Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, the picture I have is that you're the one making lots and lots of claims, but have absolutely ZERO evidence to back up your claims.
You have presented nothing to prove that evolution is false because you HAVE NOTHING.
Stating evolution has happened without any proof showing such in the fossil record is called conjecture and misinformation.

You have to have proof to claim evolution happened. So far you have only posted macro-assemblages. And cartoon illustrations with no proof the species are linked. Only illustration and claims, not fossil record proof.

So far you can't dodge what is happening to your idol of evolution. When the fossils record says it hasn't happened even once- and all you do is try to turn such around - you're in a sinkhole falling fast.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,801.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Another opportunity to prove evolution is true and you onlu divert.

Show the fossils inbetween the below underlined that is suppose to link then or face conjecture created hierarchy.

Evolution is based on conjecture. Look at the below and realize there are no fossils inbetween them. It is an errant fabrication.

View attachment 240322
Cetaceans don't interest me. Others have presented abundant evidence in that regard. You ignored it, or dismissed it with fatuous "arguments". I've given you examples from the ammonoidea and the foraminifera. You chose to ignore those too. Repeatedly.

I'm not interested in your agenda driven misinterpretation of evidence, or your ludicrous disregard for the mountains of evidence. Exploring your views was initially fascinating, then challenging, next frustrating and ultimately extremely sad. Have the good sense and courtesy to place me on ignore. That will save you the trouble of deceiving yourself further when you are faced with the reality I place in my posts.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Stating evolution has happened without any proof showing such in the fossil record is called conjecture and misinformation.

You have to have proof to claim evolution happened. So far you have only posted macro-assemblages. And cartoon illustrations with no proof the species are linked. Only illustration and claims, not fossil record proof.

So far you can't dodge what is happening to your idol of evolution. When the fossils record says it hasn't happened even once- and all you do is try to turn such around - you're in a sinkhole falling fast.

You are just lying through your eyeballs at this point! You have been shown, repeatedly on every single thread you start, that there is fossil evidence that evolution has occurred, and yet you just flat out ignore the evidence, stick your fingers in your ears and cry "EVOLUTION NEVER OCCURRED! EVOLUTION NEVER OCCURRED!"

The only one falling down a sinkhole is you, and it's a sinkhole of your own making with your own lies.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So the brain isn't involved?
. The parasympathetic nervous system is interconnected with the brain obviously. But all nerves are otherwise they wouldn’t work . Without the brain you’d get random firings . You’d probably twitch and maybe your blood pressure would rise dangerously. ( this happens in quadriplegics)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
. The parasympathetic nervous system is interconnected with the brain obviously. But all nerves are otherwise they wouldn’t work . Without the brain you’d get random firings . You’d probably twitch and maybe your blood pressure would rise dangerously. ( this happens in quadriplegics)

So the heart can't make 'decisions' without the brain?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe the expression is “ acting like a chicken with its head cut off”

So a reflex action in response to say a hot, or sharp, object could actually cause the limb or digit to move towards the object as well as away from it?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reflexes tend to go to the spine then back to the limb in question before traveling to the brain. The normal response is to move away from damaging phenomena. Chickens demonstrate very well that they are reptiles by being able to run after being decapitated.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A bit old, but I just saw this post while looking for something else...
Sorry, I was referring to chemical, not mechanical, neurons. That would be the 'smoke signals'.
"Mechanical" neurons? What are you ranting about?
The LRN 'sheds' tiny nerve fibers to the aortic arch as it passes beneath it. I theorize that this might be a pathway for communications from the heart to the larynx (many great discoveries begin with a theory).
Why "theorize" about something when the answers are already in hand?
I have already explained this to you before - the RLN carries motor (efferent) fibers OUT of the brain TO the larynx. It carries some sensory (afferent) fibers from the laryngeal mucosa (as well as to/from regions of the esophagus). But nothing from the arch to the larynx, or the heart to the larynx. I could find nothing about "'sheds' tiny nerve fibers to the aortic arch as it passes beneath it", even at your new agey website.

What is the purpose of the heart sending signals directly to the esophagus?
None, because it doesn't.
"The extrinsic cardiac ganglia, located in the thoracic cavity, have direct connections to organs such as the lungs and esophagus and are also indirectly connected via the spinal cord to many other organs, including the skin and arteries."

Does the heart have to communicate with the brain to both manage itself and the function of other organs?
Umm... This is sort of hilarious to me.

