• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is

Discussion in 'Creation & Theistic Evolution' started by lifepsyop, May 30, 2019.

1. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    I was rather saying that Genesis is amalgamation if various styles and items, creation story, some prophecies, some pre-judaistic history etc.

I do not think that Genesis 1 and 2 are amalgamation of creation myths from Mesopotamia, I think they are reaction to these myths. I.e. a monotheistic response to them. But it will have, of course, a similar style and a similar "scientific" knowledge about the universe behind it.

2. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,339
    Christian
    Private
    Why do the other authors of the bible present it as literal and historic?

3. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    What verse specifically troubles you?

4. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,339
    Christian
    Private
    Where do I start?
    Here's a quick 2.
    Enoch the seventh from Adam. ....presented as literal and historical. Jude 1:14

In a letter to Timothy Paul presents some rules for the women....then presents the reason why. The reason is based upon a literal and historical interpretation of the creation account. 1 Tim 2:13-14
    Why would Paul base the rule upon an amalgamation of creation myths from Mesopotamia?

In addition verse 14 tells us the fall was because of disobedience...How does the Theo-Evo camp explain the cause of the fall?

5. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    I see no problem with Enoch being historical.

Paul is talking about theology, not about science here. Theologically, man was created first. Its like I was making reference to rich man and lazarus story. Theologically, its still valid, no matter if it happened exactly in this manner or not.

I see no problems with the fall of Adam, regarding evolution.

6. KWCrazy

KWCrazy Newbie

+1,967
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Really?
    Nobody died before Adam.
    Sin and death came into the world through the actions of one man.
    The human race was preserved through the actions of one man.
    The offer of salvation came about through the actions of one man.
    See the pattern? Noah was the second "Adam."
    How do you pick and choose which portions of the Bible to believe when they all interconnect?

7. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,339
    Christian
    Private
    Then why is it you can't..or is it refuse..to answer my questions?

8. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,339
    Christian
    Private
    Noah???

9. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    Spiritual death. Adam did not die physically in the day he disobeyed.

10. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    Which questions did I not answer?

11. KWCrazy

KWCrazy Newbie

+1,967
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    One the day he broke the command death was assured. Before that he had no expiration date.
    Satan promised they would not die that day. They did not, but on that day they assured they would die one day.

12. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    There was the tree of life in Eden. Not for jokes, I suppose.

They died spiritually on that day. They began to need a saviour.

They died physically later, because they were expelled from the tree of life in the garden.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  13. Lazarus Short

Lazarus Short Well-Known Member

+757
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yeah, I've heard that little chestnut many times. So...one day I counted instances of Jesus talking about Heaven versus Him talking about Hell. Heaven won by about ten to one, so let's put paid to that, shall we?

Anyway, "hell" is ALWAYS translated from just four words:

sheol

hades

gehenna

tartarus

and none of the four refer to a place of eternal torment in fire. What else do you have, besides tradition and fiction (Dante, Milton, Baxter)?

14. KWCrazy

KWCrazy Newbie

+1,967
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    After reading more about the subject I'm inclined to agree that the evidence doesn't support the claim (shame on those ministers who originated it). To be fair, since the gospels tell the same story from different viewpoints the only way to be consistent would be to take one version, say Matthew, and count the references. And Then we only have what each recorded.

15. Laureate

Laureate whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?

+323
    Messianic
    Single
    There is no, let there be Darkness, no, let there be a צול Deep, nor a let there be Ground in the synopsis, yet they were all present, and accounted for.

שאל Sʰeol is not only a physical place mentioned in the scriptures it is also identified as צול Tsʰoʷl the Deep, which has a pre-existence to the Atmosphere (called heaven), and the Dry ground (called earth).

16. Laureate

+323
    Messianic
    Single
    '...if the sun wasn't created until the fourth day.'
    'If' is the operative word in this case, for everyone under the Sun knows that the Light of Day comes from the Sun, ergo the utterance of 'Let there be Light...and the Light was called Day...and the evening and the morning became the first Day.' thus the Sun was created on what we commonly refer to as Sunday, the first day of the week.

