For me, it's either theistic evolution or nothing.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
make clothing from a fig tree you use the fiber from the branches of the tree. The link will show you how to make clothing from a fig tree.

Of course this will not keep you warm and God showed them how to use animal skins to stay warm. We use to have wool made from the fur of an animal or we had down made from the feathers. This kept us warm in the winter. I had a down jacket and a down sleeping bag. My sons loved it because it was so soft to sleep on.

This allowed people to move north into the colder climate compared to Africa. We find sowing needles and fish hooks that they used when they came up out of Africa. Even before Adam and Eve and before civilization. Science has put a lot of research into the study of how hunter gathers became civilized food produces in Eden. Of course the Bible tells us that God breathed life into Adam and Eve. Science does not understand that. Although we do not live very long if we quit breathing. Many many books can be written about this.

1708903061429.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You said that God wrote the Bible
If you study Kaballah you will learn that God created the Universe using the Hebrew language. Of course this language was confused at the tower of Babel because "Nothing that they have a mind to do will be impossible for them!" Genesis11:6. There are people today that believe nothing is impossible, we can manifest whatever we want negative or positive.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This guy thinks that bereshit rabba midrash 4 from 300 AD is "post modern liberal theology".
That is what they say: New Age is not new at all, it is the same old garbage that is said to be new.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Just a complete lack of awareness of tradition.
Jesus warns us against tradition.

Mark 7:5
So the Pharisees and scribes questioned Jesus: "Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders?

You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men,” Mark 7:6-8.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus warns us against tradition.

Mark 7:5
So the Pharisees and scribes questioned Jesus: "Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders?

You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men,” Mark 7:6-8.
I mean tradition in the sense of, how the text was understood in the time of Jesus and the early centuries AD. Which are obviously a good thing to pay attention to, otherwise we wouldnt have a Bible.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,855.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Of course this will not keep you warm and God showed them how to use animal skins to stay warm. We use to have wool made from the fur of an animal or we had down made from the feathers. This kept us warm in the winter. I had a down jacket and a down sleeping bag. My sons loved it because it was so soft to sleep on.

This allowed people to move north into the colder climate compared to Africa. We find sowing needles and fish hooks that they used when they came up out of Africa. Even before Adam and Eve and before civilization. Science has put a lot of research into the study of how hunter gathers became civilized food produces in Eden. Of course the Bible tells us that God breathed life into Adam and Eve. Science does not understand that. Although we do not live very long if we quit breathing. Many many books can be written about this.

View attachment 343226

If we read the Bible carefully, the population before the Flood remained in the Middle Eastern area where the climate was temperate. After the Flood, the population did not disperse throughout the world until the division of languages at the Tower of Babel. I think the animal skin clothing was initially more to do with modesty than warmth. It is not reliable to apply 21st Century logic and geography to prediluvian pre-tower of Babel geography. None of us were there to observe, so we don't really know about it.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Moses is typically attributed as the author of the Pentateuch.
All we really need is to follow the teachings of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount. No one other than Jesus adds to what we receive from Moses. So I always like to go back and look to see what Moses says about something.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All we really need is to follow the teachings of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount. No one other than Jesus adds to what we receive from Moses. So I always like to go back and look to see what Moses says about something.
Thats right. And Moses is typically considered the author of the Pentateuch.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Thats right. And Moses is typically considered the author of the Pentateuch.
God speaks with Moses face to face

6He said, “Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, will reveal Myself to him in a vision; I will speak to him in a dream. 7But this is not so with My servant Moses; he is faithful in all My house. 8I speak with him face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you unafraid to speak against My servant Moses?”… numbers 12

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
None of us were there to observe, so we don't really know about it.
We have artifacts that we can study. It is as if God preserves them for us because He wants us to know. The first thing we teach our Bible School students is about Joshua and the battle of Jericho, where the walls come tumbling down. You can go to Jericho today and still see that wall. There is evidence of an earthquake that took place there.
1708922068289.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,855.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We have artifacts that we can study. It is as if God preserves them for us because He wants us to know. The first thing we teach our Bible School students is about Joshua and the battle of Jericho, where the walls come tumbling down. You can go to Jericho today and still see that wall. There is evidence of an earthquake that took place there.
View attachment 343236
That's quite true. That's why we have a seven day week. God set that up in the first week of creation. He left that for us to show that He created everything in six days and rested on the seventh. There is no other reason for the seven day week. In fact, there was nothing stopping us having an eight day, ten day, or even a 20 day week, because the days of the week are not dependent on the rotation of the earth or the rotation of the earth around the Sun.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In fact, there was nothing stopping us having an eight day
Adam and Eve were created on the eight day. The 1,000 year reign of Christ will be a sabath for us. The eighth day there will be a new heaven and a new earth,.

