• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

From Sociopath to Child Of God?

Angelod

Aug 12, 2016
Cincinnati
✟18,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The following message is an email I gave to my dear friend named kathy, someone ive known for almost 13 years, last night I believe I`ve fully given myself to christ, although a lot of work needs to be done, I think im on the right path....finally. This email took me 75 minutes to write with no breaks, all while going to work immediately after this. Anyone has questions or concerns please PM me after reading the entire message, thank you for your time and consideration.

Today was the most ground breaking days of my life, Iam wiping real tears from my eyes after crying to my small group at church for nearly 2hrs just...just letting it all out.

Here is what happened, as you know I haven't been sleeping well, been plagued with thoughts of Rebecca, its been bad. I mean really bad, after the chronic dreaming of her and the fear of spencer finding out. I got ready for church, well becca messaged me and said she wanted us to meet at the coffee shop up the street from the church.

for some reason I really thanked her for being my friend, explained how no one at school gave me a passing thought. But she did, I also said that I respect spencer, the church, marriage, and her too much to jeopardize anything.

She thanked me for explaining that, she first said I wasn't a threat to her marriage in any way shape or form, I nodded and was happy to hear that. She said she was concerned that this might happen back over a year ago. I told her I liked cassie, who is happily married and is a Christian counselor. She was worried this may happen because, just like her, cassie was nice to me, whether it was out of pity or fear or genuine, it doesn't matter. Becca was the same, she was nice, this caused things to get twisted over time, she was wondering if this would happen, so she was on her guard even over a year ago. She invited me to church but ALWAYS wanted me to talk to people, this was the reason why.

I was stuck to her and she was worried I would develop feelings, which she said was wrong to have for her, a married woman, I agreed, she also said that I spent more time around her at church than her husband. Which she said was innapropiate, I once again agreed, my head was done, I could barely look at her in the eye. She said that she was worried when I told her that I would use this as an excuse to completely cut off the church and go right back to solitary.

This what was exactly on my mind for the past 2 weeks, this is why I was so mentally thrashed, I was really considering sacrificing the church, becca, pete, axis, my small group, community, all to shut down my feelings because I was simply scared to feel. She said I NEEDED to STILL come to the church and go to the events and small group, she even said I don't have to switch the group I'm in, but there MUST be barriers. She said she has been giving me space over a year ago, but due to me telling her she had to accelerate it big time. I accepted and agreed with that, she also said that there are guys there that really wanted to get to know me. I needed them more than I needed her, because of feelings that could and did develop over time, it was time to move on from her and meet new people.

I once again agreed, She said I was syphoning and draining her long, and I mean long ago, back when she was my tutor. I was all over here in the sense, this is when she started to worry if I would get feelings for her. She also said that feelings are not bad, but this one was just skewed and I needed to sort through them, that was all, she also said that God gave me feelings and the need to be loved, whether or not I wanted to admit it or whether or not I knew that very fact was something me and pete would have to talk about. But what I was feeling was normal, she was not mad, but she said I should have not told her at all. She said this was something me and Pete needed to tackle, she needed to be left out of it.

She also said that since she knew she did infact told spencer that day I told her, hes not mad, they both agreed that this was something that could happen because I only spent time around them. She explained to me that I was obsessed with them, I entered church when they entered, I left when they left, I only talked to them, I really layed it on them and was smothering them, I looked back at how Ive always been when it came to just relationships with people. They have always been black and white, extreme, manic, borderline personality traits and then it would crash into manipulation and always ended in destruction by illegal means. This was the problem, I agreed with her, she also said that she will no longer be accepting or responding to any messages she gets from me. I just went on messenger and blocked her from my contacts and facebook. I just did it with no feeling. She also said that we are still friends, but we needed to separate so that I could get better with other people and have a community of guy friends, just not her.

I accepted all of this and told her that I was sorry and didn't mean for this to happen, at all. She knew I was telling the truth, she also said that she will be distancing herself from me after small group, before small group and church. She will talk to her friends and I will have to find my own, she also said that I have revealed just, way, way too much stuff to her all at once. She saw this with cassie and she was concerned that I would do the same thing,I did, almost immediately I told her a whole bunch of stuff that was really needed for Nicole, but this was before Nicole.

I looked back on how I talked with people in the past, every time I literally poured out my heart to them for no reason, begging them to be my friend, they befriended me out of possible fear and kept me hidden from their real friends. This is why my mom told me people have been scared of me since I was 6, she told me this just last year.

