Fox News Infected With “Reefer Madness”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well, when the republicans are doing bad, then yes, its a journalists job to tell the people this fact.

they did bad; hence, why they lost the election.

With that said then, and given our current leaders performance, I can't wait for 2012 when we can get republicans back in office!

Upvote 0

Ectezus

Beholder
Mar 1, 2009
✟8,683.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And based on the prior years election, how in the world can you not say the same for the liberal media (abc/cbs/msnbc etc...)????
Well for starters that very "etc..." part. It's pretty much Fox vs everyone else. There's a good reason why they are a minority.

Can you deny for a moment that they did nothing but try to paint everything good and republican in a dark light?
There's a difference between being pro-someone and just plain making up news.
RevJamison can you honestly tell us that you think Fox is "fair & balanced"?

With that said then, and given our current leaders performance, I can't wait for 2012 when we can get republicans back in office!

Would you vote for Sarah Palin for the next president of America?

- Ectezus

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
With that said then, and given our current leaders performance...
lets take a sample of what happened from bushes first year.

yeah i think that pretty much sums it up.

You guys get 8 years to ream this country dry and you want 4 more?

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You know, this anti-Fox stuff is an understandable phenomenon:

The media is generally liberal and now they are faced with a station that has a conservative bent -- all of them will refer to it as 'non-news' and act as if something absurd is happening when Fox runs a story that they disapprove of people overreact.

A news station can come out with report after report attempting to normalize homosexuality but you barely see conservatives bat an eye. We expect 'liberal' media to be 'liberal.'

The second that Fox News might suggest something is true which is conservative we have a plethora of leftists attacking it as 'bias.'

And then you get this -- all news stations will say things like "There was a report of possible unidentified flying objects," or "marijuana could potentially cause cancer" (which seems to be more of the case with this article) yet Fox will be singled out as if this is Fox overreacting.

Oh look, the BBC has "reefer madness," too.

I also have to say:

Marijuana is probably about as bad for you as alcohol is...

And... Alcohol is really bad for you. :)

Alcohol is a factor in:

40% of violent crimes
32% of traffic fatalities (source
- 55% of offenders and 53% of victims in college sexual assault cases were somehow intoxicated.(source)

If you were to tally up the number of people who messed up good years of their life due to alcoholism or drug abuse it'd be a pretty astronomical figure.

Perhaps the best way to settle this would be to say, if you don't know someone who has messed up significant parts of their life due to substance abuse, raise your hand.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My disdain is not who fox news reports the news to, Its how they do it. as a great man once said. Reality and facts have a well known liberal bias.

Fox news lies and has unethical news practices. That's why i dislike them. They fabricate news, they don't report it. while all news adds a little spice, fox news goes above and beyond.

now lets all give each other terrorist fist bumps and get some pizza.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ectezus
Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I really don't care to much for news networks in general. I prefer to read articles online or even in the news Paper. I'll then compare them around with other sources and sites to see if there is a bigger picture. I don't think FOX is any worse then MSNBC or CNN, but I would prefer if all networks stop forcing the president into everything. I care more about the situation in Iran and about other global affairs then I do about Obama's fly swatting skills or what he is wearing today.

How do you feel with what Obama has done on Iran?

He handles the situation pretty poorly, doesn't he?

My detain is not who fox news reports the news to, Its how they do it. as a great man once said. Reality and facts have a well known liberal bias.

Fox news lies and has unethical news practices. That's why i dislike them. They fabricate news, they don't report it. while all news adds a little spice, fox news goes above and beyond.

now lets all give each other terrorist fist bumps and get some pizza.

The 'terrorist fist jab' comment was ridiculously overblown. It was in the context of like 5 other random, stupid sayings; it was bad, 2 PM news that was not meant to be anything more than just a "wow, we don't see Presidential candidates bump fists." If you think that that was a serious assumption of Fox you misunderestimate your enemy.

Secondly..

How does reality and facts have a liberal bias?

We could get into some really funny, long arguments in this thread -- but instead I just hope you stick around longer and you can be re-educated.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well for starters that very "etc..." part. It's pretty much Fox vs everyone else. There's a good reason why they are a minority.

- Ectezus

Why it does not alarm any free thinking person "On the Left" that Fox News IS THE ONLY place where there is real criticism of the Obama administration . . . is such a shocking developement, that indeed our country may be totally lost.

:confused:

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I also have to say:

Marijuana is probably about as bad for you as alcohol is...

And... Alcohol is really bad for you. :)

Alcohol is a factor in:

40% of violent crimes
32% of traffic fatalities (source
- 55% of offenders and 53% of victims in college sexual assault cases were somehow intoxicated.(source)

If you were to tally up the number of people who messed up good years of their life due to alcoholism or drug abuse it'd be a pretty astronomical figure.

