✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Off-topic discussions.

You mean like: people just being friendly? Chatting about stuff? "How are y'all doing, and would you like some cookies" instead of "give the password or I'll shoot"? Is that what you mean?

Sounds like a great idea.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let me introduce y'all to the bower bird, which seduces females by building a "bower." Not a nest -- that would be useful. The bower has no function at all. But it does have blue. Every blue item the bird can find. Apparently blue is cool.

SS_Satin-BowerbirdLuke-Shelley_adj2.jpg

660px-Satin_Bowerbird_at_his_bower_JCB.jpg

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did get a few things accomplished as for a double that would be great.

I'm glad to hear it. As long as you've eaten the frogs you've done well. :)

That would be a fine choice for gun practice kinda has a gunslinger feel to it, with the hat pulled down over an eye.

My face is covered. I'd probably take off a toe! I need more visibility. :zoro:

Cape cod that is interesting you mention that area, provincetown was where a teacher of mine from college would go each summer to paint with a well known painter Henry Hensche. Sammy went there for about 10 to 15+ years studying with henry. I was to young so i never made the trip.

Provincetown is very popular. I love the area but the commute is bad. But weekend or seasonal trips are doable. There's a retreat in the vicinity I've had on my shortlist. I'd have the facility to myself to work on a project. Its the perfect spot to write a novel.

All total, the picture i framed for a friend who had the ww1 map. Total price was $250.00 but that was giving him my cost of materials (about $50.00) then let him decide what he thought it was worth so that was 200.00. But for someone who is not a good friend but a client, for a custom frame (depending on size) 300.00 and up.

You don't want to undersell your frames. $200 may be a good starting point for the photo. If you sell online you could ask for more.

I am. but you would need the patience and a lot of paper (preferably just copy paper).

I have both. I use a heavier weight and brightness from Hammermill. That's overkill for this. I'd get something else.

A great pencil (really the best) is at JetPens - The Best Pens & Stationery From Japan & Beyond The Mitsubishi Lead Holder - 2 mm - HB,2B,B etc..

I just bought the Caran's. Will they suffice?

Just a little work around the studio fixed a broken part of the door inside handle. In my old 4x4 pickup (used my creativity to do that). If i would have taken that to a shop they would have just said find an old door from another truck and replace it for about ($500.00+). But i cut apart a metal paint thinner can and formed the piece i needed from the can and it fit and worked just perfect.

They're expensive to replace. My woodworking instructor had to do so recently. A bad storm came through and the branches won. You're very industrious. That's a great skill. I don't drive. I need to learn.

But the weather was good and really startling to warm up. A lot boats were out on the river. Hope you had a good three day weekend.

Its that time of the year. Being on the water is very relaxing. I miss it and look forward to getting out again. We're still closed.

Today is quiet. The Holy Spirit roused me with a directive for order. He wants me to work on a few things this week while I have time. The next three months will be hectic. Planning is on the menu.

~Bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You mean like: people just being friendly? Chatting about stuff? "How are y'all doing, and would you like some cookies" instead of "give the password or I'll shoot"? Is that what you mean?

Sounds like a great idea.

Its a catch-all for conversations of any length. The ideal is to minimize derailments and provide a space for longer discussions if needed. Plus, others can chime in. :)

~Bella

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Let me introduce y'all to the bower bird, which seduces females by building a "bower." Not a nest -- that would be useful. The bower has no function at all. But it does have blue. Every blue item the bird can find. Apparently blue is cool.

He's really a peacock in disguise and equally stunning! :p

~Bella

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's really a peacock in disguise and equally stunning! :p

Similar principle. But the peacock is the man in a $10,000 suit wearing a $20,000 Rolex; and the bower bird is the man in a $500,000 Lambourghini.

A blue one, of course, because it seems that birds dig blue.

aventador-s-roadster-2018-5.jpg

In contrast, this little fellow in yellow builds something actually useful: a nest for his bride-to-be:

1024px-Black-headed_weaver_%28Ploceus_cucullatus_bohndorffi%29_male_nest_building.jpg

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That does look like a good instructional site, i think i have in the past received a catalogue from them in the mail. I think it may have been just Great Courses.

That will make for a healthy and happy brain.

It used to be The Teaching Company. I've always like their products. The subscription includes several classes from Bluprint. I use Creativebug, Creativelive, MasterClass, and Bluprint. Plus cultural channels.

