Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I know you're a tree lover like me...so I thought you might enjoy this tree. :)

attachment.php

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Photini said:
That's in a park called Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven, FL.

The name of that kind of tree slips my mind.

Please refresh my memory.

I'm going to have to visit Cypress Gardens one of these days, but, even though I live on the East Coast, Florida is a long way off.

It is much easier for me to drive to Canada than it is to drive to Florida.

But I'll have to do it again (I did it once before) soon.

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Here's a link with a little info on the Banyan Tree. :) (One paragraph really, but it's all I found cuz I'm in a hurry.)

The banyan tree grows throughout Cambodia. It may reach a height of over 100 feet, and as it grows, new roots descend from its branches, pushing into the ground and forming new trunks. The roots grow relentlessly; many of the ancient temples of Angkor have toppled as these roots have become embedded in the cracks and crevices between their massive stones. A single tree might have dozens of trunks, and it is often impossible to tell which is the original.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The banyan tree grows throughout Cambodia. It may reach a height of over 100 feet, and as it grows, new roots descend from its branches, pushing into the ground and forming new trunks. The roots grow relentlessly; many of the ancient temples of Angkor have toppled as these roots have become embedded in the cracks and crevices between their massive stones. A single tree might have dozens of trunks, and it is often impossible to tell which is the original.

Wow! Watch out for the Invader .... The Banyan tree is on its way to a neighborhood near you. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Photini said:
They call it a Banyan Tree. :) Your daughter would love it there too I'm sure...they have lots of rides (ones appropriate for smaller children too) and a water park section too.

You know, that's what I thought it was, but I confused that name in my mind with a picture of the African baobab tree.

That is such an awesome tree.

I wish I had taken some photos here where I live before the leaves fell.

They sure were beautiful just a couple of weeks ago: orange, red, yellow, gold, purple, and bronze. Sadly, the leaves are just about all gone now.

Makes it easy to spot the holly trees in the woods, though. My daughter Anna likes to pick the red berries and throw them around, planting "baby trees," as she calls it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.