Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is why through Paul God was demonstrating Jesus healing and miracles. So the gentiles could believe. I mean they hadnt grown up with scripture so of course they wouldnt have understood all the prophecies etc. they needed a demonstration of Gods almighty power.

When God shows his power, people then humble themselves to believe it. But you know that some still wont believe and they would be people that scoff at miracles and say well its of the devil. Or its from your own power..in book of acts they had many sorcers, diviners and witches doing false miracles and fooling people. But the way God does them you cannot mistake his healing for a counterfeit.

GOd talks about a free wont of the jews and a free will of gentiles in acts 28:26-28

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Free will. Free-adjective will-noun. "Will" in "Free will" refers to the human faculty of the will. It is a noun.

You seem to be under the impression that "will" in "Free will" refers to the verb expressing the future tense, as in, "I will go to the park tomorrow." That is false. "Free will" refers not to the verb, but to the noun. You have tried to create the opposite, "Free won't," as in, "I won't go to the park tomorrow." But since "Free will" refers to the noun and not the verb, "Free won't" makes absolutely no sense. It is based on a confusion about the meaning of free will.

Finally, free will in the common sense means the ability to do or not do something. To reject some possible option is thus a function of free will, not so-called "free won't." Therefore the opposite of free will is not "free won't," but the doctrine of determinism or fatalism.

...beyond all that, "wont" and "won't" are two different words. Apparently you mean "won't." This is easily the most confusing thread I have ever seen. :)
Yup. No such thing as "free won't". Something made up with no command or clear understanding of the English language.

The OP is a "tell me what I want to hear" type of person. Responses contrary to that are pushed to the side and ignored. IOW, any contrary replies from you would be a waste of your time.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trust and obey, its the only way, to be happy in Jesus just trust and obey...
This is not the core of Christianity; it is the path to it.

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me. (Colossians 1:27-29, 1984 NIV)

God guarantees we have free will, although sin steals 100% of it from non-Christians. Fortunately, God grants grace so they can come to Him nevertheless.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
(1 Corinthians 10:13, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0