Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just over fifteen years ago, I was making an oath of Satan. 10 years ago, I became a Globalist and adopted Transhumanism. 8 years ago, I realized I was a lesbian. 4 years ago, I came to identify as a male. 2 Years ago, I chose Luciferianism and sought to become an Illuminist. 1 year ago, I wanted it all and would have given anything to get it all.

Just over 6 months ago, my entire cosmology was flipped upside down. 5 months ago, I denounced Satan. 4 months ago, positive change began in my life. 3 months ago, I embraced Christianity. 2 months ago, I accepted the reality of Jesus Christ. 1 month ago, I surrendered my life to Him.

Today?

I'm a whole new creature and while this change has been a struggle, I know that with faith in the Lord my God, I will endure, grow, and someday be ready for the call He has placed on my life.

---
Background

For years, I've studied the Bible, though it wasn't for any reason I'd consider to be good. My intention was hostile towards Christians and Christianity.

My main interests were politics, psychology, theology, ancient history, and space science.

Growing up, I was always given the ability to freely explore various theologies and believe what I wanted, even though my family identifies as Christian.

My childhood obsession was dinosaurs and space. My obsession as a youth was UFOs and space. As a young adult, my obsession was the occult, politics, and space.

---

Statement of intent

I'm here to learn, share and fellowship.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Welcome. It's always refreshing to here how the Lord can break bondages of anyone anywhere in any circumstance and lead them to Himself. May you be blessed on your journey and fellowship here.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Strange Plane, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

That is quite a life story you have, thank you for sharing it with us :)

God bless you! (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)

--David
p.s. - have you been able to find a church (a local body of believers) to be a part of yet?

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
p.s. - have you been able to find a church (a local body of believers) to be a part of yet?

No, and I'm incredibly hesitant to do so at this time, mainly due to the nature of the world and how corrupt things have become, especially bodies of worship. However, I listen to sermons online and plan to fellowship with those I eventually meet, both offline and on.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just over fifteen years ago, I was making an oath of Satan. 10 years ago, I became a Globalist and adopted Transhumanism. 8 years ago, I realized I was a lesbian. 4 years ago, I came to identify as a male. 2 Years ago, I chose Luciferianism and sought to become an Illuminist. 1 year ago, I wanted it all and would have given anything to get it all.

Just over 6 months ago, my entire cosmology was flipped upside down. 5 months ago, I denounced Satan. 4 months ago, positive change began in my life. 3 months ago, I embraced Christianity. 2 months ago, I accepted the reality of Jesus Christ. 1 month ago, I surrendered my life to Him.

Today?

I'm a whole new creature and while this change has been a struggle, I know that with faith in the Lord my God, I will endure, grow, and someday be ready for the call He has placed on my life.

---
Background

For years, I've studied the Bible, though it wasn't for any reason I'd consider to be good. My intention was hostile towards Christians and Christianity.

My main interests were politics, psychology, theology, ancient history, and space science.

Growing up, I was always given the ability to freely explore various theologies and believe what I wanted, even though my family identifies as Christian.

My childhood obsession was dinosaurs and space. My obsession as a youth was UFOs and space. As a young adult, my obsession was the occult, politics, and space.

---

Statement of intent

Wow and welcome!

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, and I'm incredibly hesitant to do so at this time, mainly due to the nature of the world and how corrupt things have become, especially bodies of worship. However, I listen to sermons online and plan to fellowship with those I eventually meet, both offline and on.
Good start. I can’t emphasize enough the joy of fellowship with other brothers and sisters in Christ. I found out being unchurched for too long there was answered prayers in fellowship in person and worshiping with other believers.

Great sermons here:

GTY.org. That’s John MacArhur’s ministry.

There is also a GTY APP which is pretty handy.

Look forward to seeing you post around here. You have quite a testimony that may help some here who are struggling.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Today?

---
Background

---

Statement of intent

I can imagine that there is a lot of yahooing and rejoicing in heaven over your decision to embrace Christ after all that you have been through previously.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I know churches, even the best of them, are not perfect, but it is incredibly important, particularly for a young believer such as yourself, to be involved with the body of Christ directly as part of a local church. The Christian faith was never meant to be lived alone (read 1 Corinthians 12 and Paul's description of the body of Christ there, and why it's important .. you need us, and we need you :)).

