Frustrating God

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord asked me to go for a walk with Him today, which is not unusual. Among other things we talked about people not listening to Him, and specifically His people not listening to Him. I think I brought up the topic, because I find myself getting frustrated with people posting on this forum over this issue. I need more understanding.

His response surprised me and was not what I thought it would be at all. He told me "Karl they frustrate Me a lot more than they do you!"

Now that didn't seem right to me. I have to be more easily frustrated than Him. He certainly is more understanding that me. How could it be that He gets more frustrated than me. I started to think about what He said to me, considering that perhaps it was because they are supposed to be listening to Him and not me, so it is more personal for Him. Yet as I thought about it He started going over an incident recorded in the Bible.

On the mountain He told Moses to step away because He was going to kill all the Israelites. He also proclaimed to Moses that He was going to destroy them. And wasn't it on this mountain that the Lord proclaimed Himself to be a loving God, slow to anger. Yet His frustration from the people not listening to Him had gotten so much that that His righteous anger was going to cause an end to them, except that Moses interceded. Still, was not Moses not also frustrated with those people. So much so that Moses threw down the Law and broke it even commanding that one brother should kill another.

So indeed, Moses frustration was great but it was he that interceded for that rebellious people who refused to listen to the Lord their God. His frustration was not as great as God's who even Moses knew was far more loving and patience than himself.

I just want people to know, that if I come across frustrated with other Christians who will not listen to the Lord I still am not as frustrated with them as the Lord is. I still pray that they would turn back to Him and listen to Him.

He really is worth listening to. He surprises you when you find out how much He wants His people to listen to Him, and how He will listen to you if you just listen to Him.

The Spirit of God once to me:

WHEN WE TALK TO GOD, GOD TALKS TO US……. WHEN WE LISTEN TO GOD, GOD LISTENS TO US!

Reactions: Arc F1

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Lord asked me to go for a walk with Him today, which is not unusual. Among other things we talked about people not listening to Him, and specifically His people not listening to Him. I think I brought up the topic, because I find myself getting frustrated with people posting on this forum over this issue. I need more understanding.

Not sure what you mean that you're frustrated by people on this forum over this issue? What exactly do you mean that they claim they can't hear from God?

His response surprised me and was not what I thought it would be at all. He told me "Karl they frustrate Me a lot more than they do you!"

Now that didn't seem right to me. I have to be more easily frustrated than Him. He certainly is more understanding that me. How could it be that He gets more frustrated than me.

Well one thing you said later because it can be personal. Take for example how many, many, many keep saying among his children, "I just need more faith" That is faith that God will do something for them. If a dear friend or loved one said they'd do something for you....pick you up at 3:00 pm and take you out for a coffee.....and you said, "Well look I know you said you would but you know what, I just need more faith that you'll do it" How would that make you feel? Insulted. You love them but you feel insulted. As I said...PERSONAL.

He really is worth listening to. He surprises you when you find out how much He wants His people to listen to Him, and how He will listen to you if you just listen to Him.

I really sense this is a message that God is really emphasizing throughout the body right now. It seems like I'm seeing everybody talking about this. I think God is saying it's time to set aside the natural mind once and for all. We need to lock into a spiritual mind and it's a MUST for the days ahead. A lot of the problem I think is because people tend to envision God as millions of miles away. Up in Heaven. In another world.

But the truth is he's with the person every moment of their lives think of it as sitting in the room with them and the only time they talk to him is when they say grace. We need to practise the presence of God many, many times a day.....act like he's really there with you and the REAL truth is....HE'S IN US......if you almost have to pretend that he is....then do it.......and one will become delighted to find he actually does start talking back. That's what I've been discovering to be true. :)

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Now that didn't seem right to me. I have to be more easily frustrated than Him. He certainly is more understanding that me. How could it be that He gets more frustrated than me. I started to think about what He said to me, considering that perhaps it was because they are supposed to be listening to Him and not me, so it is more personal for Him. Yet as I thought about it He started going over an incident recorded in the Bible.