Perhaps the best way to settle this would be to say, if you don't know someone who has messed up significant parts of their life due to substance abuse, raise your hand.
Have you ever been around anyone that was high? You would be lucky to get them off the couch, let alone get in a car and crash into someone or get them off the couch to go rape a girl.

You state that you think marijuana is as bad as alcohol, then list of all the reasons why alcohol is bad, but then give absolutely to correlation between marijuana and alcohol. I mean, really...?

Reactions: Joachim
Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Why it does not alarm any free thinking person "On the Left" that Fox News IS THE ONLY place where there is real criticism of the Obama administration . . . is such a shocking developement, that indeed our country may be totally lost.

Just because there is criticism of Obama does not make it the only unbiased news association out there. ALL news outlets on TV are biased, that is a given. They all pander to one side or the other.

For every bit of legit criticism of Obama, his administration and democrats there is on Fox there is also a piece that is absolutely absurd.

To say that Fox News is unbiased is just being blind and ignorant. To say that ANY news organization is unbiased is also being blind and ignorant. It's never smart to get your news from ONE organization or one side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
How do you feel with what Obama has done on Iran?

He handles the situation pretty poorly, doesn't he?

Why should America interfere? Iran is protesting over a fake election. They are showing The colors of America with this revolution. That namely being the right of representation.

The 'terrorist fist jab' comment was ridiculously overblown.
fox news does those cheap underhanded tactics all the time. People just fought back the slime on this one.

It was in the context of like 5 other random, stupid sayings; it was bad, 2 PM news that was not meant to be anything more than just a "wow, we don't see Presidential candidates bump fists."
Then maybe they should have said "wow, we don't see Presidential candidates bump fists." and discuss it in a much more intellectual and civilized way rather then trying to smear him as a Muslim. btw how do you smear a guy to be associated with a crazy christian pastor AND smear him as a Muslim. yeah... fox news is good at what they do. I will give you that.

If you think that that was a serious assumption of Fox you misunderestimate your enemy.
actually it shows a undertone of racism, as things like that are not an isolated incident. Most of fox news is like that. Although i do have a few people at fox news that I like.

Shep Smiths, "We d NOT ****ing torture!" comment really softened my heart to him.

How does reality and facts have a liberal bias?
because facts tend to favor the liberal view point more often. In other words i think liberals alight thier view points with the facts while conservatives (the leaders at least) try to align the facts to their view point.

I know a few people who actually think Steven Colbert is a conservative. That's why he was invited to one of Bushes dinners.

We could get into some really funny, long arguments in this thread -- but instead I just hope you stick around longer and you can be re-educated.
you mean like in 1984? lol. anyway i will stick around. I will be gone for a few days and i may be banned in that time while i am gone. but i will try to be back as soon as I can.

Upvote 0
C

ChaliceThunder

I've debated Ed Schultz several times on his show for long periods of time. The last time for about 30-minutes
the day of Obama's latest mea culpa America to the Islamic world. There's a thread about my style on Ed's website forum.

Olberman would be a piece of cake.

That was YOU????

Too bad Ed ate you for a snack!
^_^

Upvote 0
C

ChaliceThunder

Obviously you keep missing Olbermann, Maddow, and Schultz often!

Perhaps you need to spend more time with MSNBC to get the real facts.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And based on the prior years election, how in the world can you not say the same for the liberal media (abc/cbs/msnbc etc...)????

Can you deny for a moment that they did nothing but try to paint everything good and republican in a dark light?

How long till you realize that the vast majority of the country were duped to a greater degree by the liberal media?

How can I say the so-called liberal media doesn't create propaganda pieces? Because they don't, especially not to the degree that's shown in the OP. When they report something often show both sides. Contast the marijuana issue coverage on CNN from what's in the OP that Fox did and it becomes clear.

Not everything that is good is Republican. Not everything that is Republican is good. The last election showed pretty vast coverage, and showed the flaws and good sides of each candidate. But we're not talking about the election, we're talking about marijuana coverage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How can I say the so-called liberal media doesn't create propaganda pieces? Because they don't, especially not to the degree that's shown in the OP. When they report something often show both sides. Contast the marijuana issue coverage on CNN from what's in the OP that Fox did and it becomes clear.

Not everything that is good is Republican. Not everything that is Republican is good. The last election showed pretty vast coverage, and showed the flaws and good sides of each candidate. But we're not talking about the election, we're talking about marijuana coverage.

Actually we're talking about Fox News, not "marijuana coverage".

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever been around anyone that was high? You would be lucky to get them off the couch, let alone get in a car and crash into someone or get them off the couch to go rape a girl.

You state that you think marijuana is as bad as alcohol, then list of all the reasons why alcohol is bad, but then give absolutely to correlation between marijuana and alcohol. I mean, really...?

