United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did he actually say that?
Yes, I did; after I made it plain that we are instructed -- in Writing -- not to believe any pretrib appearances of Jesus.

Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
That's a cracker.
Saltines?

Matthew 5:13a ¶ Ye are the salt of the earth:

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes, I did; after I made it plain that we are instructed -- in Writing -- not to believe any pretrib appearances of Jesus.

Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

And you prove my point elegantly.

Upvote 0

wensdee

Jan 24, 2011
✟595.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
As long as we feed you the attention you're clearly not getting off the boards, will you complain?
An Alsatian dog [German Shepherd] apparently craves attention so much it doesn't care if it's master is patting it or hitting it just as long as it receives attention, they will rip shoes and even furniture apart just to get some attention.

I think from what I have read [and his post count] AV must be a lot like that, just as long as he receives attention he will make as big a fool of himself as is necessary, your ordinary run of the mill Christianity would get him nothing so he must think as a numb nut creationists it should get him all the attention he craves, just like people who dye their hair green or blue attention is the name of the game, for AV his God must be just a means to an end, and I thought I had problems, I'm the lucky one.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
An Alsatian dog [German Shepherd] apparently craves attention so much it doesn't care if it's master is patting it or hitting it just as long as it receives attention, they will rip shoes and even furniture apart just to get some attention.

I think from what I have read [and his post count] AV must be a lot like that, just as long as he receives attention he will make as big a fool of himself as is necessary, your ordinary run of the mill Christianity would get him nothing so he must think as a numb nut creationists it should get him all the attention he craves, just like people who dye their hair green or blue attention is the name of the game, for AV his God must be just a means to an end, and I thought I had problems, I'm the lucky one.

so which is less dignified, playing the fool for attention, or, giving it to him?

Upvote 0

wensdee

Jan 24, 2011
✟595.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
so which is less dignified, playing the fool for attention, or, giving it to him?
Playing the fool for attention has got to be the less dignified [dignified is not the word I would have chosen, more like degrading] because we each pander to his need only occasionally, and even then mostly for fun.

I'm sure by now AV must know that he is not taken seriously by most of the people here, surely he must, then again creationism is a peculiarly American thing so he must be surrounded by them so perhaps it's possible he hasn't got the massage yet, after all a fool among fools is never noticed, in the land of the blind a one eyed man is king.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Playing the fool for attention has got to be the less dignified [dignified is not the word I would have chosen, more like degrading] because we each pander to his need only occasionally, and even then mostly for fun.

I'm sure by now AV must know that he is not taken seriously by most of the people here, surely he must, then again creationism is a peculiarly American thing so he must be surrounded by them so perhaps it's possible he hasn't got the massage yet, after all a fool among fools is never noticed, in the land of the blind a one eyed man is king.

I don't know AV have you got THE massage lately??? What massage? I haven't had a massage in quite awhile. I wonder how these guys would know personal stuff like that about you???

For someone "less dignified" you seem to be dignified with a lot of attention.
I mean after all isn't this post ALL ABOUT you AV? These guys sure are an anomaly aren't they???

Bigot
A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own.

CONCEIT
b : favorable opinion; especially : excessive appreciation of one's own worth or virtue

Did you hear the bigotry and conceit?.... "not taken seriously BY THE PEOPLE HERE". OOOOOOO "the PEOPLE HERE" such an elite group. They will "run over you if you don't keep up." You know those over INFLATED EGO PEOPLE here.

INFLATED
1: elaborated or heightened by artificial or empty means
2: distended with air or gas
3: expanded to an abnormal or unjustifiable volume or level
4: being hollow and enlarged or distended

It reminds me of the scripture.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, THEY became fools,

They don't even realize it but isn't that what she said?..."after all a fool among fools is never noticed." They just don't know.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Bigot
A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own.

Oh, well if you hate bigotry, then wait to you see AV call the Pharisees scientists, as well as the several dozen other jibes he regularly makes at scientists for daring to disagree with his personal interpretations of the Bible.

And if you're a Christian who accepts evolution, the fun begins!

Lol, you guys are hilarious - you're calling the other side intolerant of opinions and you're the ones worshipping a god who'll burn people for daring to disagree with him.

Did you hear the bigotry and conceit?.... "not taken seriously BY THE PEOPLE HERE". OOOOOOO "the PEOPLE HERE" such an elite group. They will "run over you if you don't keep up." You know those over INFLATED EGO PEOPLE here.

Sore that this little corner of CF isn't filled with other yes-men with crosses round their necks?

Pointing out facts does seem to make a lot of overbearing Christians shout "elitism" - I wonder why.

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow you have gone from insulting a fellow Christian Church (Orthodox) to calling me arrogant!

Whatever pleases you! I personally do not accept your way of proselytising by threatening eternal damnation to anyone who does not follow your religious dogma.

If however you were to preach love and peace instead of eternal damnation then it is possible that people will listen to what you have to say. I have this feeling that you harbour much hate in your heart for those that do not subscribe to your religion.

I fear that I must retire from this debate as it is degenerating into a shouting match.

My advise to you is to preach love and peace if you want to bring people into your religion otherwise all you are doing is making more people shun your religion.

:wave:

WOW, I am speechless that someone could be so warped in their perception of what others are saying and ignorant of their own vindictive ways.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
WOW, I am speechless that someone could be so warped in their perception of what others are saying and ignorant of their own vindictive ways.

Well you know what they say about minds of different sizes, in descending order.

talk about ideas
talk about things
talk about people

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, well if you hate bigotry, then wait to you see AV call the Pharisees scientists, as well as the several dozen other jibes he regularly makes at scientists for daring to disagree with his personal interpretations of the Bible.

