Formal Debate Peanut Gallery thread - Unmarried Co-Habitation is Morally Wrong ...

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why am I suddenly reminded of Billy Madison?

Nothing actually stated there resembled an argument against Co-habitation. It barely qualified as an argument against the points Ana brought up. Yeesh, what a weak return volley.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Have you seen the logic used by TCMDave in other debates? Making no sense is par for the course.

The Carnal Man cant understand the things of God because he prefers to distance himself from his Creator. So matters of Godly living, principles, morality, etc....are foreign to such a person , and in fact, an affront. Regards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only to those who don't wish to be the recipient of sound , moral, logic ... and who find pleasure in suppressing their God prescribed moral conscience so they can live as they like for a few short earthly decades.

We understand. You don't do well with those who don't subscribe to your personal brand of theology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Only to those who don't wish to be the recipient of sound , moral, logic ... and who find pleasure in suppressing their God prescribed moral conscience so they can live as they like for a few short earthly decades.

How would you know Dave? You were never an atheist.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Hey, don't waste those non sequiturs and question begging on me! Save it for your debate!

Reactions: KitKatMatt
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed members of the CF community, don't be disappointed in my opponent's first post. I understand why it might appear lacking to some of you...but make no mistake, it is a brilliant first post. I implore you, read it again...because this is the kind of argument to make when your position lacks any kind of validity. When you have no reasons for anyone to support your position, when the facts are not in your favor, you should do exactly as David has...draw attention away from the big picture by placing a flashy frame around it. Well I'm sorry Dave, good frames won't save bad paintings.

OUCH. Ana, you have a way with words. :D

Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How would you know Dave? You were never an atheist.

I was a professed atheist for about 10 adult years in fact. I know all the ins and outs of atheism including its lifestyle, motives, desires, and the strong desire to keep distanced from our Creator. I also shacked up with a couple different women during that time so I know about the lifestyle and the self centeredness behind it .

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I was a professed atheist for about 10 adult years in fact. I know all the ins and outs of atheism including its lifestyle, motives, desires, and the strong desire to keep distanced from our Creator.
There aren´t many things that disqualify you from being an atheist, but the desire to keep distanced from your Creator certainly is.

Reactions: The Cadet
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was a professed atheist for about 10 adult years in fact. I know all the ins and outs of atheism including its lifestyle, motives, desires, and the strong desire to keep distanced from our Creator. I also shacked up with a couple different women during that time so I know about the lifestyle and the self centeredness behind it .

Tell us you're perceptions of the atheist lifestyle.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Sure you did David...but you believed in god the whole time

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I was a professed atheist
the strong desire to keep distanced from our Creator.

Uh, Dave, if you believed in a God, then you weren't an atheist.

I also shacked up with a couple different women during that time so I know about the lifestyle and the self centeredness behind it .

So you led a self-centered lifestyle that you now regret. That's unfortunate. Would you like to stop acting like that automatically applies to the 15% of the world's population which is non-religious and atheistic? I'm not aware of any particular atheistic lifestyle; I reckon my lifestyle, based around humanism and utilitarianism is quite a bit different from the lifestyle of a buddhist monk (who also does not believe in any god). Either way, your broad brush does not apply to me, and it does not apply to any of the atheists I know.

Upvote 0