"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My friend/neighbor passed away this week. Everything happened so quickly. I cried so hard yesterday, processing everything. He was like a dad to me. God really blessed me through him, he used to help me a lot. I wonder if there was anything I could have done differently that might have changed the situation. Maybe if I had prayed more? I am grateful to God that He helped me to perform the kindnesses for my neighbor that He laid on my heart. I thank God that I had the chance to read the Bible to him and pray with him at his bedside though he was not conscious. I will forever miss my friend.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My friend/neighbor passed away this week. Everything happened so quickly. I cried so hard yesterday, processing everything. He was like a dad to me. God really blessed me through him, he used to help me a lot. I wonder if there was anything I could have done differently that might have changed the situation. Maybe if I had prayed more? I am grateful to God that He helped me to perform the kindnesses for my neighbor that He laid on my heart. I thank God that I had the chance to read the Bible to him and pray with him at his bedside though he was not conscious. I will forever miss my friend.
I’m very sorry for you loss. Praying that you both meet again.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much Michie. I also hope to see him in eternity.
Sounds like you were wonderful friends to each other, appointed to help each other along at a specific time and place. Things are like that with God. So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you both did everything you could do. Mission accomplished. I pray you find peace.

Upvote 0

Annel Bench

Oct 15, 2022
Duchesne
✟15,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God lets the world and everything in it work through its own freedom of choice, but He is always there in control too. Death is part of our journey. It feels painful and scary, only because we don't yet have a perfect knowledge of what awaits us. It feels like we won't see our loved ones for such a long time, and that hurts. But time moves quickly. All believers in Christ and doers of good will be together again in a place much more beautiful and loving. Trust in God's plan! Continuously choose to put heartache in the Lord's hands.This act of faith will comfort you!

Upvote 0