On the mountain He told Moses to step away because He was going to kill all the Israelites. He also proclaimed to Moses that He was going to destroy them. And wasn't it on this mountain that the Lord proclaimed Himself to be a loving God, slow to anger. Yet His frustration from the people not listening to Him had gotten so much that that His righteous anger was going to cause an end to them, except that Moses interceded. Still, was not Moses not also frustrated with those people. So much so that Moses threw down the Law and broke it even commanding that one brother should kill another.

So indeed, Moses frustration was great but it was he that interceded for that rebellious people who refused to listen to the Lord their God. His frustration was not as great as God's who even Moses knew was far more loving and patience than himself.

I just want people to know, that if I come across frustrated with other Christians who will not listen to the Lord I still am not as frustrated with them as the Lord is. I still pray that they would turn back to Him and listen to Him.

WHEN WE TALK TO GOD, GOD TALKS TO US……. WHEN WE LISTEN TO GOD, GOD LISTENS TO US!

Psalm 100:3
Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.

We often lose sight of this ... He never does ;o)

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 100:3
Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.

We often lose sight of this ... He never does ;o)
Yes - we are His people - but Isaiah wrote:

Is 1:2,3 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth;
For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up,
But they have revolted against Me.
An ox knows its owner,
And a donkey its master’s manger,
But Israel does not know,
My people do not understand.”

So do we listen to Him, the Lord our God, or not? Do we know Him like an ox knows its owner or not?

It is great to say that we are His people, but if we don't listen we don't understand, and we frustrate Him, not that He doesn't know that we are His people but because we don't understand! We don't listen to Him and hear His words to us! Which brings us to another place-- Is

Is 1:5 Where will you be stricken again,
As you continue in your rebellion?
The whole head is sick
And the whole heart is faint.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes - we are His people - but Isaiah wrote:

Is 1:2,3 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth;
For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up,
But they have revolted against Me.
An ox knows its owner,
And a donkey its master’s manger,
But Israel does not know,
My people do not understand.”

So do we listen to Him, the Lord our God, or not? Do we know Him like an ox knows its owner or not?

It is great to say that we are His people, but if we don't listen we don't understand, and we frustrate Him, not that He doesn't know that we are His people but because we don't understand! We don't listen to Him and hear His words to us! Which brings us to another place-- Is

Is 1:5 Where will you be stricken again,
As you continue in your rebellion?
The whole head is sick
And the whole heart is faint.

sure ... we often need to just

Be still .... and know I am God.

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sure ... we often need to just

Be still .... and know I am God.

Yes -we often need to be still and know He is God...

Yet when we say 'He' we are pointing to someone!

Who is that someone, and why can we say "He" thereby pointing to Him?

His name is called the Word of God, because He speaks to us. He also went by "I AM" because He is always with us. So if I am still and knowing He is God it is because I am listening to Him who is with me!!!

So often people read that "be still and know I Am God" and don't make the connection with Him! They say in their heart that He is dead or in a far off placed called heaven! Paul wrote about this in Romans 10. So they say to themselves I will be still and just contemplate on God being somewhere way out there in heaven looking down on me. That is what be still and know His is God, is to many Christians, yet that is not what is written!!!

It is written Ps 46:10 Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

We need to know the One talking to us is God!!!

But if we are not listening to Him then we might be thinking that 'He who is in a far off place is God' but we are not listening to Him who is talking to us! There is a big difference!! Yet we often present it as the same thing! He did not say be still and know that He is God! He said 'know that I am God" So we should not actually be telling others to be still and know that He is God, but we should be telling other to be still and seek the Lord to see what He has to say. Then they will be hear Him talking to them and that the great I AM is God.

Is it just an argument over semantics?

