE WEST‏Verified account @kanyewest
You don't have to agree with trump but the mob can't make me not love him. We are both dragon energy. He is my brother. I love everyone. I don't agree with everything anyone does. That's what makes us individuals. And we have the right to independent thought.

9:30 AM - 25 Apr 2018

This goes to the bigger question of why black Americans vote all-in with the democrats. If you're a black American and a Christian I'd love to hear your insights. Whitlock says it's a big mistake. See his comments below. Sure makes sense to me. Whether we're seeing a paradigm shift is hard to say, but I hope we are. But I will say, I'm perplexed that such a high percentage of Americans vote liberal democrat, especially a high percentage of Christians. As Whitlock says, "Our religions is now liberalism, and the Democratic Party is our church..." Hoping this is an edifying discussion.

FS1’s Jason Whitlock: Liberalism ‘Hazardous’ to Black Families

“[N]inety to 95 percent of us are afraid to even admit that we have conservative values, and we’ve moved away from our church upbringing. We’ve been the most religious people in America for hundreds of years, and we’re moving more secular, we’re moving away from the church. Our religion now is liberalism, and the Democratic Party is our church, and it’s just not working for us.”
He also said,

“I think us as African-Americans — we have to examine why are we the only ethnic group that has gone in wholly with one political party,” Whitlock told host Tucker Carlson. “No one has to compete for our vote. We are chained to an ideology that just isn’t working over the last 50-60 years. Liberalism, the swallowing of it whole, our families have been destroyed, our children lost and confused, our black men incarcerated and emasculated, and we’ve moved away from the traditional values that have always defined us. I think we’ve made a mistake.”

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whitlock is addressing one-half of the solution.

It is, partially, the responsibility of the oppressed to make as much of their freedoms as they can.

But it is the responsibility of the society ... to make good on it's promises of freedom to all of it's citizens.

Only a fool would say that emancipation meant nothing, that voting rights mean nothing, that equal access to society's facilities and opportunities mean nothing.

Those of us who addressed this issue years ago ultimately understood that BOTH SIDES of the equation have to work. There is work to do on both sides ...

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm struggling to find how liberalism is "harmful" to black families. It's mostly just a lot of whining about people of color supporting Democrats because, as it turns out, Democrats are not the party of "Mexicans are rapists", "build the wall", separating immigrant families, opposition to the Voting Rights Act, etc.

It's just a complete mystery why people of color would want to support Democrats....
Ringo

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm struggling to find how liberalism is "harmful" to black families. It's mostly just a lot of whining about people of color supporting Democrats because, as it turns out, Democrats are not the party of "Mexicans are rapists", "build the wall", separating immigrant families, opposition to the Voting Rights Act, etc.

It's just a complete mystery why people of color would want to support Democrats....
Ringo

Build the wall is actually something that would protect Black American workers. Mexicans are rapists is a lie. Even MLK's niece and nephew repudiated this lie. And separating immigrant families is also also a lie. No one is forcing anyone to stay behind. Nice try.

And you ignored the subject of the OP, which is the typical way liberals treat Black Americans. They ignore the issues hurting the black community and try to distract with temptations to hate conservatives. Exactly the point Whitlock was making.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Build the wall is actually something that would protect Black American workers.

Proof?
[/quote]Mexicans are rapists is a lie. Even MLK's niece and nephew repudiated this lie.[/quote]

You're right it's a lie, but Donny still said it.

And separating immigrant families is also also a lie. No one is forcing anyone to stay behind. Nice try.

Yep...completely voluntary:
After ICE raid, more than 500 kids miss school - CNN
Sessions: Parents, children entering U.S. illegally will be separated

And you ignored the subject of the OP,

I specifically said that OP had provided zero proof of what they were saying.

which is the typical way liberals treat Black Americans. They ignore the issues hurting the black community and try to distract with temptations to hate conservatives. Exactly the point Whitlock was making.

Laugh Laughing Loud GIF - Tenor GIF Keyboard - Bring Personality To Your Conversations | Say more with Tenor

Yes, "temptations to hate conservatives" is just so harmful to black Americans.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...You're right it's a lie, but Donny still said it.

Total lie. You didn't make it up, but you bought the media lies hook, line sinker.

If a parent is a danger to their child, they'll be separated whether you're an immigrant or not. That's called equality under law. Otherwise, we're keeping families together by deporting them all.

I specifically said that OP had provided zero proof of what they were saying.

You really haven't actually said much of anything. You're ignoring the Black Community and trying to change the subject, hoping they don't notice.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Total lie. You didn't make it up, but you bought the media lies hook, line sinker.

Trump: Mexico Not Sending Us Their Best; Criminals, Drug Dealers And Rapists Are Crossing Border

He said what he said. You can whine about "the media" all you want, but your ignorance is on you.

If a parent is a danger to their child, they'll be separated whether you're an immigrant or not. That's called equality under law. Otherwise, we're keeping families together by deporting them all.

How were the parents of those 500 children dangerous?

