Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If you don't learn contentment, you'll never be happy. You will always want more.

Awesome quote.

Reminds me of this one:

th

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟130,041.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is a Dad?

A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall, but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.
A dad is someone who wants to keep you from making mistakes, but instead lets you find your own way, even though his heart breaks in silence when you get hurt.
A dad is someone who holds you when you cry, scolds you when you break the rules, shines with pride when you succeed, and has faith in you even when you fail.

Reactions: hopesprings
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. It can no longer serve to settle disputes. It can no longer be of concern to great powers alone. For a nuclear disaster, spread by wind and water and fear, could well engulf the great and the small, the rich and the poor, the committed and the uncommitted alike. Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Two thoughts.

In my experience, there are three possible answers to any prayer.

The rarest answer I get is a flat, No! It happens, but it is still the least received answer I get.

The second rarest answer I get is, Yes. I do get yes for an answer on occasion, but it is fairly rare, but a little more than NO!

The commonest answer I get is "Hang on. I've got a better idea!" He's right, of course.

Sir Winston Churchill is quoted as saying "I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught."
(Raises hand quietly...)

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If life was a thing that money could buy, the rich would live and the poor would die.

Credited to Terry Teene, but it was from the expression used over a much longer time, as such an expression is used within a monogram on a headstone from 1687.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
You can't stay where you are and go with God. You cannot continue doing things your way and accomplish God's purpose in His ways. Your thinking cannot come close to God's thoughts. For you to do the will of God, you must adjust your life to Him, His purposes, and His ways.

AVOIDING TEMPTATION
Our 10 year old loves playing on his father's tablet but may use only the touch screen because he has misused the keyboard and stylus. One day, after receiving permission to play, he detached and handed over the forbidden objects. His dad said, "Just leave them there," but our son replied, "No, I might be tempted to use them."
We routinely pray, "Lead us not into temptation," hoping god will almost magically keep use out of trouble even as we stray close to enticements: We buy high-calorie treats while intending to "eat healthy." We visit big box stores and spend money we don't have, We gather with gossipy friends, fully aware that such talk is sinful and harmful.
Perhaps we should be more proactive about removing temptations. Perhaps "Lead me not into temptation" means "God, help me keep myself away from that which tempts me toward poor choices."

Author unknown

Ooo, I'll see what other people are saying.

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
What is a Dad?

A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall, but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.
A dad is someone who wants to keep you from making mistakes, but instead lets you find your own way, even though his heart breaks in silence when you get hurt.
A dad is someone who holds you when you cry, scolds you when you break the rules, shines with pride when you succeed, and has faith in you even when you fail.
Pride comes before the fall.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Knowing the Bible is good yes but College will get you far also. I just ended my long college journey and it feels wonderful.

A college degree is a wonderful vehicle with which to begin your journey for success in life.

The bible is the steering wheel.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟130,041.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.

It isn't the jeans that make your derrière look fat.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Goodbook said:
A wise man once told me...wherever you go, there you are.

That was Buckaroo Bonsai in the movie, "The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonsai Across the Eighth Dimension" (1984). Great movie, terribly under appreciated.

Upvote 0