Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is the Christian official view and your own personal view on Freemasonry?

My late husband was one. I only saw the social side of it. Since becoming a Christian i now wonder about it all. Is it for or against Christ? Is it harmless or not?

(Do excuse me if this topic is in the wrong section. I was unsure).

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
its a mystery religion, which is a quest to attain knowledge and by this knowledge attain enlightenment ... they see the patterns found in the creation as they be found in the scriptures and use them for gain , knowledge pictured as Baphomet being their god they believe to be the great architect ...

the tree of knowledge of good and evil being the two pillars of their temple ...

• Agree
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Masonry is full of secret and questionable practices. I dont know too much about them other than rumour and conspiracy theories. I suspect a lot of masons are just people who want to join a club have some fellowship and business contacts. For others I suspect there is a darker side to it.

I have known a few masons over the years and know a former pastor of mine had a lot of friends who were masons. I suspect he joined as well. He is no longer a pastor after having some behavioural issues but I dont know if his falling away has anything to do with his mason links.

The truth is we cant know for sure as it is a secret society but there is certainly an element of it that would make it at leasdt questionable for Christians.

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is a hierarchy within the Freemason group. The ones at rock bottom might view it as simply a fellowship whereas the ones on top know that there is a darker side to it. The men on top of the pyramid are likely going to be very successful, rich and powerful. However, the club will consist of mostly men, I am unsure as to whether females are able to partake.

They worship the Baphomet, which instantly upon being seen has the appearance of a man however if you look closely it is not quite so: It contains all of these binary opposites such as being part animal, part human, male, female and below and above'.

Also, the two-finger salute is common with occultists and devil worshippers.

As soon as you walk into a Masonic temple you will be greeted with a black and white chequered flooring - Good and evil.

The Freemasons may appear like a harmless group but we never know what happens behind closed doors. Sacrifices, blood-rituals and other ceremonies I believe would not be uncommon over on that side of the fence.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You should listen to this video I posted.
Many Freemason's DON'T believe in Jesus Christ.

They believe in the old Egyptian and Babylonian gods = mystery babylon in revelation 17

The daughter in the video name is mona which scrambled mean Amon which was an Egyptian god.

mason.jpg

Plus people claim mason is scrambled on the 1 dollar bill! Among other conspiracies.

Truth is always stranger than fiction!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What is the Christian official view and your own personal view on Freemasonry?

My late husband was one. I only saw the social side of it. Since becoming a Christian i now wonder about it all. Is it for or against Christ? Is it harmless or not?

(Do excuse me if this topic is in the wrong section. I was unsure).
It belongs, by decision of the CF staff, in the Conspiracy Theories forum. Hopefully, it will be switched there for you.

Freemasonry is a fraternity. It is not a religion, and it does not assert that every religion is equal. All of that is bunk, although sensationalist websites abound claiming something else dark and scary. Some churches approve and even encourage membership. Others oppose it, based upon claims made by anti-Masons. The only two genuine reasons a Christian ought to give it some thought relate to which denomination such a person belongs to.

1. Is it wrong to keep anything secret, even a simple password, or give an oath? Some churches say so; most do not. Obviously, many churches REQUIRE secrets to be kept, such as the seal of the confessional in Roman Catholicism by which a priest is bound not to reveal any sins confessed by anyone in the confessional booth. So I personally think this is an unpersuasive accusation.

2. Is it wrong to pray alongside another Christian who, however, belongs to a different Christian denomination (and, therefore, does not agree on all points of doctrine, big or small)? A few churches do take that POV and don't allow even a member to join in a prayer before meals at, say, a civic banquet where others around the table might belong to a different Christian church.

Neither of these is considered wrong by my Christian church and I cannot see any reason why they should. However, some churches have taken the positions described here, and if one is a member of one of those churches, I would think the right thing would be not to join a Masonic lodge.

• Prayers
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's really silly, but of course it's popular with the sci fi set and people who have never witnessed any such Satanism going on. ;)

Silly or not it is TRUE.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A 3 second internet search would have answered that question.
is freemasonry satan worship at DuckDuckGo
So you have no personal knowledge of the matter and you prefer the websites that condemn Masonry rather than the ones that explain why those accusations are untrue. What's more you aren't about to identify any such sources since you know that, if you did, I could see what is correct and what is incorrect on them.

I see. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know a chef that cooks in the Freemasons premises. He said they have a 'temple' in the upper floor that he has been in. He said strange things occur in the place. He said he doesn' get involved!
If he isnt a member and doesn't get involved (in the meeting room; it's not a temple), he obviously does not know if "strange things occur in the place."

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you have no personal knowledge of the matter and you prefer the websites that condemn Masonry rather than the ones that explain why those accusations are untrue. What's more you aren't about to identify any such sources since you know that, if you did, I could see what is correct and what is incorrect on them.

I see. Thanks.

Wrong, I do understand it. I know of it first hand by knowing a few that were in it. It is Satanism, plain and simple. Capiche?

Upvote 0

Antig

Dec 19, 2017
Dublin
✟8,390.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he isnt a member and doesn't get involved (in the meeting room; it's not a temple), he obviously does not know if "strange things occur in the place."

He does know! He's been a chef there for 10 years. He said that strange things do go on there! He calls it the temple room.

I believe him as he has first hand knowledge of the place.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He does know! He's been a chef there for 10 years. He said that strange things do go on there! He calls it the temple room.

I believe him as he has first hand knowledge of the place.
He doesn't have first hand knowledge; you yourself said so in your earlier post. He in fact could not have first hand knowledge if he was not a member and never attended a meeting. This is really not worth you protesting further.

By the way, he may call it the "temple room" but no Mason would. Because it isn't. That should show you that he doesn't know much although he guesses a lot.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.