from a newbie's perspective

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They are pretty rare, but posters do come along every now and then who either claim to be one of the Two Witnesses or some other form of prophet.

Wow! Those types of people need to reigned in immediatly. There could be sensitive minds here who might get shocked! We need thought police to inspect all our posts before letting others see them. Just reporting them ourselves to the authorities takes too long to get them kicked off. No, i take this all back. I actually believe in full free speech. What do you think?

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...but posters do come along every now and then who either claim to be one of the Two Witnesses ....

If they need to "claim to be one of the Two Witnesses" they aren't. You will know them by what they teach. Most people will hate them and want them dead. They will say all kinds of hateful things about them calling them false prophets. The witnesses will likely be banned from forums.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow! Those types of people need to reigned in immediatly. There could be sensitive minds here who might get shocked! We need thought police to inspect all our posts before letting others see them. Just reporting them ourselves to the authorities takes too long to get them kicked off. No, i take this all back. I actually believe in full free speech. What do you think?

I don't mind if people like that post unless they are a danger to themselves or to others, which hasn't been the case here yet. I don't even mind if people like Jen post their wild theories (although I feel that some discussions are better suited to other boards, but hey its not my call). I'm for free speech...however, I do have a serious problem with posters who go way beyond simply viewing their ideas as personal theories and start leveling charges of 2Peter 3 or spiritual blindness against those who disagree with them. And then once their predictions fizzle, they try to switch back to the position that "hey, I was just giving my opinion...why's everybody picking on me?" That's the issue I have.

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But I'm not seeing anything that is really all that testable other than the Christian Millenium in 2041 or Judgement Day in 3000. Both dates are too far into the future (and I'll be dead before one of them). Will the 2020 date contain an event that will verify or nullify the truthfulness of your chart?

i kinda don't thing that there are any other signs or verifications besides Jesus returning after "three days and three nights." I don't expect any signs, proofs or verifications. If there were any, then it would wreck the whole plan of separating the wheat from the tars. Everything has to be left alone for each to seek his own level. This is especially what the "hour of temptation" is about. Smoke fills the temple, winds held back, silence in heaven. This leaves us each to be righteours or filthy. Its about tempting us to find our true colors.

After the year 2020 the "silence in heaven" probably will end.

Then will probably be the time when everyone sees and knows the truth of God and The Bible. But still there will be some who don't want to go with it apparently. I'm holding out for 2020 to see if people will understand my charts better.

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If they need to "claim to be one of the Two Witnesses" they aren't. You will know them by what they teach. Most people will hate them and want them dead. They will say all kinds of hateful things about them calling them false prophets. The witnesses will likely be banned from forums.

Now thats an interesting speculation.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i kinda don't thing that there are any other signs or verifications besides Jesus returning after "three days and three nights." I don't expect any signs, proofs or verifications.
Right, which is why I didn't think anybody was referring to you.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would have to disagree with you here. Someone who predicts false dates is indeed a false prophet. As is someone who falsely teaches the word of the Lord.

By that definition, everyone who has ever misunderstood a passage and told a friend the wrong interpretation is a false prophet. In other words, we are all false prophets...[by your definition]

Upvote 0

PreachingChristCrucified

Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
Mar 6, 2013
✟1,580.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
By that definition, everyone who has ever misunderstood a passage and told a friend the wrong interpretation is a false prophet. In other words, we are all false prophets...[by your definition]

Yes, we should watch our words:

Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The pattern goes according to the Bible as follows: First Satan is bould up for a thousand years and Jesus returns to gathers up his children into heaven (Second Coming). After the Thousand years expires, Satan is released to deceive the nations. Then the Battle of Armegeddon where Satan is finally cast into the lake of fire and destroyed. Then comes Judgment day! Where all will have to answer for their works.

Now here's an interesting example. I believe you've got the order of things wrong here, as per scripture. Now if we started liberally throwing that term "false prophet" around I might be inclined to throw it at you. But that would be wrong.

If on the other hand you started that paragraph with "The Lord has revealed to me..." and finished it with, "Thus sayeth the Lord". Then I would be inclined to think that you actually believe you are a prophet.

Until then, you are just like everybody else on here, sharing their beliefs. Nothing wrong with that.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we should watch our words:

Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Yes, we should watch our words. We should be careful what we say and how we say it, but I maintain that well meaning Christians misunderstanding scripture are not those who Jesus had in mind when he said false prophets will appear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Pretty hard to get tone and inflection from the printed page. In a current society, just telling someone they're wrong is offensive.

I don't think it's as mean and nasty around here as perceived. I think people infer attitude into a post.

To keep that down...in my post I don't use the emoticons a lot.