Carefully note, the 'Light of Day' was not placed in the Firmament (Gaseous Expanse) called Sʰəméyîm (Heaven-Air), but the Two great Lights mentioned on Day four are placed within our Sʰəméyîm (Atmosphere);

The biggest clue as to what identifies these two great Lights is that we know they pertain to the Regulation of light upon earth, delineating Days, Years, and Seasons, thus מארת should have been translated as (Magnetic) Poles, though 'Lights' is far from inappropriate, when you consider how the Northern and Southern Lights are a part of our מארת magnetic poles.

Otherwise carefully consider how our Sun and Moon has nothing to do with the Regulation of the cycles called, days, years, or seasons, it is our rotation upon our axis that Regulates these things.

17. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,339
    Christian
    Private
    Many seem to think the animal that became their clothing dies in their place.

18. Laureate

+323
    Messianic
    Single

True the animal was slain for the sake of their sin, but such a remedy is only temporal, and pertinent only to individual (and collective) sinners, Adam died at 930 years, evidently showing that the flesh was held accountable to a divine standard, where a day is as a 1000 years.

Yet I am amazed by how many still are not aware, or stand in disbelief, the very moment they ate of the fruit they instantly became Spiritually Dead, for their eyes were closed to one realm, and opened unto another realm, the realm of the living dead, aka Hell, the place where one goes to wail and gnash their teeth.

John and Yésʰûʷəʰ basically were sent from heaven, and came to Hell to raise the Dead, even so it is now, many have awoken ,and are walking in the Kingdom of Heaven here on earth, while others are yet fast asleep, and are nothing more than the walking dead in the World.

In a sense Hell is a virtual matrix where one does not perceive the prison bars keeping them within the perimeters of their prison, so perfect is this prison that, the inmates do not even realize they have been incarcerated.

The difference between heaven and hell is where one stands in their heart and mind, or consider how we are not saved by any outward Calvary riding in on horseback, no Swat Team, Special Forces, or Navy Seals, we are Saved from our Sinful state by our own Realization of the (otherwise unseen) Truth which we trust and rely upon without a doubt.

From where I stand, I can clearly see that my feet are propped up on His footstool, and my buttocks is resting upon His Throne [שמים atmosphere, air, heaven, etc.], the question now stands, Where are your feet, and buttocks when you are found standing on solid ground?:)

19. Laureate

+323
    Messianic
    Single

True the animal was slain for the sake of their sin, but such a remedy is only temporal, and pertinent only to individual (and collective) sinners, Adam died at 930 years, evidently showing that the flesh was held accountable to a divine standard, where a day is as a 1000 years.

Yet I am amazed by how many still are not aware, or stand in disbelief, the very moment they ate of the fruit they instantly became Spiritually Dead, for their eyes were closed to one realm, and opened unto another realm, the realm of the living dead, aka Hell, the place where one goes to wail and gnash their teeth.

John and Yésʰûʷəʰ basically were sent from heaven, and came to Hell to raise the Dead, even so it is now, many have awoken ,and are walking in the Kingdom of Heaven here on earth, while others are yet fast asleep, and are nothing more than the walking dead in the World.

In a sense Hell is a virtual matrix where one does not perceive the prison bars keeping them within the perimeters of their prison, so perfect is this prison that, the inmates do not even realize they have been incarcerated.

The difference between heaven and hell is where one stands in their heart and mind, or consider how we are not saved by any outward Calvary riding in on horseback, no Swat Team, Special Forces, or Navy Seals, we are Saved from our Sinful state by our own Realization of the (otherwise unseen) Truth which we trust and rely upon without a doubt.

From where I stand, I can clearly see that my feet are propped up on His footstool, and my buttocks is resting upon His Throne [שמים atmosphere, air, heaven, etc.], the question now stands, Where are your feet, and buttocks when you are found standing on solid ground?:)

20. Laureate

+323
    Messianic
    Single
    Don't you just hate it when the post doesn't show up on your screen, and so you attempt to hit post again, not knowing it has already posted, until after the duplicate post.:)