I've smoked weed before. It was pretty weak and unenjoyable.

Yeah, I am aware that it allegedly makes people lazier, etc. and perhaps that is the case.

However, it acts as a gateway drug.

And I am sure you are familiar with the argument behind that.

Why should America interfere? Iran is protesting over a fake election. They are showing The colors of America with this revolution. That namely being the right of representation.

I am more speaking of the past issues we've had with Iranian WMD development.

fox news does those cheap underhanded tactics all the time. People just fought back the slime on this one.

BBC does the same "underhanded" tactics.

Then maybe they should have said "wow, we don't see Presidential candidates bump fists." and discuss it in a much more intellectual and civilized way rather then trying to smear him as a Muslim. btw how do you smear a guy to be associated with a crazy christian pastor AND smear him as a Muslim. yeah... fox news is good at what they do. I will give you that.

Have you seen the clip?

She is trying to sound vaguely funny or cute. She is not trying to sound derisive.

This is exactly why the anti-Fox hysteria needs to end. It becomes a lie.

actually it shows a undertone of racism, as things like that are not an isolated incident. Most of fox news is like that. Although i do have a few people at fox news that I like.

Shep Smiths, "We d NOT ****ing torture!" comment really softened my heart to him.

Well, no. Fox is not racist.

Do you have evidence of this?

Racism is the most overused word.

because facts tend to favor the liberal view point more often. In other words i think liberals alight thier view points with the facts while conservatives (the leaders at least) try to align the facts to their view point.

That seems to make no sense -- especially on economic issues.

I will stick around and debate you in other threads.

Your idea on this one is very wrong.

Upvote 0

Hypothetical

Curious
Jun 9, 2009
✟15,272.00
Faith
Agnostic
There is no problem with some slip-ups at a news organization attempting to be as objective as possible.

There is no problem with blatant bias at a news organization that announces the viewer that it is blatantly biased.

There is a serious problem with a news station that tries to claim it is the former and then posts stories in a similar manner to the latter.

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've smoked weed before. It was pretty weak and unenjoyable.

Yeah, I am aware that it allegedly makes people lazier, etc. and perhaps that is the case.

And I am sure you are familiar with the argument behind that.
Well, I'm sorry you did not enjoy your experience.

It is in fact, not a gateway drug and many studies have been performed to show just that.

Marijuana Use Per Se Not a 'Gateway' To Illicit Drug Use, Study Says - NORML
Predictors of Marijuana Use in Adolescents Before and After Licit Drug Use: Examination of the Gateway Hypothesis -- Tarter et al. 163 (12): 2134 -- Am J Psychiatry
RAND | News Release | RAND Study Casts Doubt on Claims That Marijuana Acts as "Gateway" to the Use of Cocaine and Heroin

If someone is going to do harder drugs, they will do it with or without weed. In fact, tobacco and alcohol could also be viewed as "gateway" drugs, yet you do not see people throwing their arms up in the air to make that illegal. I was very against the use of marijuana growing up, but as I got older I saw through the propaganda. I smoke weed and I have absolutely zero desire to do any other sort of drug. Why? Because I'm a responsible smoker and I know the negative outcomes of other drugs, especially ones that are man made and I have absolutely no desire to participate. While it may be a gateway drug for some, that is not the case for all and I'm sure you will find that is not even the case for the majority of weed smokers.

Maybe if we educated people more with the truth about illegal drugs there wouldn't be such a "gateway" issue to begin with. And I'm talking about providing people with real information, not just propaganda that is used as fearmongering in an attempt to get people not to use drugs. Or maybe, if we promoted responsible drug use there wouldn't be such an issue either.

How can you use the examples you used in your previous post against marijuana that has no correlation to marijuana? Even you admit yourself, that you know that it's commonly experienced that it makes people lazier.

Upvote 0
S

Silent Bob

The US have the best TV! I am betting my left... lung there is nothing better than smoking some weed and watching Fox News. Refer Madness the Musical can suck it! After a couple of joints I suggest you move on to Colbert the transition will be so smooth it will leave you wondering if Fox News is really on a bad self sarcasm trip or what?

've smoked weed before. It was pretty weak and unenjoyable.
If you want good weed there is only one way my friend buy some seeds and grow a plant.:D
Failing that a trip to Holland is highly recomended.

A gateway to what? Sitting on your couch all day and pizza delivery addiction? I agree! It is a nightmare. But the whole idea of a gateway drug is stupid. Bad parenting is a gateway, poverty is a gateway, happy hour in a club is a gateway. Weed if anything stops people from using other drugs, the only time a serious stoner should get out of bed is when the pot runs out and he/she is lucky if they have money to buy pot... No money, energy and will to do anything else. Except for mushrooms but then you need cows and a car and someone who knows what to pick and ZZZzzzz.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.