Anyway I told her how I don't lust for her, this was different, she understood this was a crush, not a sex filled lust obsession. I told her that to make her believe that, I know better, she knows better, she also told me that she got along with boys more than girls. But her mom told her that boys will be your friend than they really want to be your friend, you are who you hang around, this is true and I agreed. This is exactly what happened, I just wanted to be a friend, than I REALLY wanted to be her friend. It just happened, I blame no one but myself here.

She said that she will encourage me to go to church and small group but other than that shes not responding to me anymore, I accepted that and was relieved. I got up mentally happy, distorted, messed up and drove to church, I left the coffee shop smiling. Heres why....

I had been looking at hidden camera equipment without anyone knowing today, I had been in a BAD possession and obsession to find a way to record up beccas dress, well they were legit made watches that have little HD cameras in them that record without any lights flashing. I had my mom give me more money than I really needed, just so I can order this thing by Saturday. That means if I got the camera Saturday, I could tinker with it and prepare to record her at church. This was on my mind ALL FREAKING NIGHT, I actually don't know how I got any work done last night, I compartmentalized I guess.

Well I did it, I finally did it, I recorded beccas legs in jeans while we talked, 31 minutes of my rock bottom, I had sacrificed becca trust in order to have "more" of her. But I didn't feel good about what I had done, I felt......sad.....hurt.....disgusted. I didn't even look at the vid. I drove to church, I was bothered, I was holding back something but I didn't know what.

After the sermon ended, we went to small group, and I just flat out cried, bad, and I mean bad, there was no lie I could tell myself, there was nothing I could say, no joke I could tell, no antic I could pull off to get my mind off of my remorse, my guilt, my sorrow over what I had done. For the first time my conscience had come into play, I had broken past the wall of the diagnosis that was given unto me over 2 years ago. The Anti-Social Personality Disorder label, the sociopath label, the sex offender label, everything, and I mean everything came through my eyes, tears made from years of holding everything inside because I was told boys don't cry. Because I was told to man up when I was still a child, everything had come full circle officially. The group was silent, I really was mumbling my words but I got some sentences out. Here is what I said, with every fiber in my heart

I traded my soul and conscience for knowledge of this world and found myself by myself.

I knew everything this world had to offer, except god,

I wanted to smile like everyone else, I envied other people who died because I really wanted to die so that I could finally sleep good at night.

I told them the darkness had been there for me more so than my own parents

I wanted to be right more so than being liked and loved

I wanted to feel alive, I was so used to death I didn't think I had a guardian angel

I needed to make a covenant with my eyes, my heart, my mind, my thoughts and my spirit

I needed to get rebaptized by this year

I had posted stuff on facebook years ago and I was fearing I would be killed early in life because of it and I knew where I was going in the end.

I wanted what they had, friends, relationships, just something other than nothing.

I was tired of being in the dark, the light hurt me but the darkness hurt me much more than anything that has happened to me in this world.

My hands were shaking, snot running down my nose, I was a broken, complete, utter, destroyed mess and I needed a saivor. I was given a tissue and its been 3hrs and its still damp. My small group surrounded me in prayer, people were crying, hard

Everyone prayed for me, becca prayed and broke down in MASSIVE tears. She was having such a hard time saying the words that I needed to hear, I think when she cried I cried in sync with her the most and hardest.

After everyone prayed for me I sat there, for 2hrs just wondering what had happened. I noticed something, the thoughts of becca that had haunted me for nearly a month went away. In an instant, I no longer was under that trance to violate her by recording up her dress.

I was no longer captivated by her pantyhose last sunday, I didn't know what had happened, but I knew I had to accept it, and nothing would ever be the same again.

My car may need a new transmission so I cant see pete tomorrow after I get off work, but I`m going to tell him what has happened, he needs to know, he understands lust and he can help me sort my feelings towards becca.

I sat there for 2hrs trying to understand what happened, everyone from group came to me on a personal level, including spencer, and said that I had a good heart and that I truly wanted to know more about God and I truly was home, in the right place. They were obviously concerned but very happy I completely collapsed, years of trying to stick it out on my own and failing, years of living in misery, years of no medicine, confusion, the isolation, shadow people, the feelings of all that had caused me grief, they all felt that, every last one of them.

They were so happy I showed up to small group, I was to, I will do everything in my power to go to church sunday, I will put my phone in my glove box and I will accept what becca is wearing and I will back off and give her space.

I did NOT order the camera, I deleted the video of beccas crotch in jeans.