Why did you write what you wrote? Did you not miss understand that OP? It was not about me being frustrated, it was about God being frustrated because His people don't listen to Him. So did you go and listen to Him or did you try to calm me down? Did you not misunderstand? God's people misunderstand! They don't understand that He wants them listening to Him!

Before even opening up this thread again, and knowing what the response was, I asked Him if there was something I should write?

He replied "WHY NOT NOW?"

And He, the One I know is God, continued "I ask them to listen to Me and they say 'ok' but they don't. I tell them I AM, but they still don't seek Me. I let them know the Word is near them, in their heart and on their lips, but they don't listen. I tell them I stand at the door knocking with my voice, but with their ears they don't ear."

Honestly, He sounded a bit frustrated with His people. He doesn't ever sound that way when Him and I are just talking about the things and problems in my life. Yet He is not happy that His people ignore Him. Yeah, they say they will listen to Him but do they? There is nothing new under the sun. Consider the follow verses:

Mal 2 “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart. “Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the [refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it.

Have you not ever heard the Lord talk like that? Can you not seek that He was frustrated, even with His priests, for not listening to Him? That was what the OP was about, my friend.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes -we often need to be still and know He is God...

Yet when we say 'He' we are pointing to someone!

Who is that someone, and why can we say "He" thereby pointing to Him?

His name is called the Word of God, because He speaks to us. He also went by "I AM" because He is always with us. So if I am still and knowing He is God it is because I am listening to Him who is with me!!!

So often people read that "be still and know I Am God" and don't make the connection with Him! They say in their heart that He is dead or in a far off placed called heaven! Paul wrote about this in Romans 10. So they say to themselves I will be still and just contemplate on God being somewhere way out there in heaven looking down on me. That is what be still and know His is God, is to many Christians, yet that is not what is written!!!

It is written Ps 46:10 Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

We need to know the One talking to us is God!!!

But if we are not listening to Him then we might be thinking that 'He who is in a far off place is God' but we are not listening to Him who is talking to us! There is a big difference!! Yet we often present it as the same thing! He did not say be still and know that He is God! He said 'know that I am God" So we should not actually be telling others to be still and know that He is God, but we should be telling other to be still and seek the Lord to see what He has to say. Then they will be hear Him talking to them and that the great I AM is God.

Is it just an argument over semantics?

Why did you write what you wrote? Did you not miss understand that OP? It was not about me being frustrated, it was about God being frustrated because His people don't listen to Him. So did you go and listen to Him or did you try to calm me down? Did you not misunderstand? God's people misunderstand! They don't understand that He wants them listening to Him!

Before even opening up this thread again, and knowing what the response was, I asked Him if there was something I should write?

He replied "WHY NOT NOW?"

And He, the One I know is God, continued "I ask them to listen to Me and they say 'ok' but they don't. I tell them I AM, but they still don't seek Me. I let them know the Word is near them, in their heart and on their lips, but they don't listen. I tell them I stand at the door knocking with my voice, but with their ears they don't ear."

Honestly, He sounded a bit frustrated with His people. He doesn't ever sound that way when Him and I are just talking about the things and problems in my life. Yet He is not happy that His people ignore Him. Yeah, they say they will listen to Him but do they? There is nothing new under the sun. Consider the follow verses:

Mal 2 “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart. “Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the [refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it.

Have you not ever heard the Lord talk like that? Can you not seek that He was frustrated, even with His priests, for not listening to Him? That was what the OP was about, my friend.

wasn't disagreeing with you ... was just bringing out some other points ... so calm dow LOL ... yes of course we should listen to the Lord.

Upvote 0

flowergirl67

May 17, 2020
Goodlettsville
✟10,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

How can someone build a closer relationship with God and hear his voice more often? Sometimes I feel like I'm far from Him or like he isn't listening to me.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can someone build a closer relationship with God and hear his voice more often? Sometimes I feel like I'm far from Him or like he isn't listening to me.

Someone can build a closer relationship with the Lord and that is what He wants.

