INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
WOW did you copy and paste your answer from California Sun's post?

Too bad you didn't take time to read what I was saying so you could get some benefit from it. What some deem arrogance I deem confidence in knowing what I'm talking about.

You falsely state what I preach, twisting it's meaning and replacing it with your own warped interpretation. You accuse me of being a heretic using your limited understanding of what some churches teach. You have called me a Pharisee and Hypocrite several times. And now, because I call you on it, and prove that what you THINK you know about being a Christian or about God and His Word is wrong, you arrogantly call me arrogant. Such a copout on intelligent communication.

And one more thing, I am not intimidated by your name calling. It would only bother me if someone I respected and found to have an honest perspective about what they believed was saying it about me, but then again, I'm quite sure someone who fit that description, even though they did not agree with me, would not stoop to such unnecessary name calling. Unlike you, who felt a rush of boldness because someone else called me arrogant and so you lash out at me again.... at least California Sun had some creativity in his allegation.
Wow you have gone from insulting a fellow Christian Church (Orthodox) to calling me arrogant!

Whatever pleases you! I personally do not accept your way of proselytising by threatening eternal damnation to anyone who does not follow your religious dogma.

If however you were to preach love and peace instead of eternal damnation then it is possible that people will listen to what you have to say. I have this feeling that you harbour much hate in your heart for those that do not subscribe to your religion.

I fear that I must retire from this debate as it is degenerating into a shouting match.

My advise to you is to preach love and peace if you want to bring people into your religion otherwise all you are doing is making more people shun your religion.

:wave:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ummm isn't this in stark contrast to you refusing to be a homo Sabine and being quite proud of your ignorance?
Ummm ... speaking of ignorance.
and do you not despise instruction?
Only instruction that goes against the Bible.

In fact, I have a set of standards that allow me to agree with most of what you guys believe -- even against what my own pastor believes; but I notice it doesn't impress you guys at all -- (not that I'm trying to).

The fact that I don't agree with you guys against the Bible bothers you, in my opinion.
In fact i think most creationists do.
Bible-believing creationists should stand out in contrast to evolutionists -- don't you think?

Evolution is a man-made philosophy, based on mans' interpretations of what they see, apart from the word of God -- so why wouldn't Bible believers stand out in contrast to evolutionists?
They hate that the world of science is at the center of evidence and truth.
As they should, since God should be at the center of Truth.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
As they should, since God should be at the center of Truth.

But he isn't. he is nowhere to be found. :p

maybe if he was real... that might make a profound difference. but instead creationists will just have to settle for a god that cannot be seen in the light and hides in the gaps of known reality until that light of reason and truth finds that he was never there in the first place.

Science is not a religion and that's what creationists fear about it most. Its the honest search for the truth. And the truth will set people free... of religion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But he isn't. he is nowhere to be found. :p

maybe if he was real... that might make a profound difference. but insted creationists will just have to settle for a god that cannot be seen in the light and hides in the gaps of known reality until that light of reason and truth finds that he was never there in the first place.

Dont magnetic fields hide in the gaps of visible reality?

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Science is not a religion and that's what creationists fear about it most. Its the honest search for the truth. And the truth will set people free... of religion.
It only serves to bring to man's awareness the active forces latent around him through an acquired means. Then you have the use of these forces to fulfill the will. Religion also does that. Science doesn't say that magnetic fields are a future visible process. Only visibliists attempting to use science do that. As a matter of fact, the loss of sensory faculties at this stage turns most observable repeatable knowledge into what is called religion today. And all "search for the truth" is not, and has to be in opposition of what has already been said. Science doesn't say that either. You appear to be conflating materialism and science.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But he isn't. he is nowhere to be found.
Try looking for Him where He says He is, instead of using myopic tools.