Revelations 21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. People get Ocean and Sea confused. The Mediterranean is a sea not an ocean. When napoleon BUILT THE suez canal they were concerned that would drain the Mediterranean into the ocean.

We can see in plate technotics what is going to happen when Jesus returns. Both east and west, north and south will be divided.

"On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south". Zechariah 14 4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God speaks with Moses face to face

6He said, “Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, will reveal Myself to him in a vision; I will speak to him in a dream. 7But this is not so with My servant Moses; he is faithful in all My house. 8I speak with him face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you unafraid to speak against My servant Moses?”… numbers 12
I recall the events in Exodus. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's quite true. That's why we have a seven day week. God set that up in the first week of creation. He left that for us to show that He created everything in six days and rested on the seventh. There is no other reason for the seven day week. In fact, there was nothing stopping us having an eight day, ten day, or even a 20 day week, because the days of the week are not dependent on the rotation of the earth or the rotation of the earth around the Sun.
Another reason for the 7 day work week is that it is the amount of time in which temples were inaugurated in the old testament. See 2 chronicles for example. And that makes things easy for us because Genesis is about a temple. Isaiah 66:1-2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There are mountains of evidence for evolution. It is corroborated by research in every field. Scientists are basically unanimous these days. The only ones who won't give in, after 150 years, are the fundamentalists.

So for me, and many others I'm sure, it's either theistic evolution or we simply can not believe in Christianity.
This is why Christians should stop telling people they can't believe in evolution. Is a person's belief in evolution going to send them to Hell, as long as they believe that Jesus has saved them and they have accepted him? No! As long as the central belief is there, it doesn't matter what a person thinks about the origin of the earth. It's like whether a person believes in post-Trib or pre-Trib. Who the hell cares?

If Christians keep pushing the view that people can't believe in both Christianity and evolution, many potential Christians will be lost. They will be pushed away from the church as it becomes increasingly anachronistic. The will say, "I believe in evolution; of course I can't be a Christian." But that's only because Christians themselves have promoted this view. They have a damn grudge match with evolution. Christianity and evolution need not be mutually exclusive.

I believe in evolution, and in my view, if God was involved, it is an absolutely beautiful phenomenon. It is the work of a master artist, a supremely brilliant engineer. A single-celled organism gave way to all of the life we see on earth around us. It's amazing! Praise be to God for this glorious master work that shows us his incredible ingenuity.
There are mountains of evidence that speak against evolution. Dinosaur soft tissue has been found. This is impossible in the Darwinian scheme. There is no way that soft tissue can remain for 100 million years or so. Evolutionary theory is an insult to our wonderful Creator who spoke all things into existence.

If your faith depends on unproveable theories that have more holes than a sieve, you have the wrong foundation. However, it is not believing or disbelieving evolution that saves. I doubted evolution from the first time I heard about it as a child. I was not saved. If someone wants to believe evolution, it's their choice. Believing evolution will not send people to hell either. I just wish that Christians would find out the truth about evolutionary theory before embracing it.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If only those pesky scripture passages did really not suggest otherwise. I would see one Creator having the same basic plan for design of many different kinds, and it can look to some people like they are related by coming from the same ancestors. But the passages only show me God created the different kinds as they were, and gaps remain between them. There is such evidence that even I find too hard to avoid that there were things many ages longer than half a dozen or a dozen millenia. To me what would be the most consistent with the understanding of the passages I see is such long ages while the earth was in its unformed state, and things were so different before God created life and everything with all of it in this world.

It does not need such explanation if there is a really long time this unformed planet was here before the week of creation, but a claim that days of the week, with a day of rest which Sabbath is reminding us of, are long ages, is hard to explain where we have plain understanding of the scripture passages about the week of creation.

In the beginning of the Bible's account there was no death. Death came with the rebellion of sin against God. There is no other account of death in the Bible from creation or from anything else, all death is included from one thing, with the increasing curse from sin, all creation groans for that, with hope for deliverance that will be fulfilled as is promised.

Upvote 0