In the last part of Hebrews 5 discusses being dull of hearing and about how practice makes your senses better. Just like practice is need to make a person a better piano player, so practicing hearing makes your hearing better. And like getting to know your neighbor better is done through conversations, so getting to know the Lord better is done through conversations.

Also, I think all who seek Him find that it sometimes it seems to be easy to hear from Him and harder at other times. Still, He is always there and is not rude so as to not answer, nor is He slow to answer like we think. So why does it sometimes seem hard to hear from Him?

The answer is that we hear Him by faith, and there are things to understand about our faith. One thing to understand is that we get blown around in the wind, so to speak. Jesus talking about John the Baptist explained that He was the greatest born of woman, but would be least in heaven. Jesus also asked what people went out to see, a reed blowing in the wind? So even John the Baptist's faith in Jesus Christ got blown around in the wind (by spirits). One day John was seeing the Spirit descending on and proclaiming Jesus to be the One he was not worthy of, and the next thing you know John is sending his disciples to find out who Jesus is.

That is like us at our best! One day we are sure the One talking to us is the Lord Jesus Christ,and the next day we are doubting if it really was Him! The first words that snake said were, 'Did God really say'. So that serpent of Old and his, cause us to doubt.

So what is the solution, or how can we deal with that?

Since we are men of little faith, we often need to make our questions to Him easier for us to believe for!! Then build up to harder things to believe for. This helps me.

For example, there is something written about how God guides our steps. So take you questions down to the next step to take instead of where you want to get to. So instead of asking the Lord for a job ask Him what you need to do next to get a job. Instead of asking God for a car ask Him what He needs you to do next because you need a car. Make you questions concerning the step you need to take instead of the outcome.

Another thing that make it easier to hear Him is asking Him question that don't require much faith to believe for. The Lord loves answering question, any questions, so ask Him anything unimportant to you. Those questions don't take much faith to believe for, but get a conversation going. Then because it is written that faith comes from hearing, you will find your faith to hear Him for answers that are important to you because easier to hear.

Still, He is always there and love us. That is a fact. So let us remember that and work on our hearing Him by faith.

Reactions: flowergirl67
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wasn't disagreeing with you ... was just bringing out some other points ... so calm dow LOL ... yes of course we should listen to the Lord.

Lod and See - again you are worried about calming me down instead of seeking the Lord, which what I was trying to get people to do.

I appreciate what you were trying to do (calm me down) but that is not what He is asking you to do!!!

He is asking you to listen to Him!!!

I see this in many well-meaning Christians, but it is still leaning on their own understanding instead of listening to Him!!!

Now I don't turn to other Christians to calm me down, I turn to the Prince of Peace. This can be seen in the OP!!!

Indeed, I explained in the OP that I was talking to Him about how it is frustrating dealing with Christian who don't hear from Him. And frankly, this thread is a good example of what I was talking about. EG - I am telling other Christians how it is important to listen to Him, but instead of listening to Him they just say 'calm down', but without listening to Him. We need to be zealous for Him, that people will get to know Him. But if I am zealous for Him and asking others to listen to Him, they say 'calm down' so who are they listening too? Not Him! If you are not hot or cold He will spit you out of His mouth, and you won't hear Him.

And in the OP, I explained that He surprised me. Frankly, I was expecting Him to tell me to 'calm down', or tell me that He had a plan, or that it was all taken care of. But He did not say to calm down. Indeed, Him was telling me that concerning this issue of people not listening to Him was something that He was more frustrated with than I was. It was the issue that almost got all the Israelites destroy before they got to the promise land!! They would have been if not for Moses interceding for them.

So do we want to be calm concerning this issue of people not listening to Him? Were the prophets of old calm about this issue? What about those writers of the New Testament, were they calm on this issue of people listening to Him?

Gal 3:1,2 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly. portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Does it sound like Paul was calm about the issue of hearing Him by faith? NO - It certainly doesn't.

