For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True the animal was slain for the sake of their sin, but such a remedy is only temporal, and pertinent only to individual (and collective) sinners, Adam died at 930 years, evidently showing that the flesh was held accountable to a divine standard, where a day is as a 1000 years.

You started off with presenting scripture out of context.
2 Peter 3:8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

What is the context of that verse? Where was Genesis in mind?

Yet I am amazed by how many still are not aware, or stand in disbelief, the very moment they ate of the fruit they instantly became Spiritually Dead, for their eyes were closed to one realm, and opened unto another realm, the realm of the living dead, aka Hell, the place where one goes to wail and gnash their teeth.

The earth is not hell.

Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You started off with presenting scripture out of context.
2 Peter 3:8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

What is the context of that verse? Where was Genesis in mind?

Actually Paul partially paraphrased a verse from psalms, and interposed it.

"For a thousand years in your sight are but as a day when it is complete, and as a watch in the night." [Psalm 90:4]

Nothing out of context, you just missed the connection, the OP pertains to the six days of Creation, '...a day equating to a thousand years...' many interpret the six days to be six thousand years, the concept being fairly common amongst us, I didn't suspect the need to spell it out.

The earth is not hell.

For O' so many it is, and or otherwise has proven to be a place where one is subject to Wail, and Gnash their teeth.

Hell is scripturally described as being below, as heaven is referred to as being above, (when our Creator established an Up, a Down automatically assumed it's position, for there cannot be an Up, without a relationship to a Down);

Yésʰûʷəʰ said, '...I am from above, and you are from below...' the 'below' may scripturally refer to Earth itself, Beneath the Earth (as a grave), or the Sea.

If you have a concordance look up the word 'hell', and notice how it is used in every context, even the Wicked become hell.

If you do not have a concordance I can post the references for you.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually Paul partially paraphrased a verse from psalms, and interposed it.

"For a thousand years in your sight are but as a day when it is complete, and as a watch in the night." [Psalm 90:4]

Nothing out of context, you just missed the connection, the OP pertains to the six days of Creation, '...a day equating to a thousand years...' many interpret the six days to be six thousand years, the concept being fairly common amongst us, I didn't suspect the need to spell it out.

The verse's tell us time means nothing to God.

For O' so many it is, and or otherwise has proven to be a place where one is subject to Wail, and Gnash their teeth.

Hell is scripturally described as being below, as heaven is referred to as being above, (when our Creator established an Up, a Down automatically assumed it's position, for there cannot be an Up, without a relationship to a Down);

Yésʰûʷəʰ said, '...I am from above, and you are from below...' the 'below' may scripturally refer to Earth itself, Beneath the Earth (as a grave), or the Sea.

If you have a concordance look up the word 'hell', and notice how it is used in every context, even the Wicked become hell.

If you do not have a concordance I can post the references for you.

I agree, for some life on earth may seem to be a living hell. But, it's not the hell described in the Bible where some will spend eternity after death.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some are destroyed in the lake of fire- that's the second death.
Some will spend eternity in Hell.
Meaning not all who aren't saved will go to Hell. God is just. Many have never heard of Christ and have still tried to live a good life. As Paul said, those who are outside of the law will be judged outside of the law. They will NOT come into the presence of God. However, whether they are in a lesser eternity, whether they are destroyed and gone or whether their eternity will be in damnation is for the Lord to decide.

this is incredibly incorrect!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And that is sad that you equate the six days with six thousand years! For both in Psalms adn in Peter- they are used as allegories (we can tell by that little word as- which tells us a comparison is being made)

Hell is hades/sheol or the grave. In Jesus day it had three compartments so to speak. Abrahams Bosom/Paradise where the righteous dead went before Jesus ascended.

The place of Torments where the rich man in the Lazarus and rich man account went, and Tartarus where the angels who fell in Genesis 6 went.

Technically all unrighteous will spend eternity in the lake of fire!

Rev. 20:
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Notice death and the grave being tossed into the lake of fire are called the second death? That is because they are destroyed! All unbelievers who are tossed into teh lake of fire live for eternity in that place of agony!

Upvote 0