✟35,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You ignore my point and post gibberish.

Like I said, accusations without substance are empty and useless.

Catholics know the Bible is the Word of God. After all, it's our book.

I see you've run out of things of actual substance to say, and have now resorted to gimmicks. Friend, are you going to actually contribute to this conversation, or will I be forced to continue speaking as if to a brick wall?

Upvote 0

TaylorSexton

1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith
Jan 16, 2014
Mundelein, IL
Visit site
✟35,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, its Gods book.

There's no use arguing on that point. They (Roman Catholics) want to claim the Word for themselves, only so they can protect their ignoring of it. They want to have their cake and eat it, too.

What would really be interesting is to get a Greek Orthodox person in here and have them go at it. They both foolishly claim to have ownership of the Word of God, as if it didn't belong to the Body—that is, the universal gathering of the elect from all ages (i.e., Christ's church, not some man-made institution which abandoned the gospel centuries ago).

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's no use arguing on that point. They (Roman Catholics) want to claim the Word for themselves, only so they can protect their ignoring of it. They want to have their cake and eat it, too.

What would really be interesting is to get a Greek Orthodox person in here and have them go at it. They both foolishly claim to have ownership of the Word of God, as if it didn't belong to the Body—that is, the universal gathering of the elect from all ages (i.e., Christ's church, not some man-made institution which abandoned the gospel centuries ago).
I agree.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a former protestant. It's funny to think about "historic" protestant literature that emerged 1400 years or more after Jesus built his Church.

That's funny.

The "catholic" church as in RCC, didn't exist until the 4th century.

Hello pot, this is kettle.

God Bless

Till all are one

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nice evasion. You haven't read anything, yet you expect to be taken seriously. Pathetic.

You know exactly what I meant by "historic." Being a smart alec is not conducive to edifying Christian theological discussion. But, at least I know now that you take age to be a greater authority than the Word of God (which, ironically, is eternal). No wonder you converted to Rome. Aversion to truth fits in well there, as it has almost since its conception (which was not in the early Church, mind you).

Falsehoods and slander from the above post. Is this permitted on Christian Forums?

1) But, at least I know now that you take age to be a greater authority than the Word of God (which, ironically, is eternal).

2) No wonder you converted to Rome. Aversion to truth fits in well there,

3) as it has almost since its conception (which was not in the early Church, mind you).

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Catholic Church, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, wrote, compiled, selected, preserved, and proclaims the New Testament to the world.

No Church owns the Word of God. To say otherwise is not love for the brethren. You want to lord over the faith, lord over the brethren, but thats not love or a good example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thats the final nail in the coffin. Im sick of Catholics.

Matthew 5:29-30New King James Version (NKJV)
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TaylorSexton

Jan 16, 2014
Mundelein, IL
Visit site
✟35,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
...slander from the above post.

Impossible; slander is spoken. If it is in writing, it is libel, not slander. (See, it's not fun being on the receiving end of a smart alec, is it?)

Besides, something isn't a slander or a falsehood simply because you don't like it. If you take something to be a falsehood, explain why; don't just say it to be so. Again, if you are going to contribute to this discussion, please break from the pattern and provide something of substance.

Upvote 0

TaylorSexton

Jan 16, 2014
Mundelein, IL
Visit site
✟35,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Catholic Church, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, wrote, compiled, selected, preserved, and proclaims the New Testament to the world.

That's a nice opinion you have, but, of course, it is meaningless unless you have historical evidence to support the assertion that an institution that did not exist until centuries after Christ and his Apostles "wrote the New Testament"? Such a incredible statement simply must be supported with evidence, friend, and not just a glib regurgitation of force-fed and blindly-accepted tradition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

So, according to what is written here:

The Catholic Church, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, wrote,

The entire New Testament.

None of the disciples of Christ, none of the Apostles, wrote the books of the New Testament.

Well I'll be, learn something new everyday.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Absolutely false. Jesus only started one Church. It began in 33 AD.

Evidently you don't read so well.

What did I say?

The "catholic" church as in RCC, didn't exist until the 4th century.

And one other point.

Please show me in scripture the Greek word "katholikos" (universal, general)

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No Church owns the Word of God. To say otherwise is not love for the brethren. You want to lord over the faith, lord over the brethren, but thats not love or a good example.

It's not a matter of ownership, it is a matter of fact. The Catholic Church chose and preserved the books of the New Testament. How is truth anything other than love?

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's a nice opinion you have, but, of course, it is meaningless unless you have historical evidence to support the assertion that an institution that did not exist until centuries after Christ and his Apostles "wrote the New Testament"? Such a incredible statement simply must be supported with evidence, friend, and not just a glib regurgitation of force-fed and blindly-accepted tradition.

The Church existed from the day Jesus started it. How many Churches do you think Jesus started?

When do you think it became acceptable for someone to leave the Church Jesus started?

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, according to what is written here:

The entire New Testament.

None of the disciples of Christ, none of the Apostles, wrote the books of the New Testament.

Well I'll be, learn something new everyday.

God Bless

Till all are one.

All of the apostles and scripture writers belonged to the Church.

How many Churches do you think Jesus started?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.