I subscribe to a lot. But its all educational. That's my television. It emphasizes wholesomeness and has a positive effect on me and my home. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Similar principle. But the peacock is the man in a $10,000 suit wearing a $20,000 Rolex; and the bower bird is the man in a $500,000 Lambourghini.

A blue one, of course, because it seems that birds dig blue.

He's not topping the peacock. His strut is legendary! :D I seriously wanted one. But they honk a lot! That's a sweet car. I'm a Bugatti girl. As a passenger of course. ;)

In contrast, this little fellow in yellow builds something actually useful: a nest for his bride-to-be

Wow, that's pretty. Are you a bird enthusiast?

~Bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Numerology is a bunk. Search any number, ANY number, and it'll be an angel number; and its 'meaning' will be a variation of much the same thing.

Tell people what they want to hear, and YOU too can start a religion.

I went down that rabbit hole long ago and astrology too. But I drew the line at mediums, palmistry, etc. That was God reigning me in.

~Bella

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I went down that rabbit hole long ago and astrology too. But I drew the line at mediums, palmistry, etc. That was God reigning me in.

~Bella

I live in an area rife with wiccans, mystics and palm readers. I have to check myself sometimes because it's just so normal here. Wander down certain lanes and you will see shop after shop dedicated to wizardry and witchcraft. They even employ qualified advisers, for goodness sake.

The joss sticks and meditative music make it all so seductive to the senses.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
These are some local favourites

They're beautiful! I had a parakeet as a child. It died. I wanted a bird years ago. Actually, I wanted a lot of animals. I considered a cockatoo. But they live a long time! My friend had a macaw. It screamed a lot and made funny comments. She had other animals (goat, dogs, and cats) and I realized it was a lot of work.

I streamlined my list. Now I want a horse and dog. That's enough. Do you have pets?

~Bella

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They're beautiful! I had a parakeet as a child. It died. I wanted a bird years ago. Actually, I wanted a lot of animals. I considered a cockatoo. But they live a long time! My friend had a macaw. It screamed a lot and made funny comments.

I really like the sulphur-crested cockatoo (first of my 3). But it's loud and obnoxious, and can seriously damage wooden houses by pecking.

And you couldn't put one in a cage. They like to travel for hundreds of kilometres. They need to be free.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I live in an area rife with wiccans, mystics and palm readers. I have to check myself sometimes because it's just so normal here. Wander down certain lanes and you will see shop after shop dedicated to wizardry and witchcraft. They even employ qualified advisers, for goodness sake.

The joss sticks and meditative music make it all so seductive to the senses.

Wicca is a gateway for the occult. But you don't realize it at first. There are many practices woven in the philosophy. The majority dip a toe in several paths before finding one that 'fits' which deepens your exposure and heightens the spiritual consequences of taking that road.

I learned a lot. Cause I'm curious. But my moral compass was strong. Magic had no appeal. Bending someone's will was unacceptable to me. You mistake adeptness in certain areas for what it really is. Satan exploits our gifts and talents for evil purposes.

I've studied and practiced many faiths. I was looking for God. Not personal mastery or power. He began to draw me out. The first example I had was Reiki training. After the class we received our attunements. You're told you're getting spiritual assistance that allows you to heal others and help them. But you're really getting infected demonically.

When the instructor's assistant tried to work with me something went wrong. So the teacher joined in and it didn't help. Then a third stepped in and they were working together. But something was fighting back. She said I was closed and should have come long ago and I knew that. It was my intention to do so but I didn't. They were unsuccessful and I never used it.

Wicca originated from the UK but it has many influences. You're probably experiencing the Potter effect and greater tolerance for the practice. I never used advisors or psychics. Accepting their advice is a curse. They're best avoided. The music can be seductive. I knew someone who walked the Native American Medicine Path and used sweat lodges. I learned a lot. See the pattern.

My interest in Celtic music was primarily the result of Celtic Reconstructionist and Druid teachings. I was familiar with both. But He pitied me. I was looking for Him everywhere. After a while He led me home.

~Bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I really like the sulphur-crested cockatoo (first of my 3). But it's loud and obnoxious, and can seriously damage wooden houses by pecking.

And you couldn't put one in a cage. They like to travel for hundreds of kilometres. They need to be free.

Yes! Her bird screamed a lot and would get angry when covered. I wouldn't get one for myself. I'd give it to a child who lived in a place where space and nature were prevalent. A city home would be inappropriate in my opinion.

I prefer horses. They warm my heart. I have a soft spot for them and dogs. That existed in childhood. Once I'm settled and finish school I'll get them.

~Bella

Upvote 0