Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why-- because the Lord was keeping it a secret?
Dear God!
Or the Lord does all that He is pleased to do without consulting anyone. They found out about Paul by word of mouth. Jesus never told them as far as the NT is concerned.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Dear God!
Or the Lord does all that He is pleased to do without consulting anyone. They found out about Paul by word of mouth. Jesus never told them as far as the NT is concerned.
(Sorry, I'm trying REALLY hard here to be respectful with this question, and failing. Please forgive my weakness in that regard)

So... you believe the 11 consulted scriptures and prayed (neither was good enough to lead them), the Lord didn't bother to tell them when they asked, and they went and just did what they pleased... and this is ok? Because of "good intentions"?
And scripture didn't mention any "the 11 incorrectly choose" or anything like that?

How do you have any certainty in anything then-- if following scripture isn't good enough, praying isn't good enough, the Lord isn't going to bother to tell you, and that's enough to even correctly lead all 11 Apostles together? Do you do whatever with good intentions?

My mind is just boggling at this.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Sorry, I'm trying REALLY hard here to be respectful with this question, and failing. Please forgive my weakness in that regard)

So... you believe the 11 consulted scriptures and prayed (neither was good enough to lead them), the Lord didn't bother to tell them when they asked, and they went and just did what they pleased... and this is ok? Because of "good intentions"?
And scripture didn't mention any "the 11 incorrectly choose" or anything like that?

How do you have any certainty in anything then-- if following scripture isn't good enough, praying isn't good enough, the Lord isn't going to bother to tell you, and that's enough to even correctly lead all 11 Apostles together? Do you do whatever with good intentions?

My mind is just boggling at this.
I don’t think they waited for a answer they prayed and cast lots.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was it ok for them to do what they did? I just want a "yes" or "no". Right now it feels like you're skirting things and it's making me frustrated.
It’s not a yes or no answer they didn’t sin but they should have waited on the lord their motives were pure.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Let’s put it this way. Lord you answer my prayers. These were the 12 Apostles of the Lord. Shouldn’t they have waited on you?
Jesus awnsers this is in their favor their motives were pure and they couldn’t have known about Paul.
Let's zoom out for the next question--
What do you consider to be the source of Truth, to guide you in Truth? How does that Truth come to you, so you know what you are doing what the Lord desires.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's zoom out for the next question--
What do you consider to be the source of Truth, to guide you in Truth? How does that Truth come to you, so you know what you are doing what the Lord desires.
The NT and the spirit of Christ in me. I don’t blindly follow doctrines.
I take a careful consideration with my own eyes. As in let the reader beware...there are doctrines I agree with.
The lords command is love one another as HE has loved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
I take a careful consideration with my own eyes. As in let the reader beware...there are doctrines I agree with.
And how are you different than the 11 Apostles? The had scripture, walked with Christ personally, etc. And yet you believe they seriously errored.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a NT with Paul and hindsight. They didn’t know about Paul.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How are you protected from making a similar HUGE
error like they did?
It wasn’t a Huge error. It was later generations that used that event to pick apostles. I am not important enough to make Huge errors. I am neither a prophet nor a apostle.

Upvote 0