A cautionary tale on drawing conclusions after reading things in fields you have no demonstrable skill, education, or experience in.

You see, "cardiac" means 'pertaining to the heart', and in this context, refers to a region, i.e., 'near the heart'. Extrinsic means 'external to'. These ganglia are outside of the heart, and provide innervation to the heart AND to other organs. The heart does not use them to "manage itself and the function of other organs". Victoria Station, for example, does not allow only Victoria to get on trains...
The stomach has a 'cardiac region' (aka, 'cardia') - do you think this means that the stomach has its own heart?

Weird that you apparently stopped reading that webpage after you found your quote - a bit later, we see:

"The “afferent” (flowing to the brain) parasympathetic information travels from the heart to the brain through the vagus nerve to the medulla, after passing through the nodose ganglion. The sympathetic afferent nerves first connect to the extrinsic cardiac ganglia (also a processing center), then to the dorsal root ganglion and the spinal cord. Once afferent signals reach the medulla, they travel to the subcortical areas (thalamus, amygdala, etc.) and then to the cortical areas."

Nothing about stopping off at other organs. Or sending motor impulses to the larynx. Tell us - did you really just stop reading that when you got the quote you wanted, or did you read the whole thing and not understand it? or not think it mattered? Or hoped that nobody would be able to find it? I don;t understand how you operate. It seems rather self-defeating.
Many articles about the "mind of the heart" state that the heart sends more signals to the brain than it receives from the brain, and that in many cases the brain is subservient to the 'wishes' of the heart.
First part, makes sense, second part, loony nonsense.

The heart/aorta is monitored for things like stretch, O2 levels, CO2 levels, etc - this goes to the brain for processing. To 'adjust' these things, the brain tells the heart to do one of two things - speed up, slow down. No 'need' for an excessive bunch of inputs for that.

The notion that the brain is subservient to the heart is just.... creationist.
It is also elsewhere suggested that the 'gut' has much the same powers.
I'm sure it is.

I found this on your HeartMath Institute website:

After deep reflection, McCraty’s continuously evolving vision took the concept of coherence and energetic fields to the macro level of the planet—and the very edge of science. “Coherence,” he says, “is a state of energetic alignment and cooperation between heart, mind, body, and spirit. In coherence, energy is accumulated, not wasted, leaving you more energy to manifest intention and harmonious outcomes.”

Ooooh - energy...
The main 'science' guy at HeartMath (McCraty) is also involved with Gwyneth Paltrow's "Goop" nonsense. Kind of a weird group (HeartMath) for a creationist like you to be fond of.

The Global Coherence Initiative: Woo on a global scale - RESPECTFUL INSOLENCE

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/energy-medicine-noise-based-pseudoscience/

https://slatestarcodex.com/2014/07/17/heartmath-considered-incoherent/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Young Earthers fear the fossil record. They are forced to rationalize away the truth revealed by the earth of its 4.5 +/- billion year history. If not predjudiced by Genesis, they would naturally use their God given “common sense” in the analysis of the fossil record and radio metric dating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Young Earthers fear the fossil record. They are forced to rationalize away the truth revealed by the earth of its 4.5 +/- billion year history. If not predjudiced by Genesis, they would naturally use their God given “common sense” in the analysis of the fossil record and radio metric dating.

Or just reconsider Gap Theory. They can have their cake and eat it too: A young biosphere covering an ancient earth. God renews the surface of the earth, not what has been long buried.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Or just reconsider Gap Theory. They can have their cake and eat it too: A young biosphere covering an ancient earth. God renews the surface of the earth, not what has been long buried.
Religion has it's own problem with human pride.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Genesis is conjecture, fossils are real.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You mean Gap WAG (Wild Donkeyed Guess), there is no "Gap Theory".

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You mean Gap WAG (Wild Donkeyed Guess), there is no "Gap Theory".

The geologic record says there is. To envision it one has to compose the narrative a little differently.

Hebrew (with added vowels)

"inthebeginninggodcreatedtheheavensandtheearthandtheearthwasemptyandviod......" ( the restoration of earth's surface follows).

English, with title and subtitle:

In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And The Earth.

But The Earth Became An Empty Wasteland.

( The restoration of earth's surface follows).

The writers weren't inspired to reveal what happened during the period(s) of destruction, save that the earth was originally created for the angels.

Upvote 0