And if you're a Christian who accepts evolution, the fun begins!

Lol, you guys are hilarious - you're calling the other side intolerant of opinions and you're the ones worshipping a god who'll burn people for daring to disagree with him.

Sore that this little corner of CF isn't filled with other yes-men with crosses round their necks?

Pointing out facts does seem to make a lot of overbearing Christians shout "elitism" - I wonder why.

Just calling a spade a spade. Can't see the forest for the trees???

You wonder why? I'll tell you. I only shout "elitism" when the so-called "pointed-out-facts" are just an attempt by "THE PEOPLE HERE" to exalt themselves above others. Those were actual posts I was quoting. I didn't say it THEY did. Not my interpretation of what was said but what they said!!!! You don't even have to read between the lines. They come right out and say these things. I just write what they say. UNLIKE those that when I say something RATHER THAN it being "quoted" it is twisted, and injected with all manner of lies and then presented as fact. And you guys wonder why I don't trust some of you and the "facts" you give about science. I can't!!! There are "PEOPLE HERE" who get things SO wrong about what I said that they are either blatantly and purposefully and wickedly LYING about what I said or they are so ignorant or blinded by their bigotry that they can't grasp a simple sentence!!!

In honesty there are a "few" who I believe actually do try to engage in unbiased conversation and debate but they are certainly the "few." I do not mind disagreement, that is accepted and expected but when the bigots can do nothing but twist and conjure up the most reprehensible misrepresentations of what I say I'm going to call it like it is. Too long the "PEOPLE HERE" have held the medal on calling Christians and our God bigots. I'm just "pointing out the facts" on on and to the other side and giving the "PEOPLE HERE" a dose of their own medicine.

There are "PEOPLE HERE" who's only goal or intent is to fight, malign, twist, accuse, misrepresent, etc. They "get off" on these things. They have no other life, I assume. It is their way of feeling somewhat elated and accepted by the other "PEOPLE HERE" who they feel hold to their own warped sense of being.

I will admit I do get "distracted" at times by their antics but it is certainly not the highest and best use of my time.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Just calling a spade a spade. Can't see the forest for the trees???

Ignore clichés like the plague, Inan, they're all old hat.

You wonder why? I'll tell you. I only shout "elitism" when the so-called "pointed-out-facts" are just an attempt by "THE PEOPLE HERE" to exalt themselves above others. Those were actual posts I was quoting. I didn't say it THEY did. Not my interpretation of what was said but what they said!!!!

It was your interpretation, the only thing wensdee said in the part of his post you were referring to was that people here (i.e. the people on this board, which is hardly an attempt at self-exaltation) don't agree with AV - which is a pretty accurate description of things. More people here disagree with him than not.

How exactly is that elitist?

You don't even have to read between the lines. They come right out and say these things. I just write what they say. UNLIKE those that when I say something RATHER THAN it being "quoted" it is twisted, and injected with all manner of lies and then presented as fact.

As I have pointed out with the above, you are putting your own spin on people's words in some cases.

And you guys wonder why I don't trust some of you and the "facts" you give about science. I can't!!! There are "PEOPLE HERE" who get things SO wrong about what I said that they are either blatantly and purposefully and wickedly LYING about what I said or they are so ignorant or blinded by their bigotry that they can't grasp a simple sentence!!!

The whole point of science is that it can be checked. You don't have to take our word for it. By contrast, a defence of Christianity is only as strong as the personal interpretation of the Bible it's based on.

In honesty there are a "few" who I believe actually do try to engage in unbiased conversation and debate but they are certainly the "few." I do not mind disagreement, that is accepted and expected but when the bigots can do nothing but twist and conjure up the most reprehensible misrepresentations of what I say I'm going to call it like it is. Too long the "PEOPLE HERE" have held the medal on calling Christians and our God bigots.

As I already pointed out, you worship a being that is a bigot, according to the definition you posted. He cannot stand dissent, to the point that he inflicts eternal hellfire on people for it.

I'm just "pointing out the facts" on on and to the other side and giving the "PEOPLE HERE" a dose of their own medicine.

Whatever you want to call a double standard.

There are "PEOPLE HERE" who's only goal or intent is to fight, malign, twist, accuse, misrepresent, etc. They "get off" on these things. They have no other life, I assume. It is their way of feeling somewhat elated and accepted by the other "PEOPLE HERE" who they feel hold to their own warped sense of being.

I would say the exact same thing about a few people who have crosses next to their names.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you can keep in mind that i wont carry on a conversation with pink, so suit yourself in that regard..
FYI, it's not pink -- think about that the next time you rail against Pi in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Its just something people might keep in mind.

you can keep in mind that i wont carry on a conversation with pink, so suit yourself in that regard..

As long as we are "keeping things in mind" ... keep THIS in mind that I am NOT going to stop using pink!!! So, if you don't want to carry on a conversation with me don't answer my posts!! That's pretty simple isn't it. If you do want to answer my posts then, "deal with it." It's not as big as you make it in your mind. You might get your way at home by stamping your feet but it's not going to work with me. Put your big girl pants on!!

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FYI, it's not pink -- think about that the next time you rail against Pi in the Bible.

That's right... it's actually called magenta!! One of my favorite colors I might add. "PEOPLE HERE" should appreciate that I am sharing my favorite with them.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"PEOPLE HERE" should appreciate that I am sharing my favorite with them.
Forget that, sis.

I came here 5 years ago thinking people would appreciate I agreeing with 95% of what they say -- (even against what my pastor believes) -- and being given a set of standards that allow science and Scripture to walk side-by-side to a point; but alas, God's Word has the final say:

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.