1 Kings 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
1 Kings 19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It only serves to bring to man's awareness the active forces latent around him through an acquired means. Then you have the use of these forces to fulfill the will. Religion also does that. Science doesn't say that magnetic fields are a future visible process. Only visibliists attempting to use science do that. As a matter of fact, the loss of sensory faculties at this stage turns most observable repeatable knowledge into what is called religion today. And all "search for the truth" is not, and has to be in opposition of what has already been said. Science doesn't say that either. You appear to be conflating materialism and science.
Does anyone here understand what he is on about :confused:

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Wow you have gone from insulting a fellow Christian Church (Orthodox) to calling me arrogant!

Whatever pleases you! I personally do not accept your way of proselytising by threatening eternal damnation to anyone who does not follow your religious dogma.

If however you were to preach love and peace instead of eternal damnation then it is possible that people will listen to what you have to say. I have this feeling that you harbour much hate in your heart for those that do not subscribe to your religion.

I fear that I must retire from this debate as it is degenerating into a shouting match.

My advise to you is to preach love and peace if you want to bring people into your religion otherwise all you are doing is making more people shun your religion.

:wave:

i for one would not want to join that club, or end up like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Ummm isn't this in stark contrast to you refusing to be a homo Sabine and being quite proud of your ignorance?

and do you not despise instruction? In fact i think most creationists do. They hate that the world of science is at the center of evidence and truth.

homo Sabine?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
In fact, I have a set of standards that allow me to agree with most of what you guys believe -- even against what my own pastor believes; but I notice it doesn't impress you guys at all -- (not that I'm trying to).

In reality, you worship your standards and believe in your standards over anything else. You've built your standards around the Bible, sure, but your standards is what keeps you from accepting reality. Only a man who can admit that his standards or beliefs could be wrong is a humble man that is worthy of respect.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In reality, you worship your standards and believe in your standards over anything else.
Riiight -- :doh:

Let's see now: I worship the Bible, I worship myself, now I worship my standards.

Anything else?

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
In reality, you worship your standards and believe in your standards over anything else. You've built your standards around the Bible, sure, but your standards is what keeps you from accepting reality. Only a man who can admit that his standards or beliefs could be wrong is a humble man that is worthy of respect.

"Standards" that have dinosaurs making footprints in the angels' coal bins!

Where exactly would one fit the word 'respect' into a statement about that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged

Let's see now: I worship the Bible, I worship myself, now I worship my standards; anything else?

You worship yourself and your standards (which are really just your thoughts, so it's essentially the same thing). You worship the Bible to a lesser extent, but only because in your worship of the Bible it validates your worship of yourself. You are in a complicated web of narcissism, which was evident when you said that if Jesus came back and told you that you were wrong, you wouldn't believe him.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Most Christian creationists actually worship the bible above all other things. It's more important than the things that were created, it's more important than Jesus, and more important than God. They will deny this of course, but will always do what the bible says over what Jesus or God did, and at the same time tell us that what they are doing is exactly what Jesus or God did. In the area of science, they will stand amidst a forest, or desert, or beach, with all the evidence of their god's work and it's true age and origins, and will outright deny it in place of what the bible says. The bible is supposed to be God's word, but the universe is supposed to be his creation.

If I built a house last year, and write down that I built it last Thursday, and in that note, said that only the note is true....

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Most Christian creationists actually worship the bible above all other things. It's more important than the things that were created, it's more important than Jesus, and more important than God. They will deny this of course, but will always do what the bible says over what Jesus or God did, and at the same time tell us that what they are doing is exactly what Jesus or God did. In the area of science, they will stand amidst a forest, or desert, or beach, with all the evidence of their god's work and it's true age and origins, and will outright deny it in place of what the bible says. The bible is supposed to be God's word, but the universe is supposed to be his creation.

If I built a house last year, and write down that I built it last Thursday, and in that note, said that only the note is true....

i think its worse than that, they worship their own inerrancy.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

Let's see now: I worship the Bible, I worship myself, now I worship my standards.

Anything else?

As long as it all comes back to you, do you care?

As long as we feed you the attention you're clearly not getting off the boards, will you complain?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.