Status
Not open for further replies.

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Let me say at the outset that this is in no way meant to promote the use of marijuana. I couldn't care less if anyone uses it or not. I'm presenting this solely as an example of Fox's highly unethical publishing standards, which I consider no better than tabloid journalism.
"Fox News is running an alarmist story today [6-17-2009] under the outrageous headline, “Marijuana Not Only Gets You High, It Damages Your DNA.”

The ‘news’ story, which several other mainstream media outlets are also promoting, is based on a new British study assessing the effects of, ahem, “calf thymus DNA treated in vitro (in a Petri dish) … with the smoke generated from 1, 5, and 10 cannabis cigarettes.”

Yes, really.

So how did Fox “We report, you decide” News summarize this non-story? Let’s take a look.

source
I leave it to you to click on the "source" link and read how Fox News has misreported the facts.

Last edited:

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let me say at the outset that this is in no way meant to promote the use of marijuana. I couldn't care less if anyone uses it or not. I'm presenting this solely as an example of Fox's highly unethical publishing standards, which I consider no better than tabloid journalism.
"Fox News is running an alarmist story today [6-17-2009] under the outrageous headline, “Marijuana Not Only Gets You High, It Damages Your DNA.”

The ‘news’ story, which several other mainstream media outlets are also promoting, is based on a new British study assessing the effects of, ahem, “calf thymus DNA treated in vitro (in a Petri dish) … with the smoke generated from 1, 5, and 10 cannabis cigarettes.”

Yes, really.

So how did Fox “We report, you decide” News summarize this non-story? Let’s take a look.

source
I leave you click on the "source" link and read how Fox News has misreported the facts.

It's interesting how that old film "Reefer Madness" has been proven so right by the pandemic of a drug culture that has ruined the lives of countless people. No wait, we can count up to millions can't we?

Fox News, the last hope for a free America.

:cool:

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
It's interesting how that old film "Reefer Madness" has been proven so right by the pandemic of a drug culture that has ruined the lives of countless people. No wait, we can count up to millions can't we?
I can only assume you've never seen the flick. It's right in line with Fox's journalistic ethics.

Fox News, the last hope for a brain-free America.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I really hope your joking. Fox news is the death of journalism and unbiased news. fair and balanced... because we say so.

I am extremely serious. Fox News as opposed to a state run media burea where CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, CBS and the mainstream print media are all the same lemming-like voice for the Obama reelection campaign that began on Januray 20th 2009.

This is like watching the rebirth of Il Duce.

Fox is a voice of opposition to a world literally gone mad.

Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am extremely serious. Fox News as opposed to a state run media burea where CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, CBS and the mainstream print media are all the same lemming-like voice for the Obama reelection campaign that began on Januray 20th 2009.

By that logic Fox was state run between 2000-2008? :confused:

Did you think MSNBC was the last hope for a free America during this period?

Reactions: Joachim
Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic

This is like watching the rebirth of Il Duce.

Fox is a voice of opposition to a world literally gone mad.

So just where does the misreporting facts fit into the character of this paragon of sanity of yours? Is it simply a matter of "Don't pay attention to what I say, but where I'm going"?

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By that logic Fox was state run between 2000-2008? :confused:

Fair enough. But many Dem's went on Fox during that time frame.

Did you think MSNBC was the last hope for a free America during this period?

No. They are the last nail in most troubled world's coffin.

MSNBC is no laughing matter. Unless of course anyone says that What's his name, who's on at the same time as O'Reilly, isn't on meds.

Fox is the only voice of opposition to our current regime.

May they ever be so until we vote the messiah out of office.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
fox news will eventually die; people are sick of it, and people only watch it to disagree. Their ratings depend on how many people hate Fox News.

newsflash; alcohol is legal but kills a hundred percent more people than marijuana.

looks like our govt needs to think about what "protecting the people" really means.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No. They are the last nail in most troubled world's coffin.
Unless of course anyone says that What's his name, who's on at the same time as O'Reilly, isn't on meds.

Falafel!!!!

Although we all know he could never man up to Kieth face to face, let alone say his name.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think descent is very important. however in fox Noises case, they sucked up to authority for 8 years fallaciously, then did a 180 when it wasn't their guy.

That makes them hypocrites. Keith on the other hand has been pretty critical of Obama as of late.

*fixed typo*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
I

Infernalfist

But gentlemen (and ladies) how could we live without fox news? We can't have the ignorant running around without confidence. If someone wasn't there to arm them with aggressive misinformation, they might actually be able to form their own opinions and expand their minds. Now, thanks to fox news, religious zeal isn't the only weapon of the misguided, we have added political zeal to the mix. The malnourished intellect has many more reasons now to hate his neighbor. If we don't sharpen our swords on each other, how will we know that the weapon will be worthy of use against innocents worldwide?

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Falafel!!!!

Although we all know he could never man up to Kieth face to face, let alone say his name.

I've debated Ed Schultz several times on his show for long periods of time. The last time for about 30-minutes
the day of Obama's latest mea culpa America to the Islamic world. There's a thread about my style on Ed's website forum.

Olberman would be a piece of cake.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fox has now gone from a 24-hour political entertainment magazine to a downright propaganda machine. But like old-timey propaganda, people believe it. Well, there's hope, because people who believed propaganda back in the 1940's at its height in the USA now mostly realize they were duped.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fox has now gone from a 24-hour political entertainment magazine to a downright propaganda machine. But like old-timey propaganda, people believe it. Well, there's hope, because people who believed propaganda back in the 1940's at its height in the USA now mostly realize they were duped.

And based on the prior years election, how in the world can you not say the same for the liberal media (abc/cbs/msnbc etc...)????

Can you deny for a moment that they did nothing but try to paint everything good and republican in a dark light?

How long till you realize that the vast majority of the country were duped to a greater degree by the liberal media?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.