Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So you would argue that arsonists understand their violations viscerally, and have no need for actual moral understanding, in order to correct their behavior?
I'm talking about us here. Thread participants are the ones we get to talk right and wrong with. No one else.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Post #201.

Notice the word "some." This speaks specifically of those who are arsonists. I did not compare these arsonists to gas prices.

I'm glad that we got this cleared up.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thou shalt not!
then go to gas stations with a bucket of soap and water and volunteer your services and clean the stickers off. take an Instagram photo with the caption "Christ did that"

Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
then go to gas stations with a bucket of soap and water and volunteer your services and clean the stickers off. take an Instagram photo with the caption "Christ did that"
What about the buildings that were burned down?

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Apparently not.

People who know the camel is wrong cant seem to discern how the same principle applies to the gnat.
Your unproven assertion doesn't change the fact that complaining about a sticker but not paint graffiti and arson is the definition of straining a gnat and swallowing a camel.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
yes, that would work for a type of organized group of self-declared arsonists (or declared through a jury of their peers).

So you assert that a group of arsonists must fit one of these three criteria, in order to be considered a group of arsonists?:

1.) They are organized.

Where do they officially file? Are they entitled to file under 503 (c)?

2.) They make the declaration that they are a group of arsonists.

That's awfully polite, should they show up to burn me out of my home.

3.) They must be declared so by a jury, even if they are tried individually.

This seems complicated.

• Haha
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Should I take my rifle with me?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw what was left of this one on a pump today.

s-l400.jpg

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Your unproven assertion doesn't change the fact that complaining about a sticker but not paint graffiti and arson is the definition of straining a gnat and swallowing a camel.
False. This thread is about the topic. There's no requirement to state your position on every other crime out there in order to say this is wrong, and why its wrong.

If you cant express why this is wrong, then youre vulnerable to participating or at least supporting the big crimes because you lack moral understanding.

Its a good little test case. Whats more important: politics or morals?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What about the buildings that were burned down?
as Christians, our position should be missional, not as a platform to be political. if there is mass damage of property there is someone suffering or in need which can extend to the person who caused the damage too and that's where our focus should be (and this works with minor damage as well with acts of kindness to counter the damage). if you have 2 of something then Christ tells you to give 1 to the person without and I suppose that can apply to buildings. So if that happens to be you then you can consider Christ's words in Luke 3:11

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Notice the word "some." This speaks specifically of those who are arsonists. I did not compare these arsonists to gas prices.

I'm glad that we got this cleared up.
Oh, you really burned me on that one.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
as Christians, our position should be missional, not as a platform to be political. if there is mass damage of property there is someone suffering or in need which can extend to the person who caused the damage too and that's where our focus should be. if you have 2 of something then Christ tells you to give 1 to the person without and I suppose that can apply to buildings. So if that happens to be you then you can consider Christ's words in Luke 3:11
But many of the buildings were all that people people owned. Do you have any extra buildings to replace them?

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Maybe these incidents go largely unreported because the owners like the stickers. Maybe they are putting the stickers on the pumps themselves.
That might be true in some cases. People who have to pay a lot at the pump might be mad at the owner, who really has the LEAST amount of influence on the prices he demands.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you assert that a group of arsonists must fit one of these three criteria, in order to be considered a group of arsonists?:

1.) They are organized.

Where do they officially file? Are they entitled to file under 503 (c)?

2.) They make the declaration that they are a group of arsonists.

That's awfully polite, should they show up to burn me out of my home.

3.) They must be declared so by a jury, even if they are tried individually.

This seems complicated.
jury was my chosen word to represent the legal system at large. but innocent until proven guilty is the judicial way and more to my point so if you have an assertion that x group are y then you need to support that.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But many of the buildings were all that people people owned. Do you have any extra buildings to replace them?
I am among the group without so no I can't. But there is a greater concept here of reaching people in their need by countering their loss with gain. that can be literal and it's effective if you have the means, it can be sacrificial like helping a gas bar owner to clean their pumps, or cleaning up a site of a burnt building and it can also be spiritual not to exploit the need but to give hope in hopelessness but probably works better when it's a bit of all of that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.