You really haven't actually said much of anything. You're ignoring the Black Community and trying to change the subject, hoping they don't notice.

Still waiting for that proof of liberalism being "harmful" to the black community, or proof of...anything, really. You're trying very hard to grandstand about "ignoring" the black community, evidently hoping you're going to guilt me into forgetting that you're talking completely out of your backside.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump: Mexico Not Sending Us Their Best; Criminals, Drug Dealers And Rapists Are Crossing Border

He said what he said. You can whine about "the media" all you want, but your ignorance is on you.

Total lie. He never these were the only illegals coming over the border. He said good people were coming over also (though all of them are breaking the law). Why can't you just be honest about this?

How were the parents of those 500 children dangerous?

If you send your child to a foreign country alone, you are an unfit parent. Would you do that to your child?

Still waiting for that proof of liberalism being "harmful" to the black community, or proof of...anything, really. You're trying very hard to grandstand about "ignoring" the black community, evidently hoping you're going to guilt me into forgetting that you're talking completely out of your backside.
Ringo

Look at the statistic Whitlock mentioned. Look at the unrest. Look at the prison percentages. Look at the crime percentages. Get your head of out sand.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Total lie. He never these were the only illegals coming over the border. He said good people were coming over also (though all of them are breaking the law). Why can't you just be honest about this?

We have the man on video saying that Mexicans are rapists. It doesn't matter whether he also said that some were "good people"; if I made a disparaging remark about your mother and added that I was sure she is a nice woman, would that make my comments any less insulting?

If you send your child to a foreign country alone, you are an unfit parent. Would you do that to your child?

The only reason these kids are alone is that the US government separated them from their families. You're being completely disingenuous.

Look at the statistic Whitlock mentioned. Look at the unrest. Look at the prison percentages. Look at the crime percentages. Get your head of out sand.

None of this is proof of anything. But I can see that arguing with someone who constantly denies reality ("No! This video where Trump says 'they're rapists' is not proof that he said that!") is a waste of my time. This has unfortunately become a refrain for me on these forums, but: get a clue and educate yourself.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have the man on video saying that Mexicans are rapists....

Some of the illegal immigrants are. What, you're afraid of the truth?

Yet you can't admit Trump also said many of the illegals are good people? What is with you and the truth?

The only reason these kids are alone is that the US government separated them from their families. You're being completely disingenuous.

Oh come on. Read the news for a change. They send them over unattended.

You can't take reality so you resort to insults.

And this just in:

Report: Cheesecake Factory Employees Berate Black Man Wearing MAGA Cap

Racists leftists at it again. Attacking a guy for STWB (Supporting Trump While Black).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some of the illegal immigrants are. What, you're afraid of the truth?

He didn't say "some" are rapists. He said "they" are rapists. Are you really this disingenuous, or is this some sort of strange performance art?

Trump also said many of the illegals are good people?

Oh, well...that makes it perfectly OK then.
/sarcasm

I guess I'll call your mother bad names and then add that many in your family are good people. That'll totally make it non-insulting for you, right?

Read the news for a change.

You can't take reality

The person who is denying what we have Trump on video saying is accusing me of denying reality.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lvwH1BnfSuo/S5FMONeCC9I/AAAAAAAAAZQ/1r9QMbatdos/s400/irony-meter.gif

I just....I don't know what to say. You've taken denial of reality to an art form.
Leaving Jerry Seinfeld GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Read a book, the news....anything. You're just ignorant.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm struggling to find how liberalism is "harmful" to black families. It's mostly just a lot of whining about people of color supporting Democrats because, as it turns out, Democrats are not the party of "Mexicans are rapists",

Ringo, hi..
Virtually monolthic Black support predates Trump. The relationship between Black Americans & a modern Democrat party was solidified prior to the last year & a half..

For me, I think the deeper question is, is it beneficial for (any) ethnic group to have little diversity of political opinion.. does it strengthen (or jeopardize) an/any ethnic group to tie it's fate to a single party ?

Guess Whitlock is saying, since the (basically) 50 year political relationship between Black voters & Dem party.. is the Black family better, or worse, off. Are Black families more prosperous & stable now ?
I think it's fair question for any voter to ask his party of allegiance.. peace.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ringo, hi..
Virtually monolthic Black support predates Trump. The relationship between Black Americans & a modern Democrat party was solidified prior to the last year & a half..

For me, I think the deeper question is, is it beneficial for (any) ethnic group to have little diversity of political opinion.. does it strengthen (or jeopardize) an/any ethnic group to tie it's fate to a single party ?

Guess Whitlock is saying, since the (basically) 50 year political relationship between Black voters & Dem party.. is the Black family better, or worse, off. Are Black families more prosperous & stable now ?
I think it's fair question for any voter to ask his party of allegiance.. peace.

Hmmm....so people of color should pick themselves up by the bootstraps and succeed on their own, but the "Democrat" party hasn't done enough to help them succeed?

I think it's funny how you don't even try to keep your talking points consistent.
Ringo

Upvote 0