Christians can be firm and hold to their view...but it's on them to not be offended because another saint doesn't agree.

Disagreement isn't offensive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1Timothy316

Mar 10, 2013
✟7,778.00
Faith
Christian
AMEN!

Okay look,

I am new, but I have NEVER seen so much combativeness and hatred on a forum than I have on THIS one. Whether you are Pre-Trib, Post-Trib, or what have you.. Can't we all just agree that Christ is our Savior, and that regardless of our opinions of one another, we respect each other and love one another like Jesus himself told us to do?? I have seen people been called "losers" and ridiculed for believing what they believe, and it makes me so sad to see that... Especially on a Christian forum.

We all have our own opinions, and sometimes we don't believe or accept another Christian brother or sisters' heart felt belief.. And that's okay! Sometimes we just don't understand one another. And that's okay! That doesn't mean we should mock them, or make fun of them.

I understand today is March 22nd, and yeah, nothing has happened. So what. Does it make you a better person for pointing that out? No. Jesus would have wanted us to love and support one another regardless of the outcome of the "prophesy". Have you thought for one minute that maybe, just maybe... Someone who believed that they were to be raptured TODAY were completely heartbroken at the fact that they got it wrong? Should you rejoice in the fact that they were wrong? Or laugh at them? No.

I just don't understand the animosity between people that are the brothers and sisters of Christ Jesus.

If anyone could explain to me the reason why eschatology and end times studies has everyone's "panties in a wad" please do so. Regardless of our opinions, we are all going to the same place...

I am fascinated with eschatology and love to read all of your wise words. I have never seen so much KNOWLEDGE of scripture!!! Some of you are so very blessed with wisdom and I can only hope and pray to one day be as knowledgeable as you are.

I just wanted to give my perspective on things, because I have been praying about this... and I'm not going to lie... This forum has made me kind of sad to be quite honest.

God bless you all,

Joy

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pretty hard to get tone and inflection from the printed page. In a current society, just telling someone their wrong is offensive.

I don't it's as mean and nasty around here as perceived. I think people infer attitude into a post.

Christians can be firm and hold to their view...but it's on them to not be offended because another saint doesn't agree.

Name calling...using caps...antagonizing...belittling...etc. sure does set tone...that's the problem...and it is sad...she's right...that is what the OP is addressing...not discussing differences or disagreement, which she points out quite clearly.

So I respectfully disagree ebedmelech.

Upvote 0

IvinViljoen

Mar 27, 2013
South Africa
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Okay look,

I am new, but I have NEVER seen so much combativeness and hatred on a forum than I have on THIS one. Whether you are Pre-Trib, Post-Trib, or what have you.. Can't we all just agree that Christ is our Savior, and that regardless of our opinions of one another, we respect each other and love one another like Jesus himself told us to do?? ...

Yes, please.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,401,673.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Pretty hard to get tone and inflection from the printed page. In a current society, just telling someone their wrong is offensive.

I don't it's as mean and nasty around here as perceived. I think people infer attitude into a post.

It is pretty mean around here brother, I feel it. But, I get what you are saying here in your post, and for the most part I wholeheartedly agree. I have made posts, and not intending to offend, have offended. My writing style and the way I express myself for some reason just causes people to attack. And, not being perfect, I tend to push back, especially if I feel the attack is unwarranted. If I realize something I said offended someone, I don't mind apologizing for the offense. But it bugs the daylights out of me when people are just nasty to me for no reason. If I say I disagree, that does not mean that I am attacking, it just means we have a difference of opinion, and that should be ok. The Lord Jesus Christ is my whole purpose for seeking out fellowship with other believers. Yes, Christians should be firm in our beliefs, and we should be kind to others even though, for whatever reason, we at times disagree on certain concepts. And maybe you would be kind enough to explain to me why some of the men want the women on the forum to keep quiet and not express/share our experience strength and hope with others here on the forum. This is not church, and our sharing ,imho ,is important to us. I have had scripture thrown at me just for sharing what I know. Are we not as valuable to God as the men here? It really hurts to be slapped down just because I am a woman who dares to speak.

Reactions: Choose Wisely
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,401,673.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Thank you brother.:hug:

Reactions: Choose Wisely
Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
this is what has been going on here lately....
with regards to sock accounts...

2Thes3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

compare with

Matthew 18:17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Romans 16:17 I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

1 Corinthians 5:4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present,

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people--

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

1 Corinthians 11:2 I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.

1 Thessalonians 5:14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

2 Thessalonians 3:7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you,

2 Thessalonians 3:11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed.

2 Thessalonians 3:15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

2 Timothy 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

2 John 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

Upvote 0