I will fully give this entire email to Nicole and I will be putting this in my diary and saving it on my computer,

When I took the slow drive to my job, I was silent, still crying and trying to come up with the words to talk to my Father. I didn't know what to say, I was rambling and just not coherent, but I was at peace. I didn't know what to say to him, I didn't know what to do, but I had to get to work and write my most personal, longest, thought out, real, honest, and most ground breaking message to you.

Kathy my dear friend, I`m glad you stuck it out with me, if going through what I have gone through was all for me to get to this very night, I would gladly go through it again to achieve what I had achieved tonight yet again,

I don't know what happened, but everything has melted away from me, I cant put my finger on it, but it was almost like I had to breakdown completely in order to see the light, my future without the darkness. Becca crying and praying for me really got to me, that's all ive been thinking about. Spencer said after I collapsed that its ok to have feelings and emotions, he was supportive, I cried really hard with him, badly. Anyway Ive been typing non stop for an hour, its 1153pm and I need to clock into work, I will see you at 8am.

Take your time with this one, take a few hours to read this, reply each paragraph slowly and carefully.

I don't know what I did tonight, but something happened, on the inside

Will I be tempted by becca again? Yeah sure, but It seems like ive broken through my limits,

Have I fully surrendered myself to Christ? I don't know But I will end this message with a much needed and truly heart felt..

Amen......

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So I read it and I do believe there is hope for you - like you I have had massive obsessions/infatuations/crushes over my life, in some cases an almost worshipful attitude towards their objects. I remember confessing my feelings to my friend's fiance the day he gave her an engagement ring. This was mixed in the background with heavy inappropriate contentography use. There have been some people who I have had to defriend on facebook, simply because the thought of them brought too much joy to me, and they didn't want me in their lives as relationship involvement (although they accepted me as a friend, they also needed space from me kind of like you were describing) and I needed to move on. Women were the 'Higher Power' in my life both on the emotional level and the lower sexual level, which I tended to keep hidden. I looked for all my validation through them; they were alternately God or objects in my mind.

Today, they are People. And some of them are interesting People, and admirable People. And that's OK, because I've become one too.

I do think you had a massive emotional and maybe spiritual experience. I do think seeking God will be key for your salvation, growth and happiness (as it was for mine). I do not think that God 'sees the labels' that have been given to you, He does see you as a Child of God, and you experienced your friends seeing you that way too.

If you are getting pulled towards illegal activity like camera'ing or if you are still addicted to inappropriate contentography, what I would advise (and what I have done) is to enter 12 Step recovery groups. There you will find tight support groups of men (and sometimes women), you will find intimate friends who are seeking to make God the Higher Power of their lives. You can safely share struggles in those groups and they are transformative. You will *both* Help and *be Helped* by these groups.

The two that I am aware of are SA (admits powerlessness over lust, follows a very Christian definition of sexual sobriety) and SLAA (admits powerlessness over sex and love, follows a looser definition, defining bottom line behavior to avoid and cease and top-line behavior to trend towards)

In the past, I identified pretty strongly with both of these, it's possible you might too. The groups have helped me move away from these things, and after 30 years, I am almost 2 years clean of inappropriate contentography, obssessions and emotional or physical infidelity now. If you do identify with these things, look for a group near you and try it out is my advice. Many of the groups also have phone-line meetings if there isn't one near you.

The Problem and the Solution | Sexaholics Anonymous

https://slaafws.org/download/core-files/Characteristics-of-Sex-Love-Addiction.pdf

I would also encourage you to see the movie "Thanks For Sharing" if you can. It follows a couple of characters in 12 Step Recovery for sexual addiction, one of them I remember had a compulsion for cameras like you described. It's a very good movie and captures so much.

Upvote 0

Angelod

Aug 12, 2016
Cincinnati
✟18,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for replying, yes I've been pulled into illegal activity. I've done horrible things, I've stolen and recorded for 16years and have never gotten caught. When social media came about i used it to follow my crushes and save all thier pics and videos. I've stolen pantyhose and underwear and kept them as trophies. These were objects of friendship mixed In with sexuality. It only made me want them more, I finally knew I needed help when I was actually planning of drugging a female friend of mine so that I could molested her in her sleep. I have never gotten that bad again. But I've never truly gotten over that, it changed me. With Becca, I've never gotten that bad. But I've been craving for her clothing so I could be closer to her, I've lost sleep, dreampt of her up to 5x a day, and had mood swings, cried out of confusion and fear. And ultimately video later her rights as a person all to have more of her. I'm so hurt by my actions, I know I have sex offender traits, I'm considering getting castrated to stop this behavior. It's a patterned behavior that comes with anti social personality disorder, my official diagnosis by my psych doctor. I have sociopathic tendecies, I show signs of a sex offender .But God has kept me, I've had very sick, demonic fantasies of strangling my crushes and talking to them after they pass out. This has freaked me out and forced me to not feel, when attraction towards Becca linger into my head, I often come to grips thinking being a eunuch will be best for everyone including society....

Upvote 0

Angelod

Aug 12, 2016
Cincinnati
✟18,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have attended online SAA chat rooms for over a month now, they are concerned about my mental health. I'm currently in therapy and Christian counseling to fight my abnormal lust issue. I don't know what to call this, it's like I go from liking someone as a friend. Then I crave them sexually, manipulate my way into gaining access to thier belongings, stealing thier used undies and pantyhose, then I end up wanting more. I'll plot ways to record up thier dress etc. Then I'll want more .it will finally get to obsessive fantasies of sexual assault. This is my reality, this is my mental health .this is why I feel so isolated. I don't know how I can please God at church and have thoughts of raping a girl I'm sitting next to, all for the sake of getting closer to them. Iam medicated, I take paxil and I get an anti psychotic injection of abilify that lasts 2 months straight. I've had this patterned way of thinking since I was 13. I've had a very long history of killing animals, I did some research and found out people who kill animals usually don't stop and harm people through rape or murder. I got scared, I actually repented my animal killing ways. I went cold turkey on the killing of animals and never looked back. But with the absence of killing animals, I graduated to doing things towards people. I didn't start stealing pantyhose and panties until after I stopped killing animals . When I stopped stealing, my mind evolved into taking advantage of people sexually. I REFUSE to cross another line. I can't imagine me at judgement with the entire world to see my life, and show that I ended up being a sex offender and God crying saying, if only you had listened to that little voice in your head. That was me, and be thrown into hell, all for trophies. All for pantyhose, all for used underwear. I know I'm sick, I know I'm more than likely a sociopath, but I'm lucid enough to admit when I'm out of control and I need help. This is why castration is such a wonderful thing for me to think about, I really beileve if I get castrated that over half of my problems will go away. It's better to go into heaven maimed than to go to hell fully limbed. If it takes me losing my genitals to get closer to God, than so be it....

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If it takes me losing my genitals to get closer to God, than so be it....

Well, there's good news and there's bad news. The good news is it probably won't take you losing your genitals to get closer to God. You've just forgotten what they are there for. They are there to create life, and for you to have a child with someone you love. I guess some people go the physical castration route in extreme cases, and that would be better than grievously harming an innocent. But I doubt it's the testosterone that's really making the difference in your struggle. It's more about what is between your ears and in your heart than what is between your legs.

The bad news is that it IS a struggle, and you are doing some things correctly and making some effort. Definitely continue with therapy, counseling, prayer and appropriately prescribed medication. I'm glad that you have made contact with SAA. However, it will take waayy more than chatting online with them occasionally to make the difference. You are going to need to seek them out and attend physical meetings, probably at least a few a week, get a Sponsor from someone who is in the program and worked the 12 Steps, and then work those steps yourself. Some recovery members when they start and are serious do a 90 and 90 (attend 90 meetings in 90 days, usually some of them by phone, but the majority in person. That's where real relationships are built). I can't speak for SAA literature, but I know the White Book of SA is excellent.

There are some people and places you will need to avoid for a while. You replace those people and places with recovery meetings and recovery people. If all that sounds tough, it is, but if you want to get better, it is a path to getting better. No physical castration required. It's a spiritual castration of lust. And once that is done, there will be room to learn about genuine love.

The really bad news is this

I REFUSE to cross another line.

Left alone, addictions are progressive, and lines will get crossed. I can't say for certain what that will mean for you, but without help, indulging things near or at the brink of the line, you will eventually cross another line. And another. And another. So if you *really* Refuse to cross another line, the only way to do it is to point yourself directly away from the line you are at, and start walking, and get as much help, and *do as much work* as you need to do to make sure you never head there again.

I think we can both agree that it will be worth it; I can tell you it has been in my case. I can tell you I had a gun to my head when I realized what I was becoming and how much this had driven me. I can also tell you I have since sold the gun and I am no longer that person.

You are welcome to message me privately if you want, I'd be happy to help in any way that I can.

Upvote 0