Former President Donald Trump has been indicted for a second time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm a little different than most. I believe in personal accountability, over blanket laws.

...I'm not saying the world is ready for me, or my kind yet, but it's where my heart is.
If your world is where there are no drink driving laws and we only punish drunken drivers when they kill somebody...well, you'll have a long wait for that sort of world to arrive.

• Informative
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did. The mental gymnastics it took even to try to align those completely different concepts has given me a headache. How you can present it as an argument is completely and utterly beyond my comprehension.
Well, stopping *anything* that is only indirectly responsible for an undesired result, would fit into this category of 'preventative' laws.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If your world is where there are no drink driving laws and we only punish drunken drivers when they kill somebody...well, you'll have a long wait for that sort of world to arrive.
Under the pretext of preventative laws, in general, it would make sense to monitor or even jail people who are more apt to commit crime by using statistics... Or use a kind of social credit system like China has been tinkering with to improve their society.

Just saying. It's not always good. One way leads toward totalitarianism, the other toward freedom.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith