• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Foreign words

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just messed up big time again regarding the Holy Spirit. I was laying in bed an thinking about something that I do not exactly remember then I had this word come into my mind "vaffan culo" which I believe is an italian word. For some reason I thought "vaffan culo Holy Spirit". At this point I did not know the meaning of this word.

I looked up the word a moment ago and it was an italian curse word that means "f you".

I asked for forgiveness before I looked it up because I remembered it was a bad word but I did not know exactly what it meant. Is this it for me?

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi don’t be concerned by it. Some times satan will be very active in our thoughts. It is not sin, the devil is using your mind, by injecting negative words. The next step will be that he will accuse you of sin. Then there is a scripture in the bible called blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. He will try to convince you that that is what you did. All of this is an attempt to turn you away from God. I have seen it time and time again in peoples lives. Just don’t worry you have not sinned.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just messed up big time again regarding the Holy Spirit. I was laying in bed an thinking about something that I do not exactly remember then I had this word come into my mind "vaffan culo" which I believe is an italian word. For some reason I thought "vaffan culo Holy Spirit". At this point I did not know the meaning of this word.

I looked up the word a moment ago and it was an italian curse word that means "f you".

I asked for forgiveness before I looked it up because I remembered it was a bad word but I did not know exactly what it meant. Is this it for me?
We all have minds that do weird things, and sometimes randomly think bad thoughts that we don't mean. The trouble of those of us with OCD is that we think that if we have a thought, we mean the thought. We have to learn that this is not necessarily true. It's so important to keep learning all we can about OCD/scrupulosity and how to treat it. If you need advice or resources for how to do that, I can suggest some.

Upvote 0