So hearing the Lord gives you an understanding of the Bible. There is an issue in which the Lord is not calling you to be calm about, and that issue has to do with His people not hearing Him by faith!!!

Of course is we don't hear by faith, we might not understand this.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lod and See - again you are worried about calming me down instead of seeking the Lord, which what I was trying to get people to do.

I appreciate what you were trying to do (calm me down) but that is not what He is asking you to do!!!

He is asking you to listen to Him!!!

I see this in many well-meaning Christians, but it is still leaning on their own understanding instead of listening to Him!!!

Now I don't turn to other Christians to calm me down, I turn to the Prince of Peace. This can be seen in the OP!!!

Indeed, I explained in the OP that I was talking to Him about how it is frustrating dealing with Christian who don't hear from Him. And frankly, this thread is a good example of what I was talking about. EG - I am telling other Christians how it is important to listen to Him, but instead of listening to Him they just say 'calm down', but without listening to Him. We need to be zealous for Him, that people will get to know Him. But if I am zealous for Him and asking others to listen to Him, they say 'calm down' so who are they listening too? Not Him! If you are not hot or cold He will spit you out of His mouth, and you won't hear Him.

And in the OP, I explained that He surprised me. Frankly, I was expecting Him to tell me to 'calm down', or tell me that He had a plan, or that it was all taken care of. But He did not say to calm down. Indeed, Him was telling me that concerning this issue of people not listening to Him was something that He was more frustrated with than I was. It was the issue that almost got all the Israelites destroy before they got to the promise land!! They would have been if not for Moses interceding for them.

So do we want to be calm concerning this issue of people not listening to Him? Were the prophets of old calm about this issue? What about those writers of the New Testament, were they calm on this issue of people listening to Him?

Gal 3:1,2 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly. portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Does it sound like Paul was calm about the issue of hearing Him by faith? NO - It certainly doesn't.

So hearing the Lord gives you an understanding of the Bible. There is an issue in which the Lord is not calling you to be calm about, and that issue has to do with His people not hearing Him by faith!!!

Of course is we don't hear by faith, we might not understand this.

I'm not worried about anything.

and also, I'm not disagreeing with you ... His word is the primary vehicle used to communicate with mankind and yes .... we are to be admit about it and study it (daily).
It is studying His Word and through it the Holy Spirit brings us understanding and we are to listen to both.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit (Holy Spirit) who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

I don't believe God gets frustrated .... He does get angry at times.

Frustration definition - feeling or expressing distress and annoyance, especially because of inability to change or achieve something.

God doesn't have any inabilities --- we do.

so just saying ... using the Word frustration in relation to God is not descriptive of His character.

Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Hebrews 12:2

Berean Study Bible
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

flowergirl67

May 17, 2020
Goodlettsville
✟10,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you! I will definitely follow your advice and seek God in this manner!
Someone can build a closer relationship with the Lord and that is what He wants.

In the last part of Hebrews 5 discusses being dull of hearing and about how practice makes your senses better. Just like practice is need to make a person a better piano player, so practicing hearing makes your hearing better. And like getting to know your neighbor better is done through conversations, so getting to know the Lord better is done through conversations.

Also, I think all who seek Him find that it sometimes it seems to be easy to hear from Him and harder at other times. Still, He is always there and is not rude so as to not answer, nor is He slow to answer like we think. So why does it sometimes seem hard to hear from Him?

The answer is that we hear Him by faith, and there are things to understand about our faith. One thing to understand is that we get blown around in the wind, so to speak. Jesus talking about John the Baptist explained that He was the greatest born of woman, but would be least in heaven. Jesus also asked what people went out to see, a reed blowing in the wind? So even John the Baptist's faith in Jesus Christ got blown around in the wind (by spirits). One day John was seeing the Spirit descending on and proclaiming Jesus to be the One he was not worthy of, and the next thing you know John is sending his disciples to find out who Jesus is.

