Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Albion, a couple of questions...

Why are you a freemason?

In freemasonry, is it universal that Jesus is God, and a person can be in right standing with God only through Jesus?

Reactions: Postvieww
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In fact, you have experienced Islam to some degree because of facts that are in the public arena.

That is quite a different matter from claiming--on the basis of virtually no evidence of any sort--that something is true concerning a matter that you are also claiming is a closely guarded secret!
I called it an organization of secrecy but in fact the cat is out of the bag. BTW what degree are you just so I’ll know what “secrets” you are privy to. Secrecy is one of the problems, what about Christianity should be secret? Do you consider freemasonry to be a religion? If not why the temples? This should get interesting if you hang with me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I called it an organization of secrecy but in fact the cat is out of the bag. BTW what degree are you just so I’ll know what “secrets” you are privy to. Secrecy is one of the problems, what about Christianity should be secret? Do you consider freemasonry to be a religion? If not why the temples? This should get interesting if you hang with me.
I don't know how it could not have some religious overtones, given the Hiram Abiff allegory in the third degree in Freemasonry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know how it could not have some religious overtones, given the Hiram Abiff allegory in the third degree in Freemasonry.
I believe it has all of the characteristics of a religion but many members will deny that it is. The claim that one cannot know what the organization is all about without being a member is bogus. Many that realized the truth about freemasonry and left it, have spilled the beans on these so called secrets. As I said in my first post it is sad the lengths some will go to to defend the indefensible. I won’t back down from my satanic charge the evidence is clear. This organization is of God or it is not.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe it has all of the characteristics of a religion but many members will deny that it is. The claim that one cannot know what the organization is all about without being a member is bogus. Many that realized the truth about freemasonry and left it, have spilled the beans on these so called secrets. As I said in my first post it is sad the lengths some will go to to defend the indefensible. I won’t back down from my satanic charge the evidence is clear. This organization is of God or it is not.
What I am not getting is if freemasonry is a benevolent organization why must it operate with secrets?

Of a Christian joining saying he is going from darkness to light.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I am not getting is if freemasonry is a benevolent organization why must it operate with secrets?

Of a Christian joining saying he is going from darkness to light.
Great point! Freemasonry has no relationship to Christianity. Those that believe it does are deceived.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Great point! Freemasonry has no relationship to Christianity. Those that believe it does are deceived.
Many years ago, I used to pursue the freemasonry issues, but now I leave it to others. I focus strictly on the end times. Which is why I don't stray into the other forums, as worthy as they are. Jesus is coming and His reward is with Him.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Albion, a couple of questions...

Why are you a freemason?

In freemasonry, is it universal that Jesus is God, and a person can be in right standing with God only through Jesus?
Let me ask you a question. Do you belong to any organizations which have members that would not pass the same test--a bowling league, a labor union, a country club, the Jaycees, a motorcycle club, the local Republican or Democratic Party, or the like??

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I believe it has all of the characteristics of a religion but many members will deny that it is.
I'm sure that everyone who's interested in this subject would benefit from having you explain why you believe that it has all the characteristics of a religion. Name those characteristics that you have in mind, for instance.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let me ask you a question. Do you belong to any organizations which have members that would not pass the same test--a bowling league, a labor union, a country club, the Jaycees, a motorcycle club, the local Republican or Democratic Party, or the like??
No. Also, I don't think those organizations have secret ceremonies to join.

Are you sure freemasonry is not a form of universal-ism (religion) ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you consider freemasonry to be a religion?
Certainly not. In fact, I already posted a reply on that subject before realizing that you had written the one that I'm answering now.

As for the question about temples, here is the answer from a Masonic lodge:

"In ancient times craftsmen and laborers met in Labor Temples. This did not mean that these were religious institutions, but rather a place where they could meet and discuss their views and concerns. Freemasonry meetings are held in a building called a Masonic Temple (Masonic buildings). They are also called a Lodge Hall or Masonic Center as well as Masonic Temple."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No. Also, I don't think those organizations have secret ceremonies to join.
Don't change the subject. I was asking if your stated religious test was adhered to by yourself in every walk of life.

Are you sure freemasonry is not a form of universal-ism (religion) ?
Absolutely sure.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is it the case that you belong to no associations or organizations outside of your church, then?
I belong to no organizations as at all, including any church denomination, nor individual church assembly.

Let's get to the questions I ask you. And is freemasonry not a form of universalism ?

Do you have a bible or other religious book in your lodge as a standard ? If you don't want to answer, that's fine. I don't care. It is not going to affect me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I belong to no organizations as at all, including any church denomination, nor individual church assembly.
All right, so do you believe that anyone who does belong to such organizations as were mentioned is in violation of his Christian obligations?

Let's get to the questions I ask you. And is freemasonry not a form of universalism ?
I answered this one, Dougg. It is not.

Do you have a bible or other religious book in your lodge as a standard ?
Yes, a Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All right, so do you believe that anyone who does belong to such organizations as were mentioned is in violation of his Christian obligations?
not as far as I know, because none of those require a belief in a supreme being to join.

Yes, a Bible.
A lodge in a Mulsim country, what would the book be?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
not as far as I know, because none of those require a belief in a supreme being to join.
Just a minute here. Earlier, when you raised this issue, your standard was the following:
"In freemasonry, is it universal that Jesus is God, and a person can be in right standing with God only through Jesus?"

Have you now changed your mind?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure that everyone who's interested in this subject would benefit from having you explain why you believe that it has all the characteristics of a religion. Name those characteristics that you have in mind, for instance.
One characteristic would be rituals performed in the lodges. Many religions are filled with rituals.Since you are the the only one posting right now who is qualified to know what those rituals encompass,it would help everyone to understand what really goes on in Masonic services if you told us about them. Oh but you are sworn to secrecy and can’t tell us without violating your sworn oath. No one here wants your tongue cut out or any other bodily damage done for revealing lodge secrets. See the problem here I could post everything I have learned about masonry and you will just deny it’s true and you can’t reveal any “truth” so what can we do to solve this delima . There are many who have left this organization who have revealed its unholy secrets. Just calling all of them liars just doesn’t work. I’m away from home right now when I get back to my computer I will post some information, some of it taken directly from Masonic materials. We can get into the oaths, the rituals, the symbolism, the history and more if you are willing to have a real conversation. Again what degree are you?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just a minute here. Earlier, when you raised this issue, your standard was the following:
"In freemasonry, is it universal that Jesus is God, and a person can be in right standing with God only through Jesus?"

Have you now changed your mind?
No, my point is that the holy book found in each lodge depends on the makeup of that lodge. The requirement to become a mason - a belief in a Supreme being, could apply to Christians, to Muslims, to Jews (Judaism).

Which to me, masonry is a form of universal religion - to include contrasting and opposing religions under one umbrellah, appealing on the basis of human brotherhood, as men of honor (in mason think). The secret part of masonry, is why the secrets and oath's, dire consequences if the secrets are divulged by a mason?

To me, those are indicators of not a benign and benevolent organization. I think masonry is really a means to power.

I am not on any big campaign against freemasonry, it is not my calling. But I will say this - there will be no freemasonry when Jesus returns.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Postvieww
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not on any big campaign against freemasonry, it is not my calling. But I will say this - there will be no freemasonry when Jesus returns.
I am not on a crusade either. I really don’t care what grown men do or what Club they form. I don’t care how many oaths they swear or foolish rituals they participate in, until they call it a Christian organization or claim it is in any way connected to Christ. That is false, deceptive and freemasonry is in no way is connected to true Christianity. It is my belief that most in the first 3 degrees have no clue what they are really involved in.

Upvote 0