North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
CF has added a new ministry Team called Omega

It will be comprised of Ordained and Licensed Pastors and other recognized ministers who have volunteered their time to minister directly to the members and staff of Christian Forums.

This will be an evolving ministry and this team is charged with going out into forums and seeking out people who are hurting and in need and trying to bring some comfort to them through prayer and counseling. They will not be doing any regular moderator duties.

While no online ministry can take the place of a local minister or support group we feel that this will become a bridge between the two and help a lot of people currently not being reached.

Please keep this team in prayer and feel free to PM them they are here for you.

Blessings

Pastor George
Site Chaplain

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
I don't think anyone is saying that CF is Jesus- but we are called to be like Jesus. The new team is formed with that in mind.

We are called to be like Jesus. We are not called to claim his titles. We are the branches. We are not the Vine.

Upvote 0

krstlros

Currently Under Construction
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We are called to be like Jesus. We are not called to claims his titles. We are the branches. We are not the Vine.
No one is saying they are clainihng Jesus' titles but you. And, CF Administration and Staff isn't claiming they are, as you have previously stated.

Perhaps, we can channel our energy in praying they reach people who are hurt and need a little more help to see their way to God's loving arms.

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I had wondered about the name, too. Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

By whatever name, I hope the team can be of help to those who need and wish for pastoral care at CF.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
thanks for the announcement. i've posted a link to this thread in the WOF sub-forum.

we have several excellent licensed pastors there, some of whom may be interested in joining such a team.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps, we can channel our energy in praying they reach people who are hurt and need a little more help to see their way to God's loving arms.

Uhm, which God are we talking about? the Catholic one? The Baptist or Methodost one? :scratch:

Are there ministers from all kinds of Christian denominations on this team? if so, can we have a list of these people and which denomination they belong to?:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Ah, thanks for the link!

I just would have thought that such a list or naming the team members would be part of an announcement like this! Just as curtesy towards the members .... son they don't have to go try and hutn down the info I asked for! :)

Also, could we have a little short introduction by the team members? Ya know - "Hi, I am so and so, I am a minister in such and such a church, ym main emphasis in ministering so far has be X, Y, and Z!"

Would be nice, since these people are supposed to council and minister to others around here! :)

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
thanks for the announcement. i've posted a link to this thread in the WOF sub-forum.

we have several excellent licensed pastors there, some of whom may be interested in joining such a team.:thumbsup:
I think it's an excellant idea. There are some of us here who want to minister without the title of moderator, because ppl tend to think of moderators on this forum, as cops, and for myself, I think that would be a hindrence on this forum to my ministry, though in other places I moderate, it's not a hindrance.

And there is nothing wrong with anyone using the Name Alpha or Omega. Jesus is not the least bit offended. Jesus is also the A and the Z; are we expected to take those letters our of our words just because of some religious idea? And actually, Alpha and Omega are greek letters, and Jesus is the A and the Z in Hebrew letters, not Greek. That was done in the wrong language.

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I do think this is a good (and needed) thing here on CF.

My only question would be-- what of those of us who are currently mods, and are already recognized as "pastors" for CF? I would be interested in helping/working with the pastoral team, but I don't want to abandon the mods in the forums I am assigned to. Much of the time, I am called on more for support/input than actually issuing warnings/infractions.

Will those on the new Pastoral Team give input in handling reports--especially if they may know something about a situation that is not common knowledge? How exactly is this supposed to work?

Reactions: FatBurger
Upvote 0