BTW, you may be interested to know that the title of your thread was one of the big rallying cries of the Reformation, "After Darkness, Light" (or in Latin, "Post Tenebras Lux"). That Latin phrase is also written across what is referred to as the Reformation Wall in Geneva, Switzerland outside the University. It's an international monument to the Reformation and its chief Reformers. It's definitely worth seeing if you go to Geneva :oldthumbsup:

--David
p.s. - there is also this chalk art creation from one of Dr. Sproul's (Renewing Your Mind /Ligonier) National Conferences by that name: Chalk Art Time Lapse: Post Tenebras Lux

Hebrews 13
17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome to CF :)

I pray that our Father and Lord Jesus will keep opening your eyes and leading you as you walk as a new creation, and that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth (and away from all lies). I too came out of darkness and Jesus also changed everything for me and gave me new life. He alone is the Way, the Truth and the Life so keep walking with Him on the narrow road without looking back! I pray that God will bless you here on CF and that you will find a good church family online and offline. Yes, the churches are a mess, false prophets and false doctrines everywhere, but there are true born-again Christians to be found if you let God lead you.

And if you ever want a friend and sister on here, let me know!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF :)

I pray that our Father and Lord Jesus will keep opening your eyes and leading you as you walk as a new creation, and that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth (and away from all lies). I too came out of darkness and Jesus also changed everything for me and gave me new life. He alone is the Way, the Truth and the Life so keep walking with Him on the narrow Way without looking back! I pray that God will bless you here on CF and that you will find a good church family online and offline. Yes, the churches are a mess, false prophets and false doctrines everywhere, but there are true born-again Christians to be found if you let God lead you.

And if you ever want a friend and sister on here, let me know!

The Lord has been steadily opening my eyes for months, and perhaps even for years, without me realizing it; it's been one crazy journey.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The Lord has been steadily opening my eyes for months, and perhaps even for years, without me realizing it; it's been one crazy journey.
I know what you mean. :) He did that for me as well, I had no idea until I finally met Him. And He said to me (I'm translating from Swedish, so this wording may not be perfect) "Welcome! I have been trying to get hold of you your whole life". It shocked me at first, but He eventually showed me how true that was. While I was running from one thing to the other, Jesus was chasing after me, and eventually I ended up in His arms, never to go back. He is everything to me. I would love to hear more of your testimony. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Strange Plane
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Welcome!

Proverbs 14
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Romans 6
20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Don't you just love walking in the Light? I know that I do!

Christian will not walk in darkness.jpg

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know what you mean. :) He did that for me as well, I had no idea until I finally met Him. And He said to me (I'm translating from Swedish, so this wording may not be perfect) "Welcome! I have been trying to get hold of you your whole life". It shocked me at first, but He eventually showed me how true that was. While I was running from one thing to the other, Jesus was chasing after me, and eventually I ended up in His arms, never to go back. He is everything to me. I would love to hear more of your testimony. :)

It's not been like that for me and perhaps that's because I spent over a decade, having in-depth discussions with the Father of Lies. :(

As for my testimony, it's controversial, so I'm reluctant to share the entire thing. I think this summarized version will do for now?

• Agree
Reactions: WESTOZZIE
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Today?

---
Background

---

Statement of intent

Hi SP;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi again @Strange Plane, there is some excellent information to be found here in a 4-part Series by Dr. MacArthur called Spiritual Boot Camp. It is free to be listened to and/or read (as the transcript of it is there as well).

Spiritual Boot Camp takes a close look at four of our most important Christian disciplines, and then helps you find better ways to apply them to your daily walk with/in Christ. The series includes, How to Study the Scriptures, How to Pray, How to Function in the Body (Fellowship), and How to Witness. After 32 years as a Christian, I still use/practice some of the things I learned from this series regularly.

God bless you!

--David

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi SP;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:
Thank you but I have to respectfully decline the music. I'm very selective about what I listen to, and I am currently listening to worship music in 432 Hz.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It's not been like that for me and perhaps that's because I spent over a decade, having in-depth discussions with the Father of Lies. :(

As for my testimony, it's controversial, so I'm reluctant to share the entire thing. I think this summarized version will do for now?
Hey, no condemnation, ok? God has forgiven you and He is going to use your testimony for a lot of good. I know the devil as well, maybe not like you do, but in other ways, and God has used that for so much good already. Just trust the Lord, and rely on His grace that has now translated you out of the kingdom of darkness and into the Kingdom of God. We all have different testimonies, but we are equally loved by God and He often uses those with dark past to show His light to the world.

As I said, if you want to talk in private, let me know. If not, give all of your pain to God, because He is with you and He chose you before you were born, even before Creation.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hi

Today?

---
Background

---

Statement of intent

Your story encourages me, thanks for sharing it.

Upvote 0