That is like us at our best! One day we are sure the One talking to us is the Lord Jesus Christ,and the next day we are doubting if it really was Him! The first words that snake said were, 'Did God really say'. So that serpent of Old and his, cause us to doubt.

So what is the solution, or how can we deal with that?

Since we are men of little faith, we often need to make our questions to Him easier for us to believe for!! Then build up to harder things to believe for. This helps me.

For example, there is something written about how God guides our steps. So take you questions down to the next step to take instead of where you want to get to. So instead of asking the Lord for a job ask Him what you need to do next to get a job. Instead of asking God for a car ask Him what He needs you to do next because you need a car. Make you questions concerning the step you need to take instead of the outcome.

Another thing that make it easier to hear Him is asking Him question that don't require much faith to believe for. The Lord loves answering question, any questions, so ask Him anything unimportant to you. Those questions don't take much faith to believe for, but get a conversation going. Then because it is written that faith comes from hearing, you will find your faith to hear Him for answers that are important to you because easier to hear.

Still, He is always there and love us. That is a fact. So let us remember that and work on our hearing Him by faith.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His word is the primary vehicle used to communicate with mankind and yes .... we are to be admit about it and study it (daily).

We tend to use the phrase "Word of God" to refer to both the Scriptures and Jesus Christ. If we listen to the Lord via that small voice of His He will be the Word of God to us, and the Bible will be the sacred writings! If we don't listen to His small voice then the lines of text in the Scriptures become the Word of God to us b default. Isaiah explained this:

Is 28:12,13,He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order,
Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

So if you do not listen to Him, the word of the Lord to you will be "Line on line" and that so you may go stumbling backwards!!!

Now when I am asking people, His people, to seek the voice of the Lord I mean listening to His voice not reading His book. And when I tell you that He is frustrated with His people not listening to Him, I do not mean reading the Bible I mean listening to the small voice of His!

So who writes "we are to be admit about it and study it"???

Jesus Christ is a person and His name is called "The Word of God"!! You listen to Him and interact with Him, and reason with Him, and get to know Him - you don't study Him. That does not mean you should not study the Bible. What teacher does not put in front of His students today a book? So you study the book and listen to the Teacher!!

That is obvious, but not obvious to those who don't know Him!!

Now say you are the Teacher, and you have many students who you have given your Book to. Then you see that they study the Book but don't show up to class to listen to you. How are you going to feel about them. Perhaps frustrated with them? And what grade do you give them when judgement comes? Do they pass the class which they never showed up for, or do they fail? And if they never showed up for class, are they your disciple, your pupil, or your student? Do you even know them, since they never came to your class to listen to you?

Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

My friends - this section of the Christian Forum is called Discipleship: Following Jesus! His sheep hear His voice. He leads them out with His voice. The Bible explains all this. It explains that if you don't listen then the lines of text become the word of God to you! Then you write that we study the Word of God instead of listen to Him? You read but you did not seek Him. You then are not His disciple! You are not following Jesus, but your own understanding! And don't you think He gets a bit frustrated with you?

I do - how many times do have I talked clearly about hearing His voice only to see someone write that studying their Bible is hearing His voice? Do they not still understand that He, our Lord Jesus Christ is a person whom we get to know and we learn from as our Teacher? Still, I try to be calm and explain this over and over and over. Did I not provide you with enough Scriptures to back up what I say. Compare the number of Scriptures I use verses what you use. I can give you plenty more. But that is not my purpose.

He once told me "Karl, I want you to preach the Word, but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM the Word of God." Do you need a Scripture or two to back that up. I can give you a hundred, but here are two.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Seek Him who was in the beginning and listen to what He has to say to you. Make Him your Lord - and if your are not sure what Lord is - a Lord is someone who gives you instructions. You will hear His words! and His words are spirit!! His words are not ink on paper but the Word of God we preach is found in your heart and on your lips!!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

I have gone long, but so that you might seek Him and listen to Him!! Why not believe what you read in